• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Starcraft II Retail Version - RELEASED

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol what's the problem with 60 euros???
They spent 100 million dollars and 10 years to make it and for such a good game, you won't be spending that much money?
Also it's the first of its release and the price will be reduced after 1-2 years.

Here is me and my friend's budget:

1347 dollars /month

Rent: 686 dollars
Food: 357 dollars
Broadband: 68 dollars
Electricity: 110 dollars
Loands/depts from school and other: 275 dollars
Ciggarettes: 82 dollars

I borrow money from my mom every month to get afford to even smoke

I can not afford this game even if it were 30-35 dollars, but I could borrow that money from my mom if the price were a bit lower, that's why I will wait til I can buy it cheaper on ebay.

But I will DOWNLOAD or COPY starcraft 2 from a friend that can make me a crack for it, to be able to play galaxy editor and hopefully play the campaign.
Dear science, I have so much copyrighted material you would gasp bigtime if you saw. Never paid for anything except this computer and blizzard games.
But this time the price of the game is to expenssive, so copyright foundation will hate me once again..

TKF

TKF

Level 19
gawd ReDbEaN87! Ur a broker! I can understand those who has shit economy that they cannot afforc sc2 in their current situation. But there is free guest pass keys that allows you do play sc2 for 7 hours.... When u register such a key you are allowed to download retail version of SC2 from blizzard without paying for it. That should grant u unlimited access of SC2 editor.

Everyone who gets SC2, gets 2 guest keys. Unfortunately I promised my 2 keys to my friends.

gawd ReDbEaN87! Ur a broker! I can understand those who has shit economy that they cannot afforc sc2 in their current situation. But there is free guest pass keys that allows you do play sc2 for 7 hours.... When u register such a key you are allowed to download retail version of SC2 from blizzard without paying for it. That should grant u unlimited access of SC2 editor.

Everyone who gets SC2, gets 2 guest keys. Unfortunately I promised my 2 keys to my friends.

Yeee life's tough and watnot :p

Free guest passes will probably be one thing I will look and ask for a lot in begining.
But hopefully my friend and his nerds can crack this baby so I can play campagin and use the editor, its not only for me; They want it and have no money aswell..

Eventually there will be some kind of crack/patch or similar that will allow us "brokers" to play the game.

I would totally pay for SC2 If I had money, as for other stuff aswell

TV license guy came and yelled at me yesterday, I slammed the door into his ugly face and said in nigger-style "I ain't payin for no tv I alredy bought! get yao ass outa heaa bifooo I kick yo ass!!!"

Stop smoking and spend the money on SC2?

(Yes, it's not hard if you really want to stop smoking, talking out of personal experience. You'll find that you have a lot more unnecessary cash all of a sudden.)

How original of you to tell me to stop smoking..

I have been smoking for 12 years now, I dont even remember the time I didn't smoke

Second of all, I just quit injecting amphetamine into my veins (8 weeks clean), think I might want to deal with that drug problem before I quit with everything and get a relapse
You need something to take when you dont take your drugs anymore..

Here is me and my friend's budget:

1347 dollars /month

Rent: 686 dollars
Food: 357 dollars
Broadband: 68 dollars
Electricity: 110 dollars
Loands/depts from school and other: 275 dollars
Ciggarettes: 82 dollars

you spend a lot of money on food :0 I only spend like... £250 every 10 weeks?

you spend a lot of money on food :0 I only spend like... £250 every 10 weeks?

We are 2 people on that amount and the food in Sweden is fucking expensive

And btw, you spend aprox as much as us /person

£250 = 10 weeks

£250/2 = 5 weeks ~ £125

£125 = 1 406 sek

We spend 1300 sek /person each month ~ 2600 sek total or 357 dollars or £231

Level 11
lol what's the problem with 60 euros???
They spent 100 million dollars and 10 years to make it and for such a good game, you won't be spending that much money?
Also it's the first of its release and the price will be reduced after 1-2 years.

Well 6 years not 10, (started 2003, delayed a year). Just because they put a lot of money into it doesn't mean its an amazing game. I played the beta. It diddn't captivate me. But I am fortuneit enough to have money to spare, and the galaxy editor intreagues me. I'm trying to give this game a chance to really win me over. I hope it does, otherwise I just wasted 60 bucks.

Level 34
Good thing we sold this game at work. I hear it was sold out other places, but I just picked it up on my break. Campaign is pretty solid. SC has never been my favorite game, but I'm going to enjoy the whole series I'm sure.

Now the main attraction; editor. I'm liking it overall with my first glance, however I can't figure out if there are palletes. Doesn't seem like it, which is bugging me. A lot.

Now the main attraction; editor. I'm liking it overall with my first glance, however I can't figure out if there are palletes. Doesn't seem like it, which is bugging me. A lot.

Guess Im not the only one then.. overall copy units (dublicate every skin and such?) and no palette is bugging me. A lot.

Srsly, I have no idea of whats happening when I copy a unit, sometimes it doesn't have a skin, and sometimes it does! XD

QUESTION: Can I play SC2 Campagins without internet connection?

Level 10
Not without cracking the game.

It came up on the SC2 public forums a while back. Blizzard replied with something like "well if the rare situation occurs in that your internet is down, I'm sure you will cope without SC2".

Level 18
What if you're in a no internet area, such as out at the cabin. There is no support for users who have the game but don't have internet? That seems pretty ridiculous considering it is $60 to buy the game. If you don't have internet and you buy Starcraft II what do you get? The editor and computer matches? That's pretty shitty. I remember being stuck playing the Warcraft III campaign because I was out at my cottage and did not have internet.

Level 10
Yep I remember playing through the whole half-life campaign over the two weeks after I'd moved into my current house, while waiting for my net to be hooked up. This of course started after frantically trying to find a wireless network to tap :p

Anyway, Blizzards excuse will be that they put "Broadband internet connection" in the system requirements for SC2.

Guess Im not the only one then.. overall copy units (dublicate every skin and such?) and no palette is bugging me. A lot.

Srsly, I have no idea of whats happening when I copy a unit, sometimes it doesn't have a skin, and sometimes it does! XD

QUESTION: Can I play SC2 Campagins without internet connection?
I believe you can. Just get dial up, authenticate your account, connect using sc2, and get off the internet. There IS a way to hack it though...... Without cracking.

Level 10
Can't wait for it to come through the mail :D. Of course Trolman has cursed it. But anyway the Problem I am thinking that alot of people have encountered is battle.net.

Level 19
in germany it's 39 euros (€) which is pretty cheap (usually a new game is like 60 €)
right now 1 € is like 1.3 $ so the game costs 50 $
but I had to pay 200 € for hardware to be able to play the game with 1920x1080 and ultra graphic settings (I hope it will work didn't try it yet because I had to reinstall everything because of hardware change and because that dude at my local store sold me a cpu which was not compatible with my motherboard so I hat to go again and get a new one which sux since my car stopped driving the same day so I had to take the train and wait 3 hours instead of driving for 20 minutes -.-)

Level 12
the campaign is playable in off-line, just use the ''play as guest'', it SHOULD work (i havent tried it much)

Level 12
Eh so I bought it, even though I didn't really like the first Starcraft. I want a refund. IMO the gameplay sucks, it's too overpriced and WTF I hate Terran.

Then again like I said I thought the first Starcraft sucked... atleast the graphics improved.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Eh so I bought it, even though I didn't really like the first Starcraft. I want a refund. IMO the gameplay sucks, it's too overpriced and WTF I hate Terran.

Then again like I said I thought the first Starcraft sucked... atleast the graphics improved.

I agree completely, the only good thing's that I care about in SC2 are the cinematic's from the campaign & the editor. =/

Level 22
I agree with Zombie.'s first post. You're all making a big deal about this, with this much mass hype the fucking servers are going to explode. I'll just stick to modding WC3 for a while besides that's all SC2 really is an upgraded World Editor. Besides they stole most of the gameplay mechanics from this game> http://www.dawnofwar2.com/us/agegate <If you look at the units and gameplay it begins to look like a bit of a bad Rip-Off.

I'll probably have the game within the next 6 months but that doesn't mean I'll have a computer that will run it xD.

Status
Not open for further replies.