• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Morphing Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I have an issue with morphing. In my map, the player choses its own abilities for its character by buying the abilities at a shop. But when i make a morph ability like bear form and give it to a unit, the unit loses the other abilities that it bought when using the bear form ability. And when going back to the original form the abilities are still gone, so you have to buy them all over again. Could anyone help me solve this? Thanks.

Level 8
Ok. I think i got it. if you're using triger like add ability to unit it should work. i tried like that some time ago. just create something to buy which when it's bought wont be in your anvertory (anywhere). then when your unit buys (Nothing) you should use triger add ability to unit... that would be it...
Give Credz

Level 3
You see that's not the problem. I already made the triggers which adds the abilities and such. But say that my hero has 2 abilities, one is critical strike and the other is bear form. When my hero uses the bearform ability, critical strike disappears. Even when going back to the hero form, critical strike is still missing.
I think the problem would be solved if i made the abilities under the skilltab for the heroes, but that would kinda ruin my map.

Level 19
Well, take my theory.
It works like metamorphosis :
You have the demon hunter which gets transformed into the 'demonic unit'.

But, the 'demonic unit' is a BRAND new unit. The problem is when you're using the bear form, it will actually create a new unit, and when transforming back you'll gain another new unit which only has the (basic) abilities given in the unit editor and not those which are trigger added.

How to fix?
Simple.

You need to create a trigger which remembers the spells they've (the players) chosen, and for each time they are transforming : add them again.

Spell levels increased?
Same system. You'll need triggers which remember the current level of the added spells.

I hope this helps.

Level 3
Yea i thought about that, but u gave me a new view of things, thanks. But one other thing though. The bear form spell is only resembled as one spell in the triggers, but it goes two ways (from hero to bear, and from bear to hero). So i wouldn't be able to make it so that the hero loses the abilities as bear but regains them when he goes back to hero? Or could i just make a metamorphosis based spell with a trigger that says that he will regain abilities when the effect is over.

Level 21
You can detect when the bear form ability is cast. Then, depending on the unit type of the caster (which is either elf form or bear form), you add or don't add the abilities.

For instance:
Events: a unit starts the effect of an ability
Conditions: type of triggering unit equal to Druid (night elf form)
Actions: Add all abilities

Level 3
I made it work now. But last thing tho. When i make the bear form ability purchaseable at a shop it doesnt work correctly. When the hero uses the bear form ability when it was purchased, he doesnt transform, the ability just disappears and the character seems to make a small lag. Could this be solved in any way?

Status
Not open for further replies.