• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A Warcraft 3 campaign akin to Starcraft 2/ Co-op

Level 6
Hello!

I finished playing Starcraft 2 campaigns a few weeks ago. I was very impressed by the way they made them special which was, having a unit selection based on factions you meet and become allies with, as well as being able to permanently or just for a mission to upgrade units in a specific way. This feature added a lot of fun decisions for me which I really enjoyed.

The last few days I have been wondering if there is a campaign similar in style to Starcraft 2 campaigns on Hive workshop, that I could download and play.

I have also started playing Starcraft coop lately and in a similar fashion started wondering if something like that, in a similar fashion, has been made here. Warcraft even up until the events of Warcraft 3 is filled with so many characters that could be made as commanders and have different playstyles/ approaches. Same with the missions.
One mission I thought of could be You (with or without) an ally trying to stop a messenger being sent to the Lich King, or some other BIG BAD GUY from the story. Or having to repair and protect the observatories. Basically taking inspiration from Warcraft campaign missions.

Level 11
I have also started playing Starcraft coop lately and in a similar fashion started wondering if something like that, in a similar fashion, has been made here. Warcraft even up until the events of Warcraft 3 is filled with so many characters that could be made as commanders and have different playstyles/ approaches. Same with the missions.
One mission I thought of could be You (with or without) an ally trying to stop a messenger being sent to the Lich King, or some other BIG BAD GUY from the story. Or having to repair and protect the observatories. Basically taking inspiration from Warcraft campaign missions.
I've been wanting to do something like this in Warcraft for a very long time. A map with a lot of Factions you can choose from, and you control a Hero and a small group of units. I just can't figure out what the goal of the Map would be and who the enemy should be (if any) as I want to include Scourge, Burning Legion and Faceless...

It's constantly at the back of my mind and I just can't figure out how to do it...

Level 6
I've been wanting to do something like this in Warcraft for a very long time. A map with a lot of Factions you can choose from, and you control a Hero and a small group of units. I just can't figure out what the goal of the Map would be and who the enemy should be (if any) as I want to include Scourge, Burning Legion and Faceless...

It's constantly at the back of my mind and I just can't figure out how to do it...
Yeah, you need a story for that all to make sense.
Perhaps there already is some literature/media that could be adapted into a warcraft 3 campaign? There is nothing wrong with making an adaptation, as long as it is good and legal :D