• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell like immolation but slightly different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I need a ability that once activated causes units around that units to lose dmg per sec, it should be activated for like 20 sec but i don't want to have mana on my units. So i tried to use if with immolation and set duration to 20, made so the spell wont use any mana, but still nothing happens. The strange thing is taht i can see that the unit with the ability have the little icon that the ability is active and affecting the unit. what have i done wrong?

There should be no turn on/turn off ability, it should be activated, then go on for 20 sec then stop. then you got 40 sec c/d on it.

Level 18
base your spell on roar. Then remove everything roar does, just keep the dummy ability. Then:

Unit casts spell
= your spell based on roar
set a = casting unit
create immolation effect attached to the chest of a
turn on 2 and 3
wait 20 second
triger turn of 2 and 3
remove immolation effect
every 0.01second of game
region center region x to unit a / the region is small, when a unit is in that region it gets affected )

every second
damage units in region by 20
condition - foe of a

Level 6
base your spell on roar. Then remove everything roar does, just keep the dummy ability. Then:

Unit casts spell
= your spell based on roar
set a = casting unit
create immolation effect attached to the chest of a
turn on 2 and 3
wait 20 second
triger turn of 2 and 3
remove immolation effect
every 0.01second of game
region center region x to unit a / the region is small, when a unit is in that region it gets affected )

every second
damage units in region by 20
condition - foe of a

so i can't simply make it in object editor? Since i'm making a strategy map and you might have 20 or more of these units wont that be a problem?

Level 13
MUI means Multi Unit Instanceable, which means that different units can use it the same time

Edit: lol too late, but for your ability, use a dummy ability without any effect, then add permanent immolation to your unit and remove it after 20 seconds

• Event
    • Unit - a Unit starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
    • Ability being cast equal to dummy ability
  • Actions
    • Unit - add ability permanent immolation to tiggering Unit
    • Wait - wait 20 seconds
    • Unit - remove ability permanent immolation from tiggering Unit

Level 6
i can just make a spell like immolation, but without the flames then use that as the spell that is triggered? And how the hell do i make it mui xD?

Level 13
no, you use a spell like Roar or something like that, but without any effects, buffs and those things, this is the dummy spell. second you make a spell based on permanent immolation, with all the damage buffs and whatever you need. then you use the trigger above, its already MUI

add the tooltip of your spell and the icon you like to your dummy spell, so people know what it does

Level 12
One thing, you have all forgotten.
Simply base that spell on Lightning Shield, and make a few slight edits:
-Set the targets to 'Self' ONLY
-Set the casting time, range to 0.00
-Change the model used to Immolation
Very simple.

Level 6
woha! getting confused, and i already tried with lightning shield.
Basically i will have knights(on a horse) that should have a ability so you just ahve to press it once then it's activated, you wont see anything from the spell except a cloud or something above the units. The idea is that the horse kinda goes "enraged" and damages all units around it, both friendly and hostile. So if you are fighting a big army you just rush teh horses against the enemy, turn the ability on, and then you are damaging every1 around the horse. got it?

Lightning shield damages every1 around that unit, and like blooddancer said, you will have to press the ability then press on the horse. But since this is a strategy map and you might have 12 horses s you can't be arsed to target all of them.

i tried triggering it now, but i end up with 2 icons when i turned it on. What have i done wrong o_O?

Level 6
your permanent immolation spell should not have an icon, alternatively you can put it in a disabled spellbook

but the "roar" ability should have, but the roar should not have a buff instead the immolation should have a buff? or is the other way around?

Level 11
i have idea, you said you dont use mana for ur units, but you can use it as a cooldown and duration for this ability. Just give the units 20 mana and make this ability drain 1 mana per sec with no mana startup cost. Whatever you want the cooldown to be is based on ur units mana regen.

EDIT:
Actually lighning shield would be better. It is just target immolation, so the only thing is you woulld have to target yourself. Or you could maybe do a trigger to add perm imolation to casting unit then remove it after 20 seconds. Many ways to do this but idk what is easiest.

Lightning shield only works when somebody attacks the unit, right?
No. It works on any nearby units including allied, but you can change allowed targets

Level 6
i have idea, you said you dont use mana for ur units, but you can use it as a cooldown and duration for this ability. Just give the units 20 mana and make this ability drain 1 mana per sec with no mana startup cost. Whatever you want the cooldown to be is based on ur units mana regen.

well, they should not be able to be targeted by mage stuff and so on. They are pure strenght units, not magic units. if you get what i mean^^

Status
Not open for further replies.