• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Help] Morphing Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hi ! I am currently working on a new project (i want to keep it secret at this time) , and i got some morphing problems. I use the ability of Druid of the Talon's Storm Crow Morphing spell (morph into another unit, and whenever you want morph back).

I just replaced the alternative form unit with my own, and the normal form unit with my own again. Changed names, things like that. And then when i head in-game and try to test it...BOOM...Fatal Error :cry:

any idea how to fix it? :cry: cuz i looked on the tutorial page and couldn't find anything related to this problem :cry:

Level 5
Does your model have the animation for the morph? The spell may be trying to play the units "morph" or "morph alternative" animation and if it is not present on the model it can crash. So change the animation use on the spell through object editor and try again.

Level 7
the model has morph and morph alternative animations.

and when i click on the spell, bam crash. :cry:

btw, does the model play a important roll in the morphing phase? could it be from the model? (even if it has morphing and morphing alternative?)

=EDIT=

i tryed with bear form (from druid of the claw), now it doesn't crash, but it instantly kills my unit instead. :cry:

Level 2
At the first u must made 2 heros/units than you give the two units/heros the morph abillity
and fix the morph ability.You only must put the correct models in the slot and than it is finish

Level 27
Some units has a Morph animation. On all other units, it will mostly look like its just standing there, and then BAM. Shapechange. Some comps cant take that, and it causes crashes. Sometimes the shapechage doesent even work, and only the unit stats are changed. (Thats the usual thing)

I actually reccomend just taking metamorphosis and editing it. A unit version of metamorphosis is a much more secure way to make morphs, since there is no crashes, and the model change is ensured to happen.

Level 7
nope, fatal error again :(. damn :(

PS: does any1 know the map called Uther's Party? If i remember right they had a mini-game where you need to morph into a crow/bear to escape from the abomination/gargoyle . Does any1 know how they made those morphing spells? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.