• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Soccer Arena

Welcome to Soccer Arena

v1.32
Minimap.jpg
Overview.jpg

When you start "Soccer Arena" you will be shown 5 dialogues:
  1. "Game Mode": you are asked to select game mode, there are three different game modes.
    • Normal - Play with 100 food and a hero, hero level caped at 10/12. After each match you will be able to choose a new arena, race and ball. (endless)
    • Tournament - Play with 100 food and a hero, hero level caped at 10/12. Only winners will be able to choose a new arena, race and ball after each match. The others become spectators. The four player field will be disabled.
    • Hero Only - Play with a hero caped at 25. After each match you will be able to choose a new arena, race and ball. (endless)
  2. "Gul'dan's difficulty": Computer (player 11) will fill a spot if there is an uneven player. difficulty is average of the votes.
  3. "Special Events": are you positive or negative to have special events.
  4. "Winning Conditions": Select type of condition that you wish to be fulfilled to win (Times or Goals).
  5. "Times/Goals": Depending on previous dialogue, you will be asked to select a value of the wished winning condition type.

When you have selected field, race and ball, you are placed on a battle field. there you will have access to two unit producing buildings and a hero shrine.
It will show up somewhere near your goal, being invulnerable, unable to move and attack.
every 30 seconds units will be released. Making them vulnerable, able to move and attack.
HINT:Released units will start to move to the rally point, set the rally point to the opponent's goal.

Your hero shrine will be destroyed after the training, but if you still isn't satisfied with your choice, you can always use -repick. which remove your hero and create a new hero shrine.

From start you have 45 seconds to train your hero and army, after that the goal will open and you can start to attack the ball. Remember that when a unit fall in battle, you need to train a new (manually). this is a distracting task meant to take your eyes of the battle.
HINT:bind the two unit producing buildings to e.g. 1 and 2, then you can have visual over the battle while training new units.
When you score a goal, all units will be removed. and you will only have your hero left. you will also be given 1 wood. Then you have 25 seconds to train a new army. Don't forget to use the wood to purchase powerful items or upgrades.
The game continue until the specified winning condition is fulfilled. then you will both become spectators, able to watch the other players finish their games. -swapview to view the four player arena or back again. then all players finish their games, the field, race and ball selection will restart. allowing you to face other opponents.

For the moment there is only five races.
  1. Human
  2. Orc
  3. Undead
  4. Night Elfs
  5. Naga, have additional custom units
And of cause Gul'dan's fel orc army, but you can't choose it.

The typical two player field
Soccer%20Arena%202p.jpg

You start at one side (left or right) and the ball starts in the middle.
When you hit the ball it begins to move to your opponent's goal.
If more than two players select a field, two players will randomly be picked and placed on the field, the others will be placed out on the other fields.

The four player field
Soccer%20Arena%204p.jpg

You start in a corner and the ball starts in the middle.
When you hit the ball it begins to move to your goal.
If not at least four players select this field, you will be placed out on the other fields.

Some fields have special events:
  • The Grass field has abnormal forest growth.
  • The Dirt field is exposed to dust devils, tossing units into the air.
  • The Ice field is sometimes exposed to blizzard.
  • The City field is twisted and it has a defence system.
  • The Fire field is constantly burning and has a one time event.
  • The Water field is covered in fog from time to time.

Thanks to:
- Misha from Hiveworkshop for the Tidal Lord (ChaosTheNaga) model.
- tee.dubs from Hiveworkshop for the Soccer Ball model.
- MoonBlaze from Battle.net for help with the Sea Spirits attack.
- Lag_Reviews from Hiveworkshop for plenty of ideas.
Also given ingame (F9)

2010-03-23
Fix
  • Removed a test ability from footman.
2010-03-22
Fix
  • Dragon Turtles can attack trees.
  • Fel Orc Grunts can attack trees.
2010-03-21
New
  • Mercenaries.
  • Special event on the grass map.
Fix
  • Sheep movement point secured.
2010-01-23
New
  • City Defence now works on Hero-Only
  • Special Event on Water field
  • Special Event on Dirt field
  • A potion & item shop
  • Orb of Summoning (item)
  • Scroll of Cooldown (item)
Fix
  • Dominate can no longer target spectators
  • Naga Royal Guard food cost down to 8 from 9
2010-01-18
New
  • Special Events can be turned on/off.
  • Dragon Turtles attack on the ball now does splash.
  • In Hero-Only you now gain gold when you have buffer.
Fix
  • Couatl damage down to 12 from 40.
  • Sea Giant food cost down to 4 from 6.
  • Food +20, do only give to buyer now, not to everyone.
  • Dragon Turtle can now attack the ball.
  • Sea Spirit now gets a Orb in Hero-Only instead of +2 food.
  • Demonform no longer costs food and give proper bounty.
  • Sea Spirit can now attack structures.
  • Main Attribute Gain CD up to 1min form 30sec.
  • In Hero Only is Sleep greatly reduced.
2010-01-14
Fixed so the Sea Spirit can't Dominate the ball

2010-01-14
Uploaded

Keywords:
soccer, arena, sheep, Tournament, FFA, Gul'dan, minigame,
Contents

Soccer Arena (Map)

Reviews
15:21, 13th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
Level 4
Ehh, just to be sure: can your Sheep Soccer get rejected, since this looks a lot better and still with the same idea, or are they 2 completely seperated maps?
(I believe that only this map needs to be here, but I didn't play the maps...).

well, the other map is quick game, there you just need two players.
this map however is supposed to involve more players.

I'm planing on introducing new material into the Sheep Soccer, check if people like it, then add it to this map. I would say that there is, and going to be a distinct difference.

one direct visible difference is that this can have more races (and will have)
but the other one is faster, then you don't need to select Arena, Race, Ball ingame.

thou it's up to you (the moderators) to decide it.

Sheep Soccer is now deleted

Last edited:
Level 7
OMG you have done it!!!

OMG Jim you have finally released the new map you have been working on for ages.

I just love the description and screen-shots soo much that I just have to download it and of course sheep soccer was an awesome map too :p

The Review:

Note: I PLayed easy, normal mode with goals on the water field and as Naga with a chicken soccer ball. I also chose the Sea Spirit hero.

You could choose your team
  • You could choose the field
  • You could choose the ball (Some nice balls there aswell)
  • Good AI
  • No bugs or glitches, that I saw
  • Everything worked

• Some units couldn't attack air? (Correct me if I am wrong) if that is the case all you needed to do was spam air to win
  • The Naga Sea Spirit hero could only attack with magic so it could not hit the ball, How many other heroes are like this and was it intentional for heroes not to be able to attack the ball?

• Maybe a potion/item store for heroes, so they could heal up.

An Idea:
Maybe you could add random events, which their could be a vote system if they are on or not.

Some random events could be:
  • Acid rain (Hurts everyone on field)
  • Fog (Makes the screen turn Grey and the ball hard to see
  • Wind (Slows all units down and speeds up the ball for the team the wind is blowing)
  • Snow (Freezes the heroes/ball)
  • Earthquake (Damages everyone on field and cracks the screen for a few seconds making it hard to see the ball)

All these random events would each be an affect by itself ( Say acid rain event is on, you would see yellow or green rain falling on the field.) Random events would happen every 2-3minutes.

*Random Events are just an idea to make your average soccer game look so much better than all the other warcraft soccer maps.*

• The models of the ball
  • The terrain done almost perfectly
  • The goal system/goal keeper awesomely done
  • The whole game-play system is done well
  • Love the loading screen

Awesome map,
Lag_Reviews

PS: Keep up the 100% awesome work :D

Last edited:
Level 4
Note: this quote has been slightly modified to be able to keep track on which points I am answering/JimStenberg

1. Some units couldn't attack air? (Correct me if I am wrong) if that is the case all you needed to do was spam air to win.
  2. The Naga Sea Spirit hero could only attack with magic so it could not hit the ball, How many other heroes are like this and was it intentional for heroes not to be able to attack the ball?

Stuff you could add to improve your map:
  3. Maybe a potion/item store for heroes, so they could heal up.

4. An Idea:
    Maybe you could add random events, which their could be a vote system if they are on or not.
  5. Some random events could be:
    • Acid rain (Hurts everyone on field)
    • Fog (Makes the screen turn Grey and the ball hard to see
    • Wind (Slows all units down and speeds up the ball for the team the wind is blowing)
    • Snow (Freezes the heroes/ball)
    • Earthquake (Damages everyone on field and cracks the screen for a few seconds making it hard to see the ball)
  6. All these random events would each be an affect by itself ( Say acid rain event is on, you would see yellow or green rain falling on the field.) Random events would happen every 2-3minutes.

I love to get reviews from you, so much concrete points. :grin:
  1. I have noticed that Gul'dan's army are to weak versus air too. they will have an improvement. but all the normal races have units that can attack air.
  2. The Naga Sea Spirit is the only one who attack with magic, and she is supposed to not be able to attack the ball, she even gets 2 food when playing Hero-Only mode.
  3. A potion vendor could be very useful, I kinda forgot to add such a thing (the idea had cross my mind). it is coming
  4. hehe, I do actually have special events already, but only on certain maps and players are unable could turn them on/off. this will be changed thanks to you.
  5. I like all of those random events, probably all will be added.
  6. all random events is and will be an effect by itself.

ADDING "Lag_Reviews" to Credits on the next update!

Last edited:
Level 7
I love to get reviews from you, so much concrete points. :grin:
  1. I have noticed that Gul'dan's army are to weak versus air too. they will have an improvement. but all the normal races have units that can attack air.
  2. The Naga Sea Spirit is the only one who attack with magic, and she is supposed to not be able to attack the ball, she even gets 2 food when playing Hero-Only mode.
  3. A potion vendor could be very useful, I kinda forgot to add such a thing (the idea had cross my mind). it is coming
  4. hehe, I do actually have special events already, but only on certain maps and players are unable could turn them on/off. this will be changed thanks to you.
  5. I like all of those random events, probably all will be added.
  6. all random events is and will be an effect by itself.

ADDING "Lag_Reviews" to Credits on the next update!

Omg, Thanking for liking my review and ideas, it is much appreciated. Also thank-you for adding me to the credits it is such a pleasure to be able to help you with such a brilliant map.

Good to see you are adding special events, I didn't notice too many in the game. Although with fields like the fire one, how come there are attack-able units on the sideline? like fire spawners or whatever they were called?

Awesome map and I can't wait for the update,
Lag_Reviews

PS: My friend says this map fails and it is a 30second map that you put together in seconds :mad:

Level 7
Good to see you updated

They are spectators and only there to add some visual. (some starts events then killed)

makes me said, but everyone can't like it..

Good to see you updated this. Thank-you for adding me to the credits and adding random events.

I see you have made alot of fixes :p It is good to see that you are constantly checking for bugs and updating, such dedication makes me proud.

Keep up the good work and thank-you for everything,
Lag_Reviews

PS: Testing new version now :D

Level 4
I found a spelling error on the loading screen, it says Meteorite Stirke instead of Meteorite Strike. I dont get how your meant to beat that guldan guy in hero mode either hes just to strong : /

All right... I'm going to correct the spelling error, but I leave Gul'dan as he is in hero-only, I can beat him...not on insane but on the rest. Just let him get some buffer => you get xp and then you push him back. with such speed that he can't stop it. or you let him win first. then you make sure you win the second. That results in that you have 1 wood, which will make you own the rest of the battle. Though the selection of your hero is very vital, use one you are really good with.

Last edited:
Level 3
heres a comment the ball ran out and i cant find it lol + the field kinda weird its zig zag so its kinda hard to control the ball thus my ball flyout

Level 4
heres a comment the ball ran out and i cant find it lol + the field kinda weird its zig zag so its kinda hard to control the ball thus my ball flyout

The ball can't be controlled cause it SHOULD follow orders where to move, this must be a glitch. I assume you talk about the "City field" then you say "zig zag".

A little information would be very good, like:
  • Was it the first field you played on?
  • Did it occur at first attack?
  • Was it the left or right attacker who attacked it then it glitched?