• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Starcraft II Wings of Liberty Coop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi LordDz,I'm the starcraft player in Asia Surver and i really like your creation on Wings of Liberty Coop Campaign. But I'm sorry to tell you there is the huge bug in the campaign.When I finish the 17B mission Ghost of a Chance I've saw there is no Upgrade on Ghost.And when I move forward to 18A Safe Haven. I discovered there is the Spectre i can only allow to train instead of ghost and the Nuke Cost is still the same as 100mineral and 100Gas Cost even i Upgrade the Nuke Cost Reduction Tech Tree. Furthermore,When we finish mission 14,the utter darkness and finish the Zerg LV5 Research(all of us get the different LV5research and i got the Psi Disruptor),We actually find out we can't Build Any of it. Neither Psi Disruptor or Hive Mind Emluator.As a result we pause to keep playing since that was a huge bug.I hope you can find the way to fix it.And have a nice day

Last edited:
Level 4
Those bugs has already been tell and if you complete the mission your upgrade will activate the next mission.
So you’re not force to pause your game.

Level 2
how is the brutal difficulty holding up? Are there any missions that need to be a bit more... Brutal? :D

I've completed the entire campaign on brutal now with 1 friend though some of those missions had the op 30 infantry shields anyways. I'll say All In had excellent difficulty otherwise the difficulty kind of went down as you progressed after the dig. Possibly mostly due to having so much resources. In most missions the hard part was to hold initially in order to get your economy and production rolling. After that it was quite easy. Most preferably this curve would be evened out a bit.

Level 4
So you mean I can play Ghost after mission 18?

For this part I don’t know. I have never chose this liar of Nova, and keep the lore choice helping Tosh and so always getting the specters. But for the upgrade you have choose I had the same issues when I have made my solo run.

Level 25
I've completed the entire campaign on brutal now with 1 friend though some of those missions had the op 30 infantry shields anyways. I'll say All In had excellent difficulty otherwise the difficulty kind of went down as you progressed after the dig. Possibly mostly due to having so much resources. In most missions the hard part was to hold initially in order to get your economy and production rolling. After that it was quite easy. Most preferably this curve would be evened out a bit.
Ok, yeah I nerfed the shield to 15 shield energy. I'll see about increasing the difficulty for the later missions. :)

So you mean I can play Ghost after mission 18?
Yes, depending on which mission you played last, (Nova / Tosh), the unit given on that mission will be selected as your unit. You will however only get resources from completing one of the missions as both of them count as the same mission.

Level 1
Ok, yeah I nerfed the shield to 15 shield energy. I'll see about increasing the difficulty for the later missions. :)

Yes, depending on which mission you played last, (Nova / Tosh), the unit given on that mission will be selected as your unit. You will however only get resources from completing one of the missions as both of them count as the same mission.
ty so much

Level 1
Hi LordDz.I've Finish the Secret Mission(mission 23),and I find out player 1 can't control Any Heroes but Player 3 can control 2 Heroes,is that a bug?

Level 2
Having played the first mission on insanity now and I gotta say the difficulty is ridiculous. I tried it solo and couldn't even get past the 2nd enemy group (killing none of them). I had already lost all my marines to the first enemy group and taken heavy damage on my heroes. I must say I doubt its winnable. Our units damage is divided by 2.5!!! so my marines do 2.4 damage while enemy units have 1 armor upgrade meaning my marines do 1.4 damage to enemy marines instead of 5 like on brutal. This difficulty is far too hard. Given that my units apparently also take 2 times the damage I must say this is impossible.

I also tried the second mission and lost at the first attempt. Fair enough, second attempt I knew what to expect and took 2/3rds of my scvs and made marines from all my 3 barracks all the time and fought off the first wave. However the second wave arrives moments later when I have maybe twice the marines it has but now he has 1-1 upgrades as well and completely wrecks me.

So if this is how hard Insanity is supposed to be you might as well rename it Impossible because that is what it is. Making my units do 0.4 times the damage with 0.5 times the health gets me a combat effectiveness of 0.4*0.5 = 0.2 of brutal difficulty. 100% impossible.

I understand that Insanity is supposed to be the last thing you do and you don't actually want to balance unit waves and such for it. That is fine, but these changes are insane. How about player units gets 75% hp or player units gets 75% damage? not both at the same time one of them.

I am not completely sure if the reduced damages reduces enemy armor as well but if it does not, then player units should probably not get reduced damage as enemies will almost always have more armor upgrades and it will heavily fuck most player units.

Hell I'd rather pay 3 times as much resources for everything than how it is now.

Or maybe insanity should mean every player accessible resource pile on the map gives half the resources or something like that.

Level 4
Why not just make insanity as a realistic campaign. I mean you have a limited amount of each unit for the map you play like 20 marines and no more. The rebel of Raynor aren’t a limitless force like the dominion but an elite scouad

Level 2
Why not just make insanity as a realistic campaign. I mean you have a limited amount of each unit for the map you play like 20 marines and no more. The rebel of Raynor aren’t a limitless force like the dominion but an elite scouad

Though what u are asking for is indeed interesting it would be a whole lot of work. The primary purpose of this project is to port it to coop I am guessing and thus making a sort of new game out of it is a bit out of scope.

All I am asking for is some different percentages or resources.

Level 25
Not gonna happen. Way too much work.

Having played the first mission on insanity now and I gotta say the difficulty is ridiculous. I tried it solo and couldn't even get past the 2nd enemy group (killing none of them). I had already lost all my marines to the first enemy group and taken heavy damage on my heroes. I must say I doubt its winnable. Our units damage is divided by 2.5!!! so my marines do 2.4 damage while enemy units have 1 armor upgrade meaning my marines do 1.4 damage to enemy marines instead of 5 like on brutal. This difficulty is far too hard. Given that my units apparently also take 2 times the damage I must say this is impossible.

I also tried the second mission and lost at the first attempt. Fair enough, second attempt I knew what to expect and took 2/3rds of my scvs and made marines from all my 3 barracks all the time and fought off the first wave. However the second wave arrives moments later when I have maybe twice the marines it has but now he has 1-1 upgrades as well and completely wrecks me.

So if this is how hard Insanity is supposed to be you might as well rename it Impossible because that is what it is. Making my units do 0.4 times the damage with 0.5 times the health gets me a combat effectiveness of 0.4*0.5 = 0.2 of brutal difficulty. 100% impossible.

Or maybe insanity should mean every player accessible resource pile on the map gives half the resources or something like that.
I'll nerf the the damage, it was mostly meant as a joke for those who thought brutal was too easy. It's not balanced at all against the maps, so it might not be doable to complete it on insanity on every map.

Nerfing resource pickups wouldn't do that much, there aren't that many in the maps.

EDIT: Quick fixes before going to bed:
Insanity mode: Units now deal 40% damage and take normal damage.
Added bug fixes to secret mission and map 2.

Last edited:
Level 2
Not gonna happen. Way too much work.

I'll nerf the the damage, it was mostly meant as a joke for those who thought brutal was too easy. It's not balanced at all against the maps, so it might not be doable to complete it on insanity on every map.

Nerfing resource pickups wouldn't do that much, there aren't that many in the maps.

EDIT: Quick fixes before going to bed:
Insanity mode: Units now deal 40% damage and take normal damage.
Added bug fixes to secret mission and map 2.

40% damage is still ridiculous (somewhat less so if armor is also reduced to 40% effectiveness but I don't know if that's the case). Also my point wasn't resource pickups. Those would indeed not have much influence but less minerals in mineral patches and so on would.

Level 25
Keep in mind, your units take the normal damage rather than the double damage now. So yeah they deal 60% less but they will stay alive longer.
I haven't touched the armor value of the difficulty.
It's insanity mode, it's supposed to be.. insane.

Reducing the amount of minerals would force me to go to each map and reduce them on each map, which would just be too much work for very little gain.

Good night! :)

Level 2
Keep in mind, your units take the normal damage rather than the double damage now. So yeah they deal 60% less but they will stay alive longer.
I haven't touched the armor value of the difficulty.
It's insanity mode, it's supposed to be.. insane.

Reducing the amount of minerals would force me to go to each map and reduce them on each map, which would just be too much work for very little gain.

Good night! :)

Hmm there is still no action to just select all mineral/gas units and reduce their amounts by half?

Anyways your change is good but doing 40% damage I would say is the bad part of the pendulum. I would rather do 100% dmg and take 200% dmg than the opposite. And my armor question wasn't about if u had specifically checked it or not but how it was in reality. 1 armor reducing dmg by 0.4 or 0.1 makes a ton of difference when reducing the damage of 2.4 damage. If you don't know then u can't balance properly.

Level 4
Try out first the changes. Then post how it has gone, and you can discuss after if it is possible to win or not.
In my point of view insane should be endless wawes of ennemies, like non stop attack a certain time reach, or the thing I said earlier. But I understand it would be to much work.

Level 2
Alright I tried Liberation day on Insanity now and it's a lot better but still impossible. I verified that 1 armor still decreases damage by 1 (I watched an enemy marine take damage from my marine and its health went down by 2 then 1 then 2 and so on... Meaning the marines did 1.4 damage. In later missions marines will inevitably do 0.25 damage (the minimum) due to high armor enemies. So even for the first mission your 40% damage handicap is effectively 28% for your most common unit.

Fortunately the mech units in this mission did not get armor upgrades though. I can now get past the second group of enemies with the Goliath though I will always die in the plaza where the tank will snipe me. Even ordering all the marines that drops to target the tank won't kill it due to its 1 base armor and my heroes are so far away that they cant get in close enough anyways. Thats not even mentioning the medics healing marines faster than i can kill marines with my tiny hero group. Medics will also have 2 armor so they are essentially invulnerable to anything but the heroes and the heroes will only do 2.smth damage to them.

So suggestion: Make the players units do 100% damage, reduce player units hp down to 75%. Should be plenty hard.

Level 1
Question. I see a lot of talk on here about the harder difficulties but me and my brother were playing just to hang out and neither of us are particularly skilled at SC. We got to mission 15 but on normal we got completely steamrolled so we tried casual. Same result. Making the harder settings harder is all well and good but could the easier settings actually be easier? The muto swarmes are just brutal without any air support.

Level 25
Just build some Missile Turrets and they should deal with mutalisks fine.
I don't think I added that many more mutalisks on casual difficulty, with the enemy having 50% less health, it should be quite easy for you guys to handle.
Remember to use the merc compound, that'll make things a lot easier as well.

Level 1
Dear LordDz

Thank you so much for an amazing coop maps! Me and two of friends played it all weekend on brutal difficulty and with some retries managed to complete all missions. It is no doubt my favorite arcade ever.

Again thanks for great work!

Level 4
Insanity was made to be impossible. I prefer him to balance the campaign and work on the hots one than balance something he could do a while latter

Level 2
Insanity was made to be impossible. I prefer him to balance the campaign and work on the hots one than balance something he could do a while latter
Im not talking about doing some long balance work Im talking about changing a variable from 0.4 to 0.75 or something like that. Whats the point of having something be completely impossible?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Im not talking about doing some long balance work Im talking about changing a variable from 0.4 to 0.75 or something like that. Whats the point of having something be completely impossible?
To fool people into thinking it is possible so they do not complain how easy the map is. Same reason why all the high end Undead Assault 3/Chronicles difficulties are on average impossible unless the RNG is very lucky or special options are chosen that overwrite the normal mechanics.

Level 4
Any balance on such a level of difficulty isn’t just a change of number. He need to change the number then he must try out every map to see if it works. And if you read the description of the mod yes it was made to be horrible and suffer and be unbeatable.

Level 2
To fool people into thinking it is possible so they do not complain how easy the map is. Same reason why all the high end Undead Assault 3/Chronicles difficulties are on average impossible unless the RNG is very lucky or special options are chosen that overwrite the normal mechanics.

Yeah there is no on average or by luck here. It's completely 100% impossible. Your units will do 1.4dmg to 0.4 dmg depending to the units in the first level. I doubt you could even win if u faced every enemy unit 1 vs your own units.

Having a completely impossibly difficulty is just silly and is going to waste peoples time no doubt. Brutal was decently hard but could be completed with only some map knowledge. Insane seems like a good continuation. 75% damage from your units seems as compared to brutal (same spawns and whatnot) a goodish compromise with little implementation time.

Given that brutal is still relatively easy insane could just be a slightly more difficult version of that not a 100% impossible version.

Now there is ofc a chance that certain missions with 75% damage would be impossible as well but I wouldn't even comment on that unless after extensive testing to determine if its completely impossible and if it can't be skipped in any way.

Level 25
Any balance on such a level of difficulty isn’t just a change of number. He need to change the number then he must try out every map to see if it works. And if you read the description of the mod yes it was made to be horrible and suffer and be unbeatable.
Actually, it's just a number change in the mod file. For testing if it's difficult enough.. Well, that's what you guys are here for ;)

I'll see about changing the difficulty settings tonight.

Level 2
Hello, it me again (Europe) :)

- Zeratul Mission 1 still no resources displayed after map is over
- I was able to buy mercs in Smash & Grab (War Pigs) that I already bought in a later mission

Buying stuff after map ends with team resources now seems to "be fixed" in that the upgrades aren't actually applied even though it looks like you bought them, am I right?

Edit:
- Tosh Mission: Player 1 got >30 Terrazine?

Last edited:
Level 1
1) Hi again Lord
I beat your coop GAME, had a lot of stages too much hard even in the easy mode (like MOEBIOUS FACTOR) .
That map on Brutal was too much hard even to my friend.
So i need to low the difficult just to low the units (and easy mode i used and still close hard as normal)

Now i am talking about All In
This stage is hard, it is OK.
But, i would like to suggest a UPDATE to grow the difficult, youd like to fight against "ground and air" at the same time.
A 3º option into the game. (just for braves)

2) Other think, about the possibility of HOTS and LOTV coop
Blizzard has a "premium content" arcade that able sale maps under this plataform.
I think, you could use this plataform, but you will need get authorization.
this system has a type of DRM from blizzard, so can be easy to put your content there

Last edited:
Level 25
I'm sorry, but..

'Git gud. :)
Casual mode should be a damn cakewalk, your enemies have 50% less health than normal.

Just train some SCVs, train some units and buy some mercenaries, you're 3 players fighting against an enemy that has 50% less health than you.. It shouldn't be too hard.

About the Hots and LOTV, I've done some maps and I plan do more, but I'm also working on a different project in Unity which also takes up a lot of my time.
So, the hots campaign will slowly be made, but not this year.

Edit:
- Tosh Mission: Player 1 got >30 Terrazine?
I'll take a look at it, thanks!

EDIT: I'm adding Journalist mode: Casual difficulty with enemies dealing 25% of their damage.

Last edited:
Level 1
Is there a guide or post where all the end-of-mission upgrades can be viewed? I'd rather not go over the whole thing again just to view them again...

Level 25
Small update!
I've taken contact with a Blizzard employee who will send my request for porting the Heart of the Swarm campaign to cooperative mode, to Blizzard.
He said it will take some time before an answer would be given tho.

Last edited:
Level 2
Don't mind me, just posting some tiny bugreports. I'm afraid nothing short of perfection will do for me :p
  • Trains Mission: Other players (2/3) can't see artifact in the end cutscene
  • Lava Mission: Only 2 of the 6 reapers are picked up in the end cutscene (the others will have to perish in the flames :< )
  • Siege Tank Mission: When getting the base, at least one of the players zooms to the wrong (player 1s) base

I hope HotSCoop/LotVCoop(/Novacoop?) will be a thing :D

Status
Not open for further replies.