• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Space Orc Tribe Wars v(8)

What is this?
A third person shooter game with physics, explosions, missiles, rockets, plasmas, lazors, lots of blood and gore and a space cow. The video below explains all of the main features, so I don't think I should state them here.

Video:
(Because that's the onliest part of the description that really matters)

Screenshots:

climbing.jpg

What did you rip off?
SnaKy's Toy Soldiers and Warhammer 40,000. Oh yes.

Additional Information:
The onliest mode for now is Capture the Flag. You can type -help ingame to get a list of available commands. I really could've made more, but I decided it is better to restrict the user from getting his hands on the gravity, on the knockback power and so on. The map is NOT PROTECTED. Feel free to take anything out of it or modify it, but it will be good to warn me about it. Note: The physics engine used is not better than hindyhat's, so I do not suggest you to use it. Don't ask me why I didn't use his entity engine. To use AI ingame you have to use the commands -bluebot ID, or -redbot ID, adding computer players to the slots before starting the game doesn't affect anything. You can remove bots using the -kick command.

Game Data:

BTNSpaceOrcCommander3G.png

Warboss
Commander

Equipped with a hand-gun and a plasma shield device.

Weapon Name: Handshotta
Damage: 100 - 150
Attack Cooldown: 1.20 seconds
Shot Burst: 3
Shot AoE: ---
Movement Speed: 250

-=Skills=-
BTNNeutralManaShield.png

Power Shield
Activates a power shield which deflects all projectiles for 8 seconds.

Cooldown: 26 seconds

BTNFlare.png

Strike from the Skiez
Marks a target destination with a laser point where an artillery strike arrives after 5 seconds, consisting of 100 shells, each of them dealing 200 damage in 200 radius. The maximum offset from the target point is 800 radius.

Cooldown: 50 seconds

BTNSpaceOrcMarineVG.png

Nob
Grunt

Equipped with a regular bolter gun and grenades. Wears also power boots which allow him to travel at great speeds.

Weapon Name: Shottastick
Damage: 50 - 100
Attack Cooldown: 2.00 seconds
Shot Burst: 5

-=Skills=-
BTNBootsOfSpeed.png

Fastaaaa!
Increases movement speed 2 times for 6 seconds.

Cooldown: 30 seconds

BTNINV_Misc_Bomb_02.png

Boom!
Throws a frag grenade to a given direction. The grenade deals 500 damage upon explosion in 400 radius. The grenade will explode after 2 seconds.

Cooldown: 8 seconds

BTNHeroSpaceOrcSniperVG.png

Snaypaboy
Sniper

Equipped with a long-range highly accurate sniper rifle. Also has a laser which can be used to navigate nuclear missiles.

Weapon Name: Hed Splitta
Damage: 320 - 520
Attack Cooldown: 1.60 seconds
Shot Burst: 1
Movement Speed: 300

-=Skills=-
BTNReveal.png

Snaypa Scope
Allows you to look freely at the map, but you must stand still while active. In addition, it will increase your accuracy to it's maximum. However, this will not expand the view range.

Cooldown: 0 second

BTNAuraNuke.png

Big Boom Kabama
Marks a target destination with a laser point where a nuclear missile arrives in approximately 6 seconds. The missile will deal 1000 damage in 800 radius.

Cooldown: 65 seconds

BTNSpaceOrcAgent3G.png

Rokkitpak Gal
Elite

Equipped with dual sub-machine-guns. Carries a powerful jetpack, which allows her to jump in the air. Also can drop smoke bombs to vanish quickly from battle.

Weapon Name: Dual shotta
Damage: 120 - 160
Attack Cooldown: 1.60 seconds
Shot Burst: 4
Movement Speed: 350

-=Skills=-
BTNSmokeBombBLP.png

Fume Bomma
Drops a smoke bomb last for about 8 to 10 seconds and provides invisibility.

Cooldown: 30 seconds

BTNBreathOfFireNew.png

Powa Jetpak
Jumps in the air and then lands on the targeted location dealing 400 damage in 400 radius.

Cooldown: 12 seconds

BTNSpaceOrcShockTrooperVG.png

Plasma Nob
Heavy Support

Equipped with a heavy plasma gun. The gun can be also used to freeze an enemy in place or it can be overcharged to create a plasma explosion.

Weapon Name: Blasta
Damage: 160 - 220
Attack Cooldown: 1.50 seconds

-=Skills=-
BTNFrostBolt.png

Brrr... blasta go cold!
Shoots a freezing projectile which freezes an enemy in place for 2.0 second on impact.

Cooldown: 8 seconds

BTNBreathOfFrost.png

Ovapowa
Charges energy into the blaster for 1 second and then releases it all at the target location, causing 800 damage in 400 radius.

Cooldown: 6 seconds

BTNChaosSpaceOrc.png

Burna Boyz
Flamethrower

Equipped with a flamethrower. Also carries poison gas sacks.

Weapon Name: Faya Trowa
Damage: 60 - 80
Attack Cooldown: 2 seconds
Shot Burst: 10

-=Skills=-
BTNFireForTheCannon.png

Powa Faya
Improves accuracy greatly increases the flame speed 1.5x times.

Cooldown: 18 seconds

BTNPlagueCloud.png

Caugh Caugh Gahhh
Releases poisonous gasses in a field with 500 radius, which deal 50 damage per second and cause 50% slow and last 8 to 9 seconds.

Cooldown: 20 seconds

BTNHeroSpaceOrcEliteVG.png

Machinegunna
Machine-Gunner

Equipped with a heavy bolter gun, which can be switched to explosive rounds mode. Also carries a power sword.

Weapon Name: Mashingun
Damage: 50 - 90
Attack Cooldown: 1.80 seconds
Shot Burst: 8

-=Skills=-
BTNHumanArtilleryUpOne.png

Bam-Bam Bulletz
Switches to explosive rounds which deal 1.5x damage.

Cooldown: 18 seconds

BTNWhirlwind.png

Slashh!
Takes out his sword and spins in a circle, hitting everyone in 200 radius, dealing to them 800 damage.

Cooldown: 0.50 second

BTNSpaceOrcFieldMedicVG.png

Dokta
Field Medic

Equipped with a shock gun and shock grenades. Also carries a medic pack.

Weapon Name: Shokagun
Damage: 110 - 120
Attack Cooldown: 1.10 seconds

-=Skills=-
BTNHealingSpray.png

Heal 'em woundz!
Heals every second for 100 hitpoints.

Cooldown: 2 seconds

BTNOrbOfLightning.png

Shock Grenade
Throws a shock grenade to a given direction. The grenade deals 350 damage upon explosion and causes a 3.0 seconds stun in 500 radius. The grenade will explode after 2.0 seconds

Cooldown: 6 seconds

BTNSpaceOrcRocketHunterVG.png

Rokkit Nob
Rocketeer

Equipped with a rocket launcher, which can also serve as a mortar. Carries a pack of target beacons.

Weapon Name: Rokkit Launcha
Damage: 620 - 780
Shot AoE: 200

-=Skills=-
BTNOrbofSlowness.png

Shiny shiny
Throws a controller beacon which navigates your rockets, untill destroyed.

BTNWallOfFire.png

Destroy Dem All!
Fires a highly-explosive mortar which deals 800 damage in 500 range.

Cooldown: 25 seconds

BTNSpaceOrcSpecOpsVG.png

Spez Git
Special OPs

Equipped with a long-range highly accurate laser rifle. Also has a plasma-grenade thrower and a teleporting device.

Weapon Name: Lazor
Damage: 300 - 400
Attack Cooldown: 1.50 seconds
Movement Speed: 300

-=Skills=-
BTNUsedSoulGem.png

Warp
Teleports a short distance through the warp world. Each teleportation inflicts 45 to 90 damage to the body.

Cooldown: 2 seconds

BTNWispSplode.png

Plazma Bomma
Shoots a plasma bomb which deals 600 damage in 500 radius upon collision with anything.

BTNTaurenMarine.png

Cow
Space Tauren

Equipped with a powerful machine-gun with a mounted blade on it.

Weapon Name: Hevi Shoota
Damage: 50 - 80
Shot Burst: 10

-=Skills=-
BTNAncestralSpirit.png

Charge!
Charges towards a given direction for 1000 distance dealing 100 damage to anyone in the path.

BTNMaskOfDeath.png

Roar
Makes a powerful roar which deals 400 damage to enemies in 400 radius and heals 400 hitpoints to friends in 400 radius.

Cooldown: 16 seconds

Credits:
Original Idea - Hivoyer
Scripting - Me (Note: I'm Tri-Edge, I have proof if you want)
Terrain - Me
Blue Flag - Me
Space Ork Models/Icons - General Frank //The space ork tanks were too OP for the simplicity I wanted, maybe next time
Explosion Effects and Shells - WILL THE ALMIGHTY //Thank you so much for the hidden edition of your models
Tank Model - Infinitynexus //I hope you aren't angry with me for editting your model without permission, I had to make that turret mobile
Blood Spray - JetFangInferno
Water Bullet - sPy
Grey Smoke - Ergius
Grenade Icon - Unknown
Smoke Bomb Icon - Mc !
Jump Strike Icon - ChevronSeven
Background Music - Frank Klepacki //is that considered piracy? :D:D
Map Logo - Click Me
Extreme Testing and Game Data Export - supertoinkz
Extreme Testing and Brainstorming - Daredeamon

Changelog:

18.09.10 ... version (1)
  • WAAAAGHHHH!!!

19.09.10 ... version (2)
  • Fixed some terrain pathing in the water
  • Decreased Nob's sprinting time from 10.0 to 6.0 seconds
  • Decreased slow effect of the flag from 50% to 25%
  • Removed slow effect of Burnaboy's poison gas ability
  • Removed the bug in Burnaboy's poison gas ability, causing the game to crash
  • Fixed a problem with the gore system, that caused the engine flames to still appear when the Rokkitpak Gal gets blown to pieces
  • Improved description

19.09.10 ... version (3)
  • Added an arrow key camera control system
  • Added locust to the Circles of Power
  • Changed the bridges
  • Changes projectiles from 'Foot' to 'Amphibious'
  • Improved the blood and gore system
  • Improved AI, so bots don't get stuck
  • Improved AI, allowing it to use all classes
  • Set Physics engine timer delay to 0.02
  • Fixed the bleeding destructables bug
  • Fixed Rokkit Nob's tooltip
  • Fixed the player blue color bug
  • Fixed Snaypaboy's scope exploit

20.09.10 ... version (4)
  • Returned physics engine timer from 0.02 to 0.03
  • Fixed stuck SFX bug
  • Fixed killing spawn unit bug (should prevent bots from stopping to spawn)
  • Fixed Mashingunna's tooltip
  • Increased poison gasses cooldown from 12 to 20
  • Improved AI to use more skills
  • Improved AI, Rokkit Nob will not use target controller anymore
  • Removed destructable objects counter message

21.09.10 ... version (5)
  • Improved physics engine, you can now climb onto things :D
  • Improved AI to properly use Roar and Slash abilities
  • Improved Shooting system, now uses 'Point or Unit' for targetting (you can target flying players)
  • Made destructable objects unselectable

22.09.10 ... version (6)
  • Fixed a part in the gore system causing double freeing of objects (when the tank runs you over)
  • Fixed a bug disallowing you to stay over a moving tank
  • Fixed the Space Cow's Charge, now it will get cancelled upon death
  • Fixed scoring system to properly give Kill/Death points
  • Fixed a possible crash in the gore system, by disabling gore particles to get out of the map bounds
  • Modified the Space Cow's Charge, now it will end after a certein amount of time, instead of distance
  • Made destructable objects unselectable (for real this time xD)
  • Added explosive barrels
  • Changed default buttons' tooltips

23.09.10 ... version(7)
  • Fixed a bug, causing the Rokkitpak Gal, Mashingunna and the Space Cow, to not get damage from barrels when using their second abilities
  • Made explosive barrels unselectable
  • Added team kill message
  • Improved the flaming effects of the Powa Jetpak
  • Improved the specialized shooting ability of the Rokkitpak Gal to shoot at the same height, like all the other shoot abilities

25.09.10 ... version(8)
  • Fixed Rokkitpak Gal's tooltip
  • Fixed the tooltip of the Shock Grenade
  • Fixed ally/enemy states
  • Fixed the tooltip of Slash to display the right damage amount
  • Orkified the name of the Shock Grenade
  • Remade the poison gasses ability (fuck immolation)
  • Increased the range of Slash from 200 to 250
  • Added death match mode
  • Added mode picking before initialization
  • Made multiboards display total caps/kills/deaths per both teams
  • Added victory conditions
  • No more leveling up
  • Remade the healing spell

Keywords:
Star Wars, Jedi, Knight, Star Craft, Bob Marley, Space, Orcs, Orks, Dawn, Of, War, Warhammer, Uber, Super, Mega, Awesome, Third, Person, Shooter, Phys
Contents

Space Orc Tribe Wars v(8) (Map)

Reviews
14:56, 18th Sep 2010 ap0calypse: Approved Enjoyable CTF.
Level 8
I found one more bug D: When I was respawning, a Rokkit Nob killed my...class selection thingy, and it got tossed away, and had to re-choose tribe to select a class. But the map still pwns :D Oh, and sometimes (in the older versions, dunno if it still happens) bots don't respawn ._.

Level 8
This map looks awesome, i hope i can see it on battle net soon since i cant host :(
As supertoinkz said before, Explosive objects, for example barrel of gunpowder, when you shoot it it explode and damage all nearby enemies and knock them

Good luck!

Yes, i've been thinking about adding this even before the release, but I still can't find a suitable location for such on this map. Any ideas where I can put some?

I found one more bug D: When I was respawning, a Rokkit Nob killed my...class selection thingy, and it got tossed away, and had to re-choose tribe to select a class. But the map still pwns :D Oh, and sometimes (in the older versions, dunno if it still happens) bots don't respawn ._.

I think I know why the bots stop to spawn sometimes... :)))))))

EDIT: Updated. But I'm not really sure if I fixed the things I stated in the changelog xDD Anyways, this is what caught my eyes for now:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/space-troll-marine-48358/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/space-skeleton-warrior-119881/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/sheep-marine-160412/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/reborn-155994/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/gnoll-hunter-169353/

But then again, I'm not really sure how these fit a Space "ORK" map :|

Last edited:
Level 8
Updated!! :]]

A hidden feature that existed since this map was uploaded: Jumping using "(P)atrol".
Now it really has a purpose since the improved physics engine allows you to climb over things :]
I also made everything unselectable. And no, not locust, neither a deselect trigger. I created dummy collision shapes in all the models and imported them. xD

Level 4
hey can u change the filename everytime you update :D it helps out cuz if i host a new version with people who already have the same file im not sure if it will work or overwrite

Jump with Patrol? Interesting :D. Will test the new version :).

Also, the grenade icon is made by Blizzard.

BUG

Okay, I killed a Space Cow using Rokkit Nob and it exploded (the Cow). But, I saw the Charge sfx (the dust sfx of the ability Charge) moving towards me, therefore killing me (31 hp :p). I was like, omg, Ghost Cow.

CRASH

It crashed when I used the 2nd ability of Rokkit Nob (it isn't the first time I used, don't know what caused the CRASH).

Level 8
Jump with Patrol? Interesting :D. Will test the new version :).

Also, the grenade icon is made by Blizzard.

BUG

Okay, I killed a Space Cow using Rokkit Nob and it exploded (the Cow). But, I saw the Charge sfx (the dust sfx of the ability Charge) moving towards me, therefore killing me (31 hp :p). I was like, omg, Ghost Cow.

CRASH

It crashed when I used the 2nd ability of Rokkit Nob (it isn't the first time I used, don't know what caused the CRASH).

HAhahahahahahahah, I know why it crashes I think, there are still some "double free of type: object" :D Gonna fix those things today :)

Level 8
Ok, that's another update. Anyways, should I post a quick tutorial on how to make objects unselectable without locust (You can enumerate them with all enumerating functions and you can actually select them via triggers, and you can kill them, and see them on the minimap if you want), or is that too simple? I never posted any tutorials on hive, would be fun to do one, lol.

Something good you can add is a jump spell to every hero...
just an idea, btw, my game crashed with 7 bots after a wile.

Damn. There is a jumping ability tho. Press "R".

Hmm...are Rokkitpak Gals supposed not to be hurt when using Powah Jetpak on an explosive barrel? Noticed it while playing o_o

Thank you for spotting this one. Fixed it.

Level 11
Ok, that's another update. Anyways, should I post a quick tutorial on how to make objects unselectable without locust (You can enumerate them with all enumerating functions and you can actually select them via triggers, and you can kill them, and see them on the minimap if you want), or is that too simple? I never posted any tutorials on hive, would be fun to do one, lol.

Damn. There is a jumping ability tho. Press "R".

Thank you for spotting this one. Fixed it.

I can't play this one with the normal wc3, the new update.

Level 4
Warcraft tft v1.24e, and when i select v7 in the download folder, the player slots dont' load correctly. If i try to press start game, the thing feints transition into the loadscreen and just goes back to map selection.

Also, Rokkitpak Gal has some minor tooltip error.

Equipped with dual sub-machine-guns. Carries a powerful jetpack, which allows him to jump in the air. Also can drop smoke bombs to vanish quickly from battle.

should be

Equipped with dual sub-machine-guns. Carries a powerful jetpack, which allows her to jump in the air. Also can drop smoke bombs to vanish quickly from battle.

she is a girl right?

Level 8
Also, a suggestion for the Burna Boyz.

Why not, change the 2nd spell of the Burna Boyz? To something fiery? Like Firewall? :D
Also, an Engineer is a good class also.

-Change the Warboss' missile to something blue/teal
-Burna Boyz's portrait is still not changed :C

Hmm... yes, I was thinking for something to replace the crashing poison gasses ability. I'm gonna try and instead change the warboss muzzle to something red, cause I still think that the light-blue electrical missile suits the medic more.

Sorry, I won't change the portrait to the talking one, because I have no sounds to add to the model, and besides, it will be the onliest talking model :C

Anyways, thank you for spotting the tooltip error :D

Level 8
This map has many improvements ahead of it... But it
is already a VERY GOOD MAP nonetheless, so imagine what your map
would be in future updates...

This map could be awesome in future versions... I have some suggestions
which might improve this map hugely.

Patches and Fixes to be Patched and Fixed:
New Classes
Engineer
Uses a shotgun which has a very widespread shot, has a short range (bullets should fade out when they reach their max distance and then dissapear)
Shotgun deals a lot of individual bullet damage.

As first ability I think he should have repair (ofcourse).

As second ability he should have Build Turret. When this is clicked, the player can click either an anti-personell turret or an artillery turret. Only 1 turret per player, and they have same HP as normal units.

Artillery turrets can reach a distance of about 3 quarters of the map, they should take time for shells to fly to their target (with a huge arc of course... I mean, it's artillery right?). Upon impact all units in about a (small) 200 radius are hit for moderate to big damage. Manually activated.

Anti-Personel turrets are like vulcan mini-gun turrets. So they fire VERY VERY quickly, but individual bullet damage is very low. Automatically activated, but only aquires targets within 900 range or something.

Spec. Recon
Does not have a gun, but uses a very futuristic melee model. He slashes targets in front of him only when he uses his ability. (3 normal melee hits should about kill another unit.

First ability is Cloaking Device which allows him to turn invisible for 10 seconds. He doesn't go totally invisible to the other team, but they shouldn't be able to see him easily either. Like make him faintly faintly tainted red and give im like 95% transperancy. He also moves at 522 speed in this state.

Second Ability is blade dance at which he spins around with his blade dealing double his normal damage.
Old Classes
Mashingunna
Replace his Slash ability with like a 'Gluebom' (SemTex) ability or something, because it's really hard to actually slash people with that thing, besides it doesn't work with his other ability at all.
New Game Modes

Team Deathmatch
Players kill each other until a frag limit is reached. (NO FRIENDLY FIRE)

HARDCORE Team Deathmatch
Players kill each other until a frag limit is reached. (FRIENDLY FIRE ON)

CTF
Already there included.

HARDCORE CTF
Same as CTF but with Friendly Fire.

Zombies
Since sometimes PVP-style matches get boring, add a game mode like this... where players defend the middle part of the map (remove tanks), and zombies try to break through gates or something and you really have to work together to survive.
Bugs
  • Blood effects sometimes stay in some positions.
  • Medic can't heal anything or anyone, not even herself.
  • Sometimes you can't pick anymore, even though the respawn timer runs out. It just doesn't create a unitspawner anymore. (unitspawner being the thing that you pick your class from).
  • Unit spawner is vulnerable to AOE things like Gas attack and nuclear... So players can kill others even before they picked their class.
  • Sometimes the game crashes. One time I had to even press the restart button on my pc cuz it just completely froze.
  • Sometimes a bullet gets stuck and floats in mid-air for the whole game. and sometimes rockets fly in circles without there being a beacon.
  • AI doesn't spawn anymore sometimes, and I think it's because of the same reason why normal players can't pick anymore. The only way to get around that is by pressing the change team thing, and then clicking on your team again.
PLEASE FIX THIS, because this is probably about the BEST MAP along with DotA (in my opinion of course).

Everything was deduced from playing with 2 human players and different numbers of AI's.
+rep for this AWESOME map.

Level 8
Actually all those bugs you stated should be fixed in the latest version (check the changelog and the posts), if they still persist however, tell me please. Except the one with the medic, lol, I always forget to fix that healing, which is kind of useless I think. Maybe it will be useful in the zombie mode. Anyways, about the class ideas, there is already an engineer model made by General Frank, but the problem is, it doesn't have any weapons. Only a suitcase. I was thinking about including him in a special Base-Defense mode PvP mode or something. I don't know. I think it's kindoff strange to have him shoot spreading bullets from his suitcase? o_O

P.S. No update today, sorry, I kindof overplayed DoW2 CR, cause I finally managed to get it working and it turned out my video card is good xDDD Sry

Level 8
Actually all those bugs you stated should be fixed in the latest version (check the changelog and the posts), if they still persist however, tell me please. Except the one with the medic, lol, I always forget to fix that healing, which is kind of useless I think. Maybe it will be useful in the zombie mode. Anyways, about the class ideas, there is already an engineer model made by General Frank, but the problem is, it doesn't have any weapons. Only a suitcase. I was thinking about including him in a special Base-Defense mode PvP mode or something. I don't know. I think it's kindoff strange to have him shoot spreading bullets from his suitcase? o_O

P.S. No update today, sorry, I kindof overplayed DoW2 CR, cause I finally managed to get it working and it turned out my video card is good xDDD Sry

It's all good about the no-update thing... But I think healing wouldn't be useless... Especially in capture the flag.. Healing the flag carrier.. And teamdeathmatch.. If one more point is required for either team to win.. Won't it be good if you could heal a low HP teammate?

What do you think of my melee class suggestion though? I think it would be really cool (he has to be balanced though ofc.. Not really OP).

EDIT
Maybe ask a modeler if he can fix a shotgun to a space-orc model and give him some good anims?

Level 8
Yes, I saw one melee model in some of the old space orks of general frank, but he looked too OP (with a huge axe and red skin lolol). So yeah, I guess for now I will have to find me a modeler first. Anyways, it's good. Yeah, I was thinking about a melee hero at the beginning of the making of the map. Anyways, about the engineer, I'm not quite OK with your ideas, because all heroes match one important rule in their abilities: The first one must be tactical/single-target, the second one must be AoE. :) All your other ideas are pretty fine and I will probably follow them

EDIT: Just noticed, my map is downloaded :ctwist: 666 :ctwist: times hahahaha

Level 8
Yes, I saw one melee model in some of the old space orks of general frank, but he looked too OP (with a huge axe and red skin lolol). So yeah, I guess for now I will have to find me a modeler first. Anyways, it's good. Yeah, I was thinking about a melee hero at the beginning of the making of the map. Anyways, about the engineer, I'm not quite OK with your ideas, because all heroes match one important rule in their abilities: The first one must be tactical/single-target, the second one must be AoE. :) All your other ideas are pretty fine and I will probably follow them

Alright.. But isn't an artillery mortar/turret AOE? (jst scrap anti-personel then)
His 1st ability is tactical... Repair (repair a tank or his turret), and his second is AOE and kind of less OP than warboss's orbital strike thing..

I mean ofc the mortar thing would have a 10 second cooldown, and it would be kind of hard to actually hit enemies with it at long range unless you are really good at timing.. Because i would mean for the shell to take about as long as orbital strike to hit. So it wudn't in any way be OP at all and it would still follow your rules..

Smaller or maybe even medium AOE, has a 10 second cooldown which would be quite
annoying if you don't know how to use engineer, has low health for something that takes time to shoot... It should also die when the engineer dies, takes 6 seconds to arrive depending on distance I guess. This just adds that it's better for taking out campers, tanks standing in a good position, units hiding in other bunkers. And if you're skillful, use it for killing mobile units by perfectly timing ur shells.

But like it's all tactical gameplay.. For example I would most likely place that thing in a bunker and repair it if someone attempts to destroy it. And having a shotgun is works because the engineer would be in enclosed spaces and shorter ranges a lot.

But then again all of this is just a suggestion, and it would be cool.. But in the end ofc it's ur decision that will decide these things.

Level 8
You know, I was thinking about this mode that the first team has for example 1 minute to setup a base with engineers (turrets, walls, tactical cover, explosives, etc) and then transform into normal soldiers. After that the second team must assault them and breach their defenses.

Level 8
That would be cool :/ I guess...

Btw off-topic where did u learn ur scripting?

EDIT

Anyway I'm gonna look at this again tomorrow or a couple of days.. For now.. Just remember..
DIVERSITY
People like when you add things (but hate it when you remove good things), that's why DotA stays fun :D
So keep adding fun an balanced things and good luck.. I'll see if I decide to properly rate this map by then (depending ofc on changes which have either already been made or which will have officially been announced by then).

Level 9
"Thunda' 'Nade!"

That defense mode that Daredeamon suggested sounds pretty cool, and I think that idea of yours about the construction/assault mode also seems like a great idea. Fans of this genre would especially like the defense gametype, I'd have to say.

Level 9
But if you enter it and you fly up, thus holding you in the air, how would you just as easily jump right down... The main turn-off of that is the fact that we're playing as 'DE ORKS!" Such beings don't have quite the intelligence to do something like that, xD

Level 8
Updated. The update isn't finished. The Zombie mode isn't yet working and there are still minor things to polish out. The AI isn't working for DM yet. I think I shouldn't have even named this (8), maybe (7.5). Sorry, I ran out of time today, tommorow is a full free day for me I will finish this and add lots of new stuff :))

But if you enter it and you fly up, thus holding you in the air, how would you just as easily jump right down... The main turn-off of that is the fact that we're playing as 'DE ORKS!" Such beings don't have quite the intelligence to do something like that, xD

I got an idea for a spell, how about a huge gravity field? like when you enter it you will fly up in the air untill you exit it, you will fall to the ground again.

Here is a nice model for it http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/orb03-49417/?prev=search=field&d=list&r=20 :p

I was wondering about a gravity hole ability of some sort, but I still don't know how to implement that into the game play. It surelly won't be an ability of a hero :S

Level 4
Suggestion: Make it so that wooden barrels/crates randomly drop health packs that are like runes that heal the person who picks it up

Level 4
And gravity granade!

Btw, the v9 is kinda bugged with -zm mode and the bots just stand in the start like there was no enemys.

^already explained by elfian. Read his posts. If you can't find the post that explains this, i guess i have to specify that it was his latest post, which is on this page.

Making the gravity thing a grenade you get from barrels is a great idea

Last edited: