• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sound Help -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Lol i heard that that sounds are leaking and if i try to fix the leak like this
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing s as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set SOUND[1] = VarimathrasReady101 <gen>
      • Sound - Play SOUND[1]
      • Sound - Destroy SOUND[1]
The sounds will never be played because its destroyed in the same time:hohum:
Do sounds really leak?

Level 9
how about inserting a "Wait - X Seconds" after
  • Sound - Play SOUND[1]
I think you know what the Value of X sould be :)

Level 13
how about inserting a "Wait - X Seconds" after
  • Sound - Play SOUND[1]
I think you know what the Value of X sould be :)
It is bad if you play the sound more than one time in that X seconds,anyway it destroys the sound complitely and you cannot play it again.

I heard that the sounds you create in sound editor dont´t leak and i saw in one map that they just set varables to sounds (SOUND[1] = some sound) and they play the sound variable and they don´t remove it,didn´t see any maga lags in that game.... (Vampirism Fire 1.19 E)

Level 13
Try go into sound editor. There you find the sound you want to use. Right click the sound and choose "use as sound". This should work. If it doesent then make a variable with the sound and call it what you will. Now make this trigger.

• Actions
    • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from (Last created unit) named Antonidas: Play Archmage and display Fine.... Modify duration: Add 0.00 seconds and Wait

I just used Last created unit here. Use you're variable for the unit instead. Play "archmage" is just what i called my variable for the sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.