• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Two morphing abilities and their cooldowns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Alright, guys. I need some help relating to morphing abilities and their cooldowns. I have two morphing abilities, one based off of Bear Form and the other based off of Storm Crow Form (they both work fine on the same unit). My problem is that, let's say, I put a cooldown on the Bear Form to be 60 seconds, and put a cooldown on the Storm Crow Form to 10 seconds. When I use Bear Form, I morph, and the cooldown starts, after the cooldown is over, I morph back to my original form and then the 60 second cooldown starts again. I have noticed that if I go into the Storm Crow Form (which has a lower cooldown, at 10 seconds), and then when I morph back into my original form, the Bear Form cooldown resets. I have figured this to be very buggy because people could just use the Storm Crow Form to reset the cooldown of the Bear Form (glitching). Is there a way of solving this? If not, a way to balancing this as much as possible?

Level 2
I don't think this has to do with the base order id. It's just that when I use a morphing ability (Storm Crow Form) after using another morphing ability (Bear Form), it resets the cooldown of the first morphing ability I used (Bear Form).

NOTE: Not only does it reset the cooldown of another morphing ability, it could probably reset the other abilities of the original form (I haven't tried yet, but there could be a possibility).

And I might be thinking of not using this morphing ability anymore. It's causing too many problems ;[

Alright, guys. I need some help relating to morphing abilities and their cooldowns. I have two morphing abilities, one based off of Bear Form and the other based off of Storm Crow Form (they both work fine on the same unit). My problem is that, let's say, I put a cooldown on the Bear Form to be 60 seconds, and put a cooldown on the Storm Crow Form to 10 seconds. When I use Bear Form, I morph, and the cooldown starts, after the cooldown is over, I morph back to my original form and then the 60 second cooldown starts again. I have noticed that if I go into the Storm Crow Form (which has a lower cooldown, at 10 seconds), and then when I morph back into my original form, the Bear Form cooldown resets. I have figured this to be very buggy because people could just use the Storm Crow Form to reset the cooldown of the Bear Form (glitching). Is there a way of solving this? If not, a way to balancing this as much as possible?

hmm....... tried to set the dependency equivalents option in editor? like for a demon hunter and demon form.

Status
Not open for further replies.