1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Starcraft II Wings of Liberty Coop

Discussion in 'StarCraft II Modding' started by LordDz, Nov 5, 2017.

1. RED BARON

RED BARON

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Remember to leave using the far right icon in the upgrade menu, and look at the bottom corner icon for a save to banks icon. Don't leave the game using the regular menu.

2. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    I added a hint for that on the loading screen for the first mission, should hopefully make it a bit more obvious.
    However non-english speakers will probably still have an issue with it.

EDIT: I'm slowly adding cinematic skipping to the maps, right now map 1's cinematic can be skipped when all players press escape.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
  3. AnArmadillo

AnArmadillo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey, more stuff to fix :)

- Zeratul's Apprentices don't look at Kerrigan in the last fragment sequence
    - Stalker in the beginning of Zeratul Mission 2 does not attack until after he has given his speech in the campaign, here he attacks immediately, but maybe that's better, because I hadn't noticed it in SP before he attacked, just assumed he talks out of nowhere, like every other person.
    - You can give minerals to allys that are not players (at least in Zeratul 2, like "Void Seeker")
    - If a player leaves the game you get their resources (at least you can use them), enabling accidental cheating
    - Haven's fall: Typo in Loading screen description: "to much dismay" (not "too")
    - Safe Haven: Typo in Loading screen description: There is a space missing after a dot.
    - Supernova: "Violate Firestorms" in loading screen description...
    - Supernova: At least 1 player got no automated refinery although they had the upgrade
    - Maw of the Void: Templar Prison is not visible in "free us" sequence
    - Engine of Destruction:
    • At least one spaceport cannot land in the beginning
    • Factory hint gotten when building phase begins
    • One player has only 1 gas, not sure if intended

For the skipping, do you communicate this option to the players somewhere?

PS: Baneling spin best :D

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
  4. Erikcht

Erikcht

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wow, now i understand how it's works
    I couldndt imagine that those maps are integrated. I thought those are standalone...

5. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yay more bugs to fix! I'll go through them today.
    I'm going to communicate my new fixes with the mission completed, it has a passive button saying things.
    I'll also add a hint that shows only once for the players.

"If a player leaves the game you get their resources (at least you can use them), enabling accidental cheating"
    Is that one still happening? I've tried setting player resources to 0, set them to not be allies, disabled resource trading.. Yet it's still happening.

Baneling spin..? :)

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
  6. AnArmadillo

AnArmadillo

Resources:
    Resources:
    You don't see the resources, but you can use them.

A baneling in Zeratul 3 spins in the intro sequence :)

- Predator research tooltip: should be "Adds the Predator >to< the Factory."
    - Some unlocalized text in the german version (quests and dialog):
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

I don't know much about the map editor but I think you can remove incompletely translated languages, in case you didn't do so. If you need translation help for german I can help you.

7. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm still a bit split wether I should add translation support or not. I'm leaning towards just setting everything to english, it sure would be the easiest way.

Well, if the baneling wants to spin I'd say let him spin!

8. AnArmadillo

AnArmadillo

Resources:
    Resources:
    We finished it today, on hard! Again, great work you did! :D

- Emergency Drop Pods: Shouldn't they be an action like MULE, not a unit in the queue?
    - Media Blitz:
    • Loading screen text: "The Raiders" not "The Raider's"
    • Merc compound was unusable, at least by allies (It did not "switch" the selected unit to the buy options)
    • I was a support player (2 or 3) and could not build a merc compound
    - Secret mission:
    • Reinforcement drop: Medic player got no units when selecting marines? Intended?
    • Too easy? Does everybody get 5 Grenades etc. or are they shared across all players? Maybe give non-shared items to everyone, but less? (But how is that done in Archon mode then...?)
    • 2nd Part of the Mission: Find Protoss Relics 0/0 - not sure if that is the same way in the campaign, it might switch to 0/1 when you see the first one.
    • No Resources visible at the end
    - Gates of Hell:
    • Switched start screen position for support players
    • Firebat in intro sequence does not attack / bugged attack animation
    • Pods often die as soon as they spawn through enemies, no "safe time" like there is in the campaign
    - Zerg flyers kill mission:
    • Switched start screen position for support players
    • Starport & Factory hint - what is it with those hints? Why do they appear all the time?
    - Tunnel mission: Cannot see resources at the end
    - Last mission:
    • Factory & Starport hint again...
    • The goal is reached very fast (essentially half the supply of the campaign is needed for each player)
    - Some missions (like the Marauder Mission I think) give you a techlab at the start. It works, but the model shows the "unconnected" state
    - Overall: The difficulty is not really a curve. Some missions are quite easy, while earlier missions (like Devils Playground or Zeratul 2) are a lot harder.

Keep the spinning baneling, the mission wouldn't be the same without him! :D

You can use depots to block mineral stealers. :p

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
  9. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    There is a trigger action in every original map called "Create storymode tips", since it uses the campaign data for that, it will not know that the player has seen it before.
    I've removed them from most maps now, but there are still some that I've missed removing.

I'll take a look at the rest of the bugs :D

10. AnArmadillo

AnArmadillo

Resources:
    Resources:
    The tips: Weird, we all have seen it already, and yet it showed again. I would assume it saves that information in the bank where the other settings are also stored? Shouldn't that work properly then?

11. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nah, those tips use the local campaign data for the original campaign.
    And since I base every off my own bank file (because I can't edit the local campaign file) the tips doesn't save the setting that you've seen them the first time you see them.
    But like I said, it's easily fixed. I just missed removing the tip from a couple of maps.

12. AnArmadillo

AnArmadillo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok, weird, because in the folder for your maps (2-S2-1-262519 ?) there used to be a lot of campaign banks (I backed up the original folder and removed it), just started anew and now there's just BankCoop. I was thinking the missions created their own, albeit unused campaign bank files.

I don't know if you've tackled some of the less severe bugs yet, here are just some observations.

(Europe)

- There's a hint card for Supply depots too, which does not appear in later missions. Maybe that's somehow related to the factories being "airdropped" ?
    - Do you get upgrades you got in a later missions for earlier missions when you replay them? In that case having the Merc Compound buildable makes sense...
    - Mission 1:
    • Resources not visible at the end
    - Mission 2:
    • Hellion Warning works!
    • Merc Compound still buildable
    - Smash & Grab:
    • Merc Compound buildable (Is it usable yet? I don't think so, that's the first mission with upgrades, no?)
    - Evacuation:
    • Crysalis DNA Text Bug "DNA3/3)", not sure if that's Blizzards fault though

I really hope you're not too annoyed by all those bug reports. I think your project is awesome, and would like to see it as perfect as it can be, so I also report minor things that should be easy to fix (text misspellings etc.). :) On top of that I'm quite interested in SC2/Coop modding, but haven't attempted to use the editor myself yet.

13. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nah I mean, the local campaign in the original uses one bank file. This one I cannot edit. The hints use this one.
    I cannot make the story hint action use my own bank. The solution is to remove the action. I just missed doing it on a few maps.
    Some missions do have specific hints, this works as intended.

I'm not annoyed by the bug reports, they're really useful for me.
    It's just a bit energy consuming to fix them, but that's just life.

14. AnArmadillo

AnArmadillo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Alright, glad to hear that. I'm sure there are more reports to come!

15. Spellbound

Spellbound

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    not sure if it's been reported yet, but the after accessing the second terminal on the secret mission (to release the zerglings or zealots or ultras) the UI didn't come up for either me or my ally, so we weren't able to use abilities or even attack-move.

16. Hartog

Hartog

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think it would be useful to perhaps show during the load screens in the early missions that you should play the maps in the numbered order the missions have been given. I played the evacuation before Smash and grab which caused some weird behavior where I wasn't entirely sure what would happen. I got War Pigs after beating the evacuation and then i could get them again in after finishing Smash and grab (though I didn't). I replayed the evacuation after that and I still had access to War Pigs which may or may not be intended behavior.

Also though I haven't been able to replicate it today when I played the regular game UI was completely screwed up. The Terran green borders around the regular ui such as the map and unit stats were gone and everything was black. I could still see ui parts but it looks awful and was kind of annoying.

Actually it looked like this Missing UI Border - Triggers - Development - SC2 Mapster Forums - SC2Mapster

17. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    Did you get the UI bug when you played the secret mission or just a different mission?
    Because if it's not the secret mission, then it usually happens if you played an arcade map that changes the UI and then plays a different map.

I'll change the loading screen tips, thanks for the tip.

18. Spellbound

Spellbound

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Pretty sure we hadn't played any other maps before playing the secret mission. The UI bug occured only on the secret mission.

19. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    I uploaded a new version of it today, hopefully it fixes the UI being removed on computer console 2.

20. Hartog

Hartog

Resources:
    Resources:
    Mhh that must indeed have been the issue as I had previously played Direct Strike and the bug hasn't happened since.

All the following stuff has happened when I've been playing as host with one friend. So i control 2 bases presumably player 1 and 3. And here is a list of the most serious bugs I've encountered. (not in order).

1. When getting the choice to play Breakout or Ghost of a chance, I couldn't start Breakout as I couldn't create a lobby for it. The create lobby button was out of focus with a tooltip of something like "gathering dependencies". A process that is never ending. So naturally I instead went with Ghost of a chance which worked fine but in the following missions I only got Dominion upgrades for Spectres and not Ghosts. I could also only build Spectres.

2. After completing Ghost of a chance I also received 20 extra minerals ie protoss research which is still sticking around.

3. A bug I've had is that I can get Hercules upgrades for credits even though I never picked Hercules as a research option.

4. When building a new mercenary camp in the new base in Maw of the void I couldn't hire any units out of it. The camp back in the first base still worked fine. Not sure what caused this. I've noticed that when selecting the merc camp the selection gets "moved" to a dummy I assume so perhaps something weird happened there. I believe new merc camps have worked on other maps.

5. After doing all the protoss missions and allocating all that juicy research gathered they weren't actually in the following numbered mission. They were present in the mission after that however.

6. I'll also second that during the Media Blitz mission when trying it alone I had control of 2 of the command centers during the initial Odin attack while only the third was controlled by the computer named Raynors Raiders. The one controlled by Raynors Raiders is the bottom left one if that matters.

Edit: 7. I could get some of the terrazine upgrades even if I didn't have enough terrazine. When hovering the mouse over the upgrade the terrazine cost was displayed but not in red it might have been something like 6 while I had 3 terrazine and when i clicked the button it disappeared and I went down to 0 terrazine. I hovered over some of the other researches where some would be non red so presumably I could click them though I didn't. Actually come to think of it this may have been due to using my allys terrazine as he had probably left at the time. It may also be the cause of seemingly getting 20 minerals (toss research) after the Ghost mission but here I'm not sure as I believe my ally also got those 20 minerals.

So far I've played and completed up until Engine of Destruction on brutal and I'm a huge fan of the regular WoL campaign which I've probably completed on brutal at least 30 times in various tech paths. So, some general thoughts on the additions. I like most of them especially the +15% attack speed from sensor towers it actually made me use them in campaign maps which is not something I considered before and they are quite helpful even without the attack speed bonus so I'd say a very nice upgrade.

The 30 shields points to all infantry is massively overpowered however. It might be okay if it's for a single infantry type except for marines but giving all infantry +30 shields is crazy. Compare in standard campaign where +10 hp for marine due to combat shields is a good upgrade. Now this one is 3 times that plus it's added to all infantry.

I would nerf this to a maximum of +10 shields which by the way also makes them immune while having shields to the Rip fields in Maw of the void which is kind of stupid lore wise but that may not be such a big concern. I could also accept something cute like giving only medics 30 shields or giving only all gas costing infantry 10 shields. Marines are already massively strong. Especially with the +20 cooldown attack that was very helpful in taking down higher armor units such as the battlecruisers in Engine of destruction making the initial Wraiths moot. I would increase the cooldown (double at least) of this ability and decrease the damage to maybe 15. Currently marines are beast units with more health than a standard WoL hydralisk and brings their initial damage burst to a quite a lot while costing only 50 minerals. I don't remember what the cost of the infantry shields research was but even if it's +10 shields to all infantry it should cost at least 4x the amount of credits of combat shields. Wait this upgrade may have been a protoss research at the automated refinery tier. Even so I would value that at what I've stated earlier.

The infantry also do not get the shield bubble effect when taking a hit which is fairly easy to add. Should be a quick google I remember doing it years ago but I'm not quite sure how to do it anymore it's been so long. Just some actor event modifications I think and maybe some shield radius type setting in maybe the model.

Now on the whole campaign structure. I know this might be annoying to change so it's not something I would consider super neccesary but.. The Protoss missions were always a nice break from the terran play. Having them all in a row is kind of purpose defeating. It also heavily buffs your research points so you go from not having that much research to suddenly being almost finished with all research. A massive power spike wherein you miss playing with a bit more moderate research. I would interlay these missions a bit more. Maybe one toss->terran->toss->terran and so on or toss->toss->terran->toss->terran->toss.

I am also not a fan of getting battlecruisers at mission 20 as they are quite powerful in the campaign and you can basically win the rest of the missions with battlecruisers. They are especially helpful in Engine of destruction. I would rather have it as the last mission before going to Char. Generally I would prefer an order of something like Haven->Engine of Destruction->Media Blitz->Supernova->Secret Mission->Maw of the void->Char. (Supernova was also very easy due to how much minerals and gas we could collect along with having super powerful marines with Siege breaker support.

Should all players always have a max of 200 population? When playing two players we together max out at 400 and I presume when there are 3 players we would max out at 600. Is this intended?

Last edited: May 3, 2018