• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Starcraft II Wings of Liberty - Coop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Starcraft II Wings of Liberty - Coop Beta

Did you like the campaign? Was it fun, did you wish you could play together with your friends? Or was it too easy, or too hard, or -insert reason here-.
Then these maps are for you! :)
Features:
  • 2-3 Players per map
  • Added Events and transmissions
  • 4 different difficulties (some maps have more)
  • More enemies and AI attacks to compensate for the additonal players
  • Credits and research moves accross maps
  • Comes with the Armory and Research console from the campaign
  • AI takes over if a player leaves.
Difficulties:
  • Casual: A walk in the park while eating a cake, enemies have 50% health, almost no attacks.
  • Normal: Still quite easy, a few more enemies added
  • Hard: The recommended difficulty, extra enemies and AI attacks
  • Brutal: More Brutal than the campaign, recommended for high skill players
  • Insane: Some maps come with this difficulty, it's like Brutal but with some restrictions

Current Maps:
(Ignore the null tooltips, they've been fixed).

Bild1.PNG

Three players are planning on taking down the Logistics Center in Mar Sara.
Bild2.jpg

Added Goliath on Hard and Brutal difficulty.
Bild4.jpg

Marines drop in with all colours.

Bild1.PNG

Who gets the gas and who goes berserk with the Marines?
Bild3.PNG

Heavily fortified Dominion base on Brutal difficulty.

Bild1.PNG

A calm breeze blows on the trio of friends..
Bild2.PNG

Before they are overrun by the Zerg. (Ignore the red Spine Crawler, screenie taken from editor).

Bild1.PNG

The Raynor's Raiders arrive with Dropships.
Bild3.PNG

Will you use the Bunkers, or do you trust your medics to keep your forces alive?

Map modified to PvP, with four players one controlling the Terrans, one controlling the Zerg and one or two players controlling the Protoss.

The Terrans and the Zerg have to race against each other to take the Artifact first, while the Protoss must defend for as long as they can.
Bild2.PNG

Zerg player in his base.
Bild5.PNG

It's a race against time.. Screenshot taken from Editor, that's why the Zealots look funny, that or my graphics card is melting.

I'm getting close to release these first maps, I just need to squeeze a few bugs, like Terrans spawning as Zerg and hook up the armory and the banks.
If you have any ideas on something that you wanted in a map, for example a darker story, please tell me :)
See you soon!

Last edited:
Level 3
I decided to visit the Sc2 section... did these ever get released? I did not see them on SC2 and I love the whole CoOp aspect of many games and what this offers seems kinda cool.. but it was posted several months ago

Is this still alive? I was amazed! There was actually people making coop for StarCraft 2 campaign! When is this gonna be released? Soon? Can't wait to play this with my buddy! A MILLION THANKS TO YOU for making this happening, I've so much fun with my pal in the WarCraft 3 Coop campaign maps, laughter, craziness you name it! Being able to play StarCraft 2 campaign with a friend is pure awesomeness.... wonder why Blizzard didn't implement it. :O

Level 25
I did continue with this for the expansion, but sadly ran into problems when the mod I used for it wiped most of the maps' triggers, kinda annoying.
I did play the third Zerg mission with my friends however in coop and it was really fun so if I get time during the summer I will probably try to recreate them.

Sorry for the necro, just had to give an answer :)

Level 25
Recreate them. Please-oh-please.
I have. :) I did what I promised myself not to do: Do a project at the side of school.

Currently I've changed the first 3 Lab maps and the following two maps at Kaldir. (The protoss expedition). Each player have their own hero with their own abilites (Kerrigan, Broken Horn, Dowadiru) and the difficulty of the computers and overall mission gameplay have been increased.
I'll post some more info when I get back to it, currently trying to focus on the University studies. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.