• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bear form spell lose mana when morphing back to "normal form" unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Bear form spell lose mana when morphing back to "normal form" unit

Yes i used the nightelven "bear form" spell, to morph a shaman into a close combat shaman, however when morphing back from the close combat form to its original (normal) form, he looses all mana.

I don't know why this happens, nor how to fix it..
other than exchanging units prehaps, but that would mean i need to copy all items first and so on, kinda a bummer...

is there an easy fix?

Thanks in advance.

hdm

hdm

Level 9
Unit casts a skill

Abilities being cast = 2 bear form

Set mana to current mana of don't know which unit is leaking, this part you do

Level 8
well i did some testing, i can make a duplicate of bear-form spell, which works fine and even with other units, so luckly it isn`t hardcoded as i feared.

soo aparently it all works fine when i turn off this trigger...

well the trigger says, if the shaman changes to "close combat" form - give him the fire claws (orb of fire), and since they shouldn't be dropable, i changed the items to not beeing droppable, and as it seems the shaman needed the unit inventory level 2 (don't drop items on death) and get that extra free inventory slot, yeah he will always take the items with him, in that state... - i could live with that.

Anyway and when changing back to original form he loses fire claws and gains the Lightning claws (orb of lightning).

However apperently the switchero makes him loose his mana, when changing back from closed to ranged

so yeah... and if i remember correctly orb effect can't really be given to units right? i will try that again..

and replacing units will reset all cooldowns - also not a big fan of that..

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Ability being cast) Equal to Bear Form *Brawl Schamane
        • Then - Actions
          • Set TempUnit = (Casting unit)
          • Set tempPlayer = (Owner of TempUnit)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Unit-type of TempUnit) Equal to Shaman (Close Combat)
            • Then - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Current research level of Shaman Adept Training for tempPlayer) Greater than or equal to 1
                • Then - Actions
                  • Item - Remove (Item carried by TempUnit of type Fire Claws)
                    • If - Conditions
                      • (Current research level of Shaman Adept Training for tempPlayer) Equal to 1
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Unit - Increase level of Unit Inventory (Orc) for TempUnit
                    • Else - Actions
                  • Set TempPoint = (Position of TempUnit)
                  • Item - Create Lightning Claws at TempPoint
                  • Set DummyItem = (Last created item)
                  • Hero - Give DummyItem to TempUnit
                  • Set DummyItem = No item
                  • Custom script: call RemoveLocation( udg_TempPoint )
                • Else - Actions
            • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Unit-type of TempUnit) Equal to Shaman
                • Then - Actions
                  • Item - Remove (Item carried by TempUnit of type Lightning Claws)
                    • If - Conditions
                      • (Current research level of Shaman Adept Training for tempPlayer) Equal to 1
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Unit - Decrease level of Unit Inventory (Orc) for TempUnit
                    • Else - Actions
                    • If - Conditions
                      • (Current research level of Shaman Adept Training for tempPlayer) Greater than or equal to 2
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Set TempPoint = (Position of TempUnit)
                      • Item - Create Fire Claws at TempPoint
                      • Set DummyItem = (Last created item)
                      • Hero - Give DummyItem to TempUnit
                      • Set DummyItem = No item
                      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation( udg_TempPoint )
                    • Else - Actions
                • Else - Actions
          • Set TempUnit = No unit
          • Custom script: set udg_tempPlayer = null
        • Else - Actions
the thing with the can't be dropped:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...ventory-can-dropb-items-can-drop-item-243718/

Status
Not open for further replies.