• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Football/Soccer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Although I dont watch em. Too much falling over and crying...

I love football, soccer or whatever you want to call it. I'm in the US, so I guess I should go with soccer. Anyway...

The simulation is getting ridiculous - it's impacting tactics, it's impacting the outcomes of games, and it's impacting how youth players approach the game. I think FIFA and the individual leagues all need to take a page out of the american football playbook and start reviewing tape. If they find that a player dove, fine them a game's pay. If it draws a PK, hit them with a suspension. There's simply no deterrent in maybe getting a caution in the off chance that the referee catches you.

Level 14
I love football, soccer or whatever you want to call it. I'm in the US, so I guess I should go with soccer. Anyway...

The simulation is getting ridiculous - it's impacting tactics, it's impacting the outcomes of games, and it's impacting how youth players approach the game. I think FIFA and the individual leagues all need to take a page out of the american football playbook and start reviewing tape. If they find that a player dove, fine them a game's pay. If it draws a PK, hit them with a suspension. There's simply no deterrent in maybe getting a caution in the off chance that the referee catches you.

I somewhat agree with you. However, I play soccer, albeit youth soccer, but I play rough and enjoy playing that way. Being a center defenseman I find great enjoyment in either legitamately pushing another player off the ball, hopefully resulting in them hitting the ground, hard. And knowingthat they're trying to get a call by intentional diving makes it so much more enjoyable for me. NOT in a fulfilling way of, "Oh look at me I'm bigger and stronger than you are and I can kick your ass off the ball." but more of a, "Oh look, you fell, I'll give you that one, but you're still a pussy."

With that said, I myself do occasionally dive, especially if I believe the game is being called unfairly, usually me getting the sharp end of the blade.

So yes, I play/watch/live soccer.

Level 5
I somewhat agree with you. However, I play soccer, albeit youth soccer, but I play rough and enjoy playing that way. Being a center defenseman I find great enjoyment in either legitamately pushing another player off the ball, hopefully resulting in them hitting the ground, hard. And knowingthat they're trying to get a call by intentional diving makes it so much more enjoyable for me. NOT in a fulfilling way of, "Oh look at me I'm bigger and stronger than you are and I can kick your ass off the ball." but more of a, "Oh look, you fell, I'll give you that one, but you're still a pussy."

Hahaha I play too but I take the diving a little differently. Players that dive piss me off to no end. After a couple of times winning the ball cleanly and getting called after the guy goes down clutching a random body part, I kind of want to stomp on his face.

I bet a third if not more of my cautions come from people pulling that crap. I hate having to think to myself, "oh, this is #8, I probably shouldn't go in as hard since this little bitch drops as soon as he's touched and I'm carrying a yellow/close to my goal/whatever."

And I know what you mean... I've done it when the ref was just atrocious and everybody is doing it, but I have to say it made me feel dirty afterward. Dirty like waking up to a whiskey hangover and a girl in your bed who was much better looking 12 hours earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.