• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Changing Immolation SFX With Custom Mdx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Well I modified the default immolation ability and buff settings to suit my spell which creates a SFX above the overhead of the unit. All works well but when I active the modified immolation spell, the Custom SFX Mdx appears overhead of the unit for approximately 4 seconds, then disappears even though the spell is activated and not even turned off. Im not sure exactly what is wrong, but perhaps someone knows what is causing this?

Where exactly am I supposed to put the mdx file? As Target, or special and attachment point as overhead?

Reward for fix: +Rep

Level 7
@D4RK_G4ND4LF, ah so just loop the Stand animation? Alright sounds easy, its a simple fix so uploading wont be necessary. If I ever need further assistance Ill upload the model here anyhow.

@Kala, no its not modeled into the model. How do I know this, well simple the model animation does nothing, absolutely nothing but stand there. It cant go into the model if it doesnt move. Also the model is attached to overhead so this should guarantee it not sinking downward.

+Rep to both

EDIT: Nope thats the the problem. The model is an omni-light mdx and only has a stand animation. I have already created it to have a looping stand animation initially, so this is not the problem... or at least i think its not.

Last edited:
Level 3
Remove the effect(set as none in gameplay constants in object editor)

-------------

Set MDX = units/blabla.mdx <---- model
Pick all units in [AOE OF IMOLATION ]

just make the way that if the picked units are enemy of immolation source, create and destroy MDX @ unit.

and lastly, enable/disable this trigger as the caster turn on/off the immolation

Status
Not open for further replies.