• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Campaign- Warcraft 2: Tides of Darkness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
(I may do this if my current project fails due to terrain issues)

How would playing the entire Human campaign from Warcraft 2, in Warcraft 3, sound to you? That's what I'm proposing. My goal is to create a 3D replica of the WC2 Human Campaign. It will be almost identical (models would be the only difference) to it. The campaign will have the original music and unit sound sets from WC2, and to the best of my ability, unit models. It will be a nice reminder of what once was, and will take the player (for those who haven't played WC2) back in time and show them the battles that were fought, and how we ended up here (WC3)

If the Human campaign is successful, then I will create the Orc one.

I'm also debating a 5v5 or 6v6 WC2 themed map. The players would be spread all over the Eastern Kingdoms, and would wage war for total control. The players may ally themselves with whoever they choose (E.G. A human player can ally with an orc player) Orcs would get support (spawned units) every 3 minutes from their homeworld, while the Humans would get it from the Elves.

So, thoughts and comments?

*EDIT*

Will be releasing a 2 map demo of the campaign; keep an eye out for it.

Last edited:
Level 8
Anything is possible, use custom AI.

Sounds like an awesome project man I can't wait to see more done, If I ever stop working on my maps I would help you if you like. This is one of my dream projects.

Level 9
Well, the campaign will fail. As Blizzard AI cannot use naval transports.

I will make the naval portion of the game work. It'll be a bit hard, but it'll work. I'll even let you test it :D

The only problem I see with this game is oil. Now, the food slot could be converted into oil, but putting oil patches and then building on top of them, and then taking the oil back to the shipyard would be hard to do.

If I ever stop working on my maps I would help you if you like.

I wouldn't mind getting some help. PM me if you ever want to help.

Last edited:
Level 9
Update bump.

Demo will include the first two missions for the Humans and *may* include the Orcs. I may also add another map for fun.

If anyone can edit music files and decrease their size, can you PM me so I can e-mail them to you? I tried to upload a .zip of the files, but it won't upload for some reason. The mp3 files also pass the allowed max upload file size, so I can't upload it individually.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.