• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Spell] Spellbook (Destroyer Form)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I made this hero that carries a spell book. In the command panel the player can choose which chapter he wants to go to (Destruction Chapter, Healing Chapter, Back to Index and so on), the hero transforms into a different unit and more spells are available in the panel.

I used Destroyer Form for this.

The problem is that I'm unable to use multiple Destroyer Form abilities.

Well let me give an example:

I have abilities "Chapter 1" and "Chapter 2" in the same command panel. I press Chapter 1 and it works fine, the hero transforms into unit 1.

So Chapter 2 should transform the hero into unit 2

But if I press Chapter 2, Chapter 1 is activated instead and the hero transforms into unit 1.

I'm not entirely sure why it does that.

Level 14
Make sure you are not using the same base spell for chapter 1 and chapter 2. You will have to make them dummy spells and trigger the transformation

Last edited:
Level 3
Ooh, i've read it wrong also.

Mind that you cant have a unit morphing into x and y
and y morph into x or vice versa
you would need to back to the base unit, then morph to those

Level 24
As stated here before, you can use one dummy unit (can also be the base unit) and you can switch to the base unit and then to an alternative unit to save a lot of abilities.

Because lets say you have your base unit and 5 different forms, you would need "Number of different unit types * number of different unit types" (5 * 5) abilities. (25 in total.)
When using the base unit, you only need "Number of different unit types * 2" (5 * 2) which can save numberless abilities exponentially.

Also... "Hero Passive Transformation", can someone rename that?
1, It also works on non-heroes and it works between heroes and non-heroes as well.
2, It is not necessarily "Passive".
Instant Unit Transformation would fit better imo.
But ofcourse I come 5,5 years too late with that :D

Status
Not open for further replies.