1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Starcraft 2, Diablo 3 or Warcraft 4?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Gauntlet2021, May 18, 2006.

1. Ki

Ki

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Technically, any game with models is 3D. I guess Warcraft III is as well.

2. Daminon

Daminon

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ehm what other definiation would there be?

3. Ki

Ki

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I thought Ramza suggested that wc3 wasn't a 3D game. When he said that he never played 3D games, I thought he was referring to MMORPGs. He said the wc3 gameplay is so good, but then said he never plays 3D games. Did I misinterpret?

4. Ramza

Ramza

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    ok, wc3 has 3D models, but it hasnt got a real height, like buildings woith roofs, or under the ground isnt possible to, the units and doodads r the only 3D objects on the game, the rest 2D

5. DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Resources:
    Resources:
    Any real 3D strategic game?

Homeworld (the only game you really can call "3D")
    Warzone 2100
    Supreme Commander (release in 2007)
    Earth 2150/2160
    etc.

Although Supreme Commander is the only one you can call a strategic game, all in all WC3 and other games are tactic games (but that's another story).

6. Ramza

Ramza

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    ok, so there Are 3D strategic and tactical games (i never heard of those games, they look very nice :) ) ill explain different, i just like games from above, not third of first person or following one character

7. Daminon

Daminon

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ramza the roofs and such is not a requirement for something to be classified as 3d. Not is real use of height either. Those things aren't not a required to be used just becouse they are fully possible. It's just that Blizzard didn't want to have it in wc3. It's like saying that every projectile should be 3d-simulated (glory to Total Annihilation and Supreme Commander) just becouse it's possible with 3d. Take gryphos attacking each other for example, if a unit comes in the way it wont be hit unless the units are ordered to cancel their current attack and attack it instead. I wouldn't require big changes, but again Blizzard din't didn't find it neccesary.. Actually roof and house levels can be compared to that a units arm can sitck out from the body. See there is a height level between the ground and his arm so it's nothing but true 3d.

8. Ramza

Ramza

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    yes there is a height difference between the arms of units and the ground, but i mean, heights so u can walk underneath it. and heights are needed for 3D games cuz 3D without heights its 2D right? but yes i know wc3 is 3D, read my last topic and u c why i like wc3-like games more

9. Gauntlet2021

Gauntlet2021

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This whole debate depends on wiether you mean 3D graphics or 3D gameplay. :?

10. Daminon

Daminon

Resources:
    Resources:
    Perfect. :D

As long as there is 3d directoions to move in and every point requires 3 coordinates it's fully 3d.

11. aarkshark

aarkshark

Resources:
    Resources:
    3D RTS games do work out fine, if you dont believe me, go play Black & White 2, then come back and tell me that 3d RTS games are bad...

12. Chaosarmy

Chaosarmy

Resources:
    Resources:
    i'd have to go with Warcraft 4 because diablo isnt that great and i have never played starcraft... :( i shd. o well anyways.. warcraft 3 ended on a cliff hanger and i want to know what happens later in the campaign. Does anyone know if they are working on a war4 yet?

13. Daminon

Daminon

Resources:
    Resources:
    The most probable is that they are making Diablo III. I think there might even be profes these days. And after that they will probably make Wow 2, and then an expansion for it.

14. Ki

Ki

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I highly doubt it.

15. Emperor Ing

Emperor Ing

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I dont care, but even though i never played StarCraft, its about time that really old game got a sequel. :roll:

16. Gauntlet2021

Gauntlet2021

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Personally, i find Diablo 2 to be an excellent game, i might even say its the funnest ive ever played (not as long lived as WC3 though)

17. milcon

milcon

Resources:
    Resources:
    -.- its not that simple

For one thing, ive heard their bringing about a Diablo3, heres my source of this-
    http://www.maximumgamerz.com/forums/index.php?s=0a56d67a9662e60f93ecb487f800c507&showtopic=2916

For 2, it all depends. What does Starcraft have to go on? they could expand it so much with maybe new races, as far as i remember all the zergs are officially gone in Brood War so there'd have to be a new evil and maybe a few other races. Warcraft4? whadya mean by that? some people call WoW warcraft4
    Do you mean Warcraft4 as in another RTS or another MMORPG or soemthing other even! Diablo3, i seriously dun see how it could keep going on even though their making one supposedly( hey at least this link is more then a rumor, its a direct source, so use it as so or itll start getting passed around and changed.

18. Ki

Ki

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I'm suprised my mouse lasted through the demo.

19. Daminon

Daminon

Resources:
    Resources:
    Re: -.- its not that simple

Ehm check this forum about Stacraft II. And there is many things to continue on in Starcraft. And the zergs are not gone. It was they who were "victorious" in Brood War. What is gone is the UED fleet.

20. Daveman

Daveman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    No warcraft 4 needed, WoW is gonna be the last warcraft game i bet

D3 or sc22 would own