• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hello ! I'm trying to make a morphing spell (something like druid of the talon's flying form).

the idea is that the first hero which has a set of abilities transforms into another hero with another set of abilities and then after a short time he turns back into the first hero with the original set of abilities.

i tried with avatar ability, didn't work, druid of the wild bear form ability, the unit would morph into the new one but no new abilities.

any ideas? thanks

Level 33
Try this;
  • Custom script: call UnitMakeAbilityPermanent(YourUnit, true, YourAbilityRawCode)
YourUnit is Unit variable
YourAbilityRawCode is Integer variable such as 'A000' to make raw code of this spell becomes permanent when morphing in-between units.

To check your spell raw code, simply go to Object Editor and press CTRL + D

Level 7
@mr beans - thanks for the metamorphosis suggestion, i tried it but i get the same problem. the 2nd unit has the same abilities as the first 1st unit, and I need the 2nd unit to have different abilities, and yes, I added the abilities to the 2nd unit.

@defskull - i tried that custom script, but it gave me an error and try to explain as simple as possible cuz i'm not so good with triggers

i gave you both rep for trying, any other ideas? :)

Level 7
rh2uz5.jpg

and can you explain what that script actually does?

Level 33
I. Can't. Load. The. Map. On. My. World. Editor. Why?
Perhaps different version ?
I'm using 1.24e currently, does 1.26 disable World Editor via 1.24e version ?

Otherwise, please someone help him, I believe Rose can help, because he knows that the unit is set to... nothing, lol.

Level 15
I. Can't. Load. The. Map. On. My. World. Editor. Why?
Perhaps different version ?
I'm using 1.24e currently, does 1.26 disable World Editor via 1.24e version ?

Otherwise, please someone help him, I believe Rose can help, because he knows that the unit is set to... nothing, lol.

I'm also using v1.24e but I can open the map just fine.

as i said, i'm not good at triggers / variables etc.

does anyone have any solution for this?

yes my war3 is 1.26a

A variable holds data depending on its type. You want your variable, Dark_Angel to be assigned to the unit that it is supposed to represent. I don't know the GUI action for it, but it should be at the very top of the actions list. Then it should allow the unit to have the metamorphosis whenever it morphs. Although this doesn't fix your problem. What do you gain by making metamorphosis permanent on your hero?

Level 7
it's not permanent, just he can switch from 1 form to the 2nd, 2nd form only lasts for about a minute and then he changes back (a simple metamorphosis spell) but while he's on the first form he has a set of abilities, and in the 2nd form another set of abilities.

Level 15
Well that is what the action does (albeit it is useless because the unit retains Metamorphosis either way). I guess you could just remove the ability of the first set and add the second when the transformation starts. Then do the opposite when the transformation ends.

Level 7
@defskull - np :) at least you tried

@xblackrose - and how should i do that?

something like event - a unit begins the effect of an ability condition ability is X replace spell with spell..?

but i need them to be like : in normal form i have my first skill at lvl 2 for example, then i want on the dark form the first skill to be lvl 2 as well...
how do i do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.