• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

So much un-english

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
Just so you know, I never misunderstood it. I just stated another interpretation of it that I also came up with because I felt like it and it could be interpreted that way.
No, it couldn't. I gave a brief example before.
MySpaceBarBroke said:
"I like to eat bacon and ham for breakfast."
"Oh, so how much bacon you eat determines how much ham you eat?"
Secondly, you're technically saying that you flame anyone who uses poor English and is trying to say something smart. The "and" doesn't matter. The word "and" combines the two making them one statement, not independent (two statements)
OH COME ON! "Joe and Bob" means two different people. "using poor English and pretending to be smart" means two different actions. GET IT STRAIGHT.
BRAVO! You finally got it.
Indeed he did. It means you're bullshitting yourself.
But, you're also wrong in two ways.
For one, you doubted the last one on your list of reasons
That's opiniated out of him because he thought you knew better than to be stupid enough to purposely instigate fights.
Two would be the fact that you said "in hopes of trying to start an argument"
I knew it would start an argument, there's no hope in it at all.
Why? IDK! Nothing else to do (and I always start arguments)
Ok, "mastermind", but it's still "in hopes of". Why? Because nothing in the world is certain. Not even your prideful self.
I am a troll, but I don't really flame. If you watched what happens in the chatroom every once in awhile you'd know I am one :grin:
I wasn't aware that was something to be proud of.

Level 7
List of my thoughts on this entire thread and the whole thing of the English language.
  • English is hard to use properly
  • English is hard to learn
  • Online translators are NOT good. They only give brief idea's of the sentence.
  • The use of punctuation, grammar, and spelling is pointless (in my opinion)
  • The use of abbreviations is needed for gaming
  • The use of abbreviations is needed for forums (if allowed)
  • If the language rules on the forum were that harsh, they would specify that you NEED TO BE RIGHT.
  • Minor/inconsistent problems should not be seen upon as "lack of intelligence/laziness"
  • The purpose of this thread is lacking and seen to be flaming those who flame others with poor English abilities.
  • Rules to keep a forum English-only is said by the administrator
If you have issues with any of the major spelling of the words, here are definitions to thwart off anyone with problems of the spelling/grammar (as said by Google). I took time to type all of this out.My idea on this thread is to close it. Get on with life. And if the administrator wished for rules on the grammar and spelling to be perfect the rules would have been set when the forum started or added later on. In which i see this to not be the case. The very fabric of this post to start a flame war between those who have English problems such as; spelling, grammar, word usage, abbreviations, etc. The posts i have read (which is all of them) seem to help feed the fire of this thread's true purpose. That purpose being what i stated, to start a flame war between those who have English problems such as; spelling, grammar, word usage, abbreviations, etc.

Edit: Fixed a minor spelling mistake i noticed after i reviewed and posted. It appears i missed that minor problem, but seen and fixed now.

Level 21
OH COME ON! "Joe and Bob" means two different people. "using poor English and pretending to be smart" means two different actions. GET IT STRAIGHT.

Joe and Bob are both morrons. That's one statement, not two. The nouns are separate, but the description goes for both of them.

"¡rawr i ar teh Ephy Flamer!™"

Here's a little example

That could be interpreted as two things.
1. Him saying that he flames at people
2. Him saying that he's a flamboyant homosexual

That basically closes the argument MyspaceBarBroke. You just have to think

That's a totally different thing and using it as an example proves nothing at all

"I am smart but know little English"
"Oh, so how much English you know determines how smart you are?"
"Oh, so how much English you know determines how stupid you are?"

They don't fit at all

Level 26
Joe and Bob are both morrons. That's one statement, not two. The nouns are separate, but the description goes for both of them.
Thank you for disproving your own argument.
"¡rawr i ar teh Ephy Flamer!™"

Here's a little example

That could be interpreted as two things.
1. Him saying that he flames at people
2. Him saying that he's a flamboyant homosexual
That statement went nowhere at all.
That basically closes the argument MyspaceBarBroke. You just have to think

That's a totally different thing and using it as an example proves nothing at all

"I am smart but know little English"
"Oh, so how much English you know determines how smart you are?"
"Oh, so how much English you know determines how stupid you are?"

They don't fit at all
Yes, so why did you interpret it that way? I can't tell whether you're arguing against yourself, or using some bizarre, hypocritical, ironic straw man argument.
List of my thoughts on this entire thread and the whole thing of the English language.
  • English is hard to use properly
  • English is hard to learn

• Most of those with bad English are already fluent in English and are only
    misspelling and being bad with punctuation due to laziness and that alone.
    [*]Online translators are NOT good. They only give brief idea's of the sentence.
    Don't see where the hell that sentence is going.
    [*]The use of punctuation, grammar, and spelling is pointless (in my opinion)
    Intelligent discussion takes not making yourself look like a two year old.
    [*]The use of abbreviations is needed for gaming
    [*]The use of abbreviations is needed for forums (if allowed)
    Abreviashuns nott constent speling eerors n runon sentenses.
    [*]If the language rules on the forum were that harsh, they would specify that you NEED TO BE RIGHT.
    We only get pissed off when people get too arrogant. It is nearbyhermit that is considering himself persecuted. Oh, the drama of bad english.
    [*]Minor/inconsistent problems should not be seen upon as "lack of intelligence/laziness"
    Sure! However, the problem is, they're NOT inconsistent. They're always there, making us try to decode their cryptic language. Furthermore, I never said anyone lacked intelligence. They're just trying really hard to make it look like it.
    [*]The purpose of this thread is lacking and seen to be flaming those who flame others with poor English abilities.
    There's no flaming. Only trolling. Lol.
    [*]Rules to keep a forum English-only is said by the administrator
If you have issues with any of the major spelling of the words, here are definitions to thwart off anyone with problems of the spelling/grammar (as said by Google). I took time to type all of this out.
uhh... k...
My idea on this thread is to close it. Get on with life. And if the administrator wished for rules on the grammar and spelling to be perfect the rules would have been set when the forum started or added later on. In which i see this to not be the case. The very fabric of this post to start a flame war between those who have English problems such as; spelling, grammar, word usage, abbreviations, etc. The posts i have read (which is all of them) seem to help feed the fire of this thread's true purpose. That purpose being what i stated, to start a flame war between those who have English problems uch as; spelling, grammar, word usage, abbreviations, etc.
A flame war has not started, however. We are debating in an intelligent and orderly fashion, and besides the occasional trolling, this thread is not in the red zone (not in my view, at least). Furthermore, apparently some think this is a problem that must be taken head on, so we are addressing this issue with our two cents.

Level 24
I am a troll, but I don't really flame. If you watched what happens in the chatroom every once in awhile you'd know I am one :grin:

At least you troll intelligently?

Anyways, @Kalbintion, I agree with the first two, the fifth, part of the seventh, and the last two.
  • About the third, online translators will use proper spelling, and it's obvious when one is used. Most of the issues will be more eccentricities than big ugly things that people get yelled at for.
  • About the fourth, punctuation makes sentences easy to read, grammar and spelling can change the entire meanings of sentences. Whole vs hole, entomology vs etymology, things like that.
  • About the sixth, NO. cn u tell wut dis sentence iz i bet if i wrote a hole ¶ lik dis u wud get sick n tired lol
  • About the seventh, inconsistency with errors is absolute proof that one is not tryng to improve. If errors are consistent, it means that one is trying to improve, but mistaken on a particular rule. If errors are inconsistent, it means the person is just sitting pressing keys on their keyboard, not even expending enough effort to be consistent with rules they may or may not believe to be true.

Level 7
Most of those with bad English are already fluent in English and are only misspelling and being bad with punctuation due to laziness and that alone.
If they have bad English, then they are obviously not fluent in English. Those who choose to use bad English are the only exceptions, in which case you have to prove that they wanted to steer toward the bad English methods.

Don't see where the hell that sentence is going.
A post was made about using online translators.

Intelligent discussion takes not making yourself look like a two year old.

Abreviashuns nott constent speling eerors n runon sentenses.
Very true, however, most people who speak English know enough to not undermine themselves in front of other people. Those who spell like the sentence you gave as an example, obviously has not grasped the language in which this thread is about. Your example would fit that of only a five year old with perhaps a learning disability. In which that would cause them to spell like you did.

We only get pissed off when people get too arrogant. It is nearbyhermit that is considering himself persecuted. Oh, the drama of bad english.
Then let himself consider that he is being persecuted. You have no control over someone's thoughts and feelings. You can only get them to see your view, nothing more. If they do not accept, then leave it to them.

Sure! However, the problem is, they're NOT inconsistent. They're always there, making us try to decode their cryptic language. Furthermore, I never said anyone lacked intelligence. They're just trying really hard to make it look like it.
Most of the errors i have seen on other user's posts are consistent. Few have been inconsistent. The errors are not there to make us decode the "cryptic language." That sentence about intelligence was not pointed in your direction. No need to get defensive about something that was specifically pointed to you. Same with the persecution of NearbyHermit. He feels that it is being pointed only at him.

There's no flaming. Only trolling. Lol.
Google definition
"From the fishing term. As a noun, synonymous with flamebait. As a verb, to post controversial or provocative messages in a deliberate attempt to provoke flames."

A flame war has not started, however. We are debating in an intelligent and orderly fashion, and besides the occasional trolling, this thread is not in the red zone (not in my view, at least). Furthermore, apparently some think this is a problem that must be taken head on, so we are addressing this issue with our two cents.
Understandable, however all threads can turn into a flame war. Flame wars are preventable by;
  1. Banning the troll
  2. Banning offending members
  3. Closing the thread
  4. Deleting the thread
Other options are their of course besides the ones i mentioned.

Edit: since no other post has been made and i am replying to what Teh_Ephy said to my post, and to prevent double posting. I add my reply to this

At least you troll intelligently?

Anyways, @Kalbintion, I agree with the first two, the fifth, part of the seventh, and the last two.
Thank you.

• About the third, online translators will use proper spelling, and it's obvious when one is used. Most of the issues will be more eccentricities than big ugly things that people get yelled at for.
True, and yes it is obvious. But they are not correct grammar, which seems to be addressed here as well.

• About the fourth, punctuation makes sentences easy to read, grammar and spelling can change the entire meanings of sentences. Whole vs hole, entomology vs etymology, things like that.
Again, true. However, i see it as no usable thing in my eyes. I type anywhere i want how i want to, I follow most rules when i can and if i feel i should not follow a rule i do it with a reason. Example would be a forum i went to for about 3 days. Abbreviation of that forum is UJ, or Ultima-Java in which they were harsh on the abbreviations. I over used them in which the mods and I got into it. I told them i'd stop posting except an occasional one on a friends comic.

• About the sixth, NO. cn u tell wut dis sentence iz i bet if i wrote a hole ¶ lik dis u wud get sick n tired lol
on the contrary. i can understand that PERFECTLY when i first read it thoroughly. Reason: i understand many typo's and i allow myself to learn typo's and what they mean. If i have a question i don't start a flame. I ask what they mean and give a definition if they choose to.

• About the seventh, inconsistency with errors is absolute proof that one is not tryng to improve. If errors are consistent, it means that one is trying to improve, but mistaken on a particular rule. If errors are inconsistent, it means the person is just sitting pressing keys on their keyboard, not even expending enough effort to be consistent with rules they may or may not believe to be true.
Yes that is true, but, have you seen "English as a second language" students? I have, they speak it somewhat well. However they write it horribly. I help them if i know them and wish to see them to accelerate in the knowledge of the English language. I know some people online who know English somewhat. One in particular is a French-Canadian. They speak French. English they speak to some minor attempt. Typing English for this person is somewhat good. The grammar and word choice is terrible. I assist this person when i want to. This allows him to know later on if he so chooses to remember it. I can not force him to use proper English, but i do understand exactly what he says in English no matter how bad of grammar he uses.

Level 26
If they have bad English, then they are obviously not fluent in English. Those who choose to use bad English are the only exceptions, in which case you have to prove that they wanted to steer toward the bad English methods.
I figured at least this was common knowledge. I can attribute that type of horrendous grammar and spelling to how I talked when I was 10 years old playing starcraft and pissing people off with my grammar. Now I know how they feel and feel sorry for the more mature players in sc. Anyhow, like I said, it's probably common knowledge.
A post was made about using online translators.
Someone complained about the difficulty of the English language, so I posted in many languages (which I predict butchered quite a lot of grammar) "Then don't speak it". It relates nothing to the main topic.
Very true, however, most people who speak English know enough to not undermine themselves in front of other people. Those who spell like the sentence you gave as an example, obviously has not grasped the language in which this thread is about. Your example would fit that of only a five year old with perhaps a learning disability. In which that would cause them to spell like you did.
Well, most of them have already grasped most of the language, and can spell quite well in school, however, they are simply too lazy to practice typing fast AND right at the same time. Again, this is a common problem for many, many people. Doing both is an acquired habit.
Then let himself consider that he is being persecuted. You have no control over someone's thoughts and feelings. You can only get them to see your view, nothing more. If they do not accept, then leave it to them.
It was simply criticism of his thoughts. All criticism is beneficial one way or another anyhow, so why not share the negativity?
Most of the errors i have seen on other user's posts are consistent. Few have been inconsistent. The errors are not there to make us decode the "cryptic language." That sentence about intelligence was not pointed in your direction. No need to get defensive about something that was specifically pointed to you. Same with the persecution of NearbyHermit. He feels that it is being pointed only at him.
You mean "No need to get defensive about something that wasn't specifically pointed at you"? anyhow, yeah.
Sure, it's bait, but no one's biting. For the most part, while trolls aren't so uncommon on the hive, flamers are. Also, Hive members are like the bomb squad. They know better than to tackle trolling with brute force (anger, in this case).
Understandable, however all threads can turn into a flame war. Flame wars are preventable by;
  1. Banning the troll
  3. Closing the thread
  4. Deleting the thread
If all threads can turn into flame wars, then you're suggesting we do one of those things in every thread we encounter? Aaah! Forum armageddon! Quick, get Optimus Prime! He knows what to do most of the time!

Level 7
I figured at least this was common knowledge. I can attribute that type of horrendous grammar and spelling to how I talked when I was 10 years old playing starcraft and pissing people off with my grammar. Now I know how they feel and feel sorry for the more mature players in sc. Anyhow, like I said, it's probably common knowledge.
if its common knowledge, everyone would know of it, even those who do not know of any English at all.

Someone complained about the difficulty of the English language, so I posted in many languages (which I predict butchered quite a lot of grammar) "Then don't speak it". It relates nothing to the main topic.
True, however it does follow the aspect of using a online translator to render Italian, German, Spanish, etc to English.

Well, most of them have already grasped most of the language, and can spell quite well in school, however, they are simply too lazy to practice typing fast AND right at the same time. Again, this is a common problem for many, many people. Doing both is an acquired habit.
I type like a "gamer" all the time, yet i have the knowledge to use normal, correct and hopefully spell-mistaken free sentences.

It was simply criticism of his thoughts. All criticism is beneficial one way or another anyhow, so why not share the negativity?
Criticism is good, that is true, but can lead to flame wars. Which again, i said is preventable

You mean "No need to get defensive about something that wasn't specifically pointed at you"? anyhow, yeah.
Hm, yes, i do mean that.

Sure, it's bait, but no one's biting. For the most part, while trolls aren't so uncommon on the hive, flamers are. Also, Hive members are like the bomb squad. They know better than to tackle trolling with brute force (anger, in this case).
They know, I do too. That my friends hopefully common knowledge but one can not depend on.
Bold - Thats what the flaming is towards on.

If all threads can turn into flame wars, then you're suggesting we do one of those things in every thread we encounter? Aaah! Forum armageddon! Quick, get Optimus Prime! He knows what to do most of the time!
Ahem, I'm suggesting that all threads CAN and MAY turn into flame wars if the right person posts the right message at the right time and with the next person to fall into flaming, or misunderstanding what is said. Your joke of Optimus Prime is not funny to me at least.

Edit: added more information to the second-to-last quote on this post. In italics.

Level 24
If they defend themselves instead of apologizing for their poor English when poor English is mentioned, they're doing it on purpose. The irony of ironies is that most people who apologize ahead of time (like at the beginning or end of their new thread) have perfectly sufficient English.

Unfortunately, a large majority of "most people who speak English" is composed of brazen idiots who can't see the world past the corner of it they live in (IE: The stereotypical American (please note the part that says "stereotypical"), or the average teenager).

Agreed, however he isn't being persecuted for poor English.

I actually prefer consistent errors to inconsistent ones, you only need to decode them once.

Trolling doesn't always end in flaming.

1. Banning the troll
  3. Closing the thread
  4. Deleting the thread
That is how flame wars are amended, not prevented.

Again, true. However, i see it as no usable thing in my eyes. I type anywhere i want how i want to, I follow most rules when i can and if i feel i should not follow a rule i do it with a reason. Example would be a forum i went to for about 3 days. Abbreviation of that forum is UJ, or Ultima-Java in which they were harsh on the abbreviations. I over used them in which the mods and I got into it. I told them i'd stop posting except an occasional one on a friends comic.
You seem to adhere to them anyways.

on the contrary. i can understand that PERFECTLY when i first read it thoroughly. Reason: i understand many typo's and i allow myself to learn typo's and what they mean. If i have a question i don't start a flame. I ask what they mean and give a definition if they choose to.
Hmm, in hindsight I was talking about contractions... Anyways, contractions show poor effort and some of them (halp) are just stupid, and should only be used when one is being silly. Regular use is stupid.

Yes that is true, but, have you seen "English as a second language" students? I have, they speak it somewhat well. However they write it horribly. I help them if i know them and wish to see them to accelerate in the knowledge of the English language. I know some people online who know English somewhat. One in particular is a French-Canadian. They speak French. English they speak to some minor attempt. Typing English for this person is somewhat good. The grammar and word choice is terrible. I assist this person when i want to. This allows him to know later on if he so chooses to remember it. I can not force him to use proper English, but i do understand exactly what he says in English no matter how bad of grammar he uses.
I know second languages are hard, and the least ESLs can do is use the same errors with the same words (using DarkKnight as an example, he seemed to capitalize after his commas, but suddenly stopped for no reason at all). Inconsistency such as that reeks of little to no effort at all.

Level 7
What do you mean Optimus Prime isn't funny? Blasphemous mongrel..
I didn't say he himself was not funny, what you said with his reference was not funny.

If they defend themselves instead of apologizing for their poor English when poor English is mentioned, they're doing it on purpose. The irony of ironies is that most people who apologize ahead of time (like at the beginning or end of their new thread) have perfectly sufficient English.
If they defend themselves, then yes, they are doing it on purpose. They are also not understanding the language sufficiently. Apologizing just means they know their English is bad, and wish to alert the reader to it or let them know afterwards and perhaps give the location of their original origin

Unfortunately, a large majority of "most people who speak English" is composed of brazen idiots who can't see the world past the corner of it they live in (IE: The stereotypical American (please note the part that says "stereotypical"), or the average teenager).
I see past the world i live in, and I'm only 15. Perhaps you do not count that as a teenager age, but i have no control over your thoughts on that.

Agreed, however he isn't being persecuted for poor English.
Never said he was.

I actually prefer consistent errors to inconsistent ones, you only need to decode them once.
Inconsistent ones happen, perhaps the user thinks differently, is bipolar, or another mental illness that would cause it, or as it could be. They are just being lazy.

Trolling doesn't always end in flaming.
Never said that always happens

That is how flame wars are amended, not prevented.
If you can catch them before it happens, your preventing it. If you catch them after it happens, then thats when your amending it.

You seem to adhere to them anyways.
True

Hmm, in hindsight I was talking about contractions... Anyways, contractions show poor effort and some of them (halp) are just stupid, and should only be used when one is being silly. Regular use is stupid.
halp, is a normal typo in my opinion, I've done it myself a few times on a few places where i am really tired or i just woke up. "Ignorant" typo's are yes, should be used for being silly. Regular use of using at typo i do not find stupid unless they are trying to push back on that is the correct way to spell the word. Perhaps they do not understand the correct spelling of the word. Perhaps that is how they spell is in the language that originally know.

I know second languages are hard, and the least ESLs can do is use the same errors with the same words (using DarkKnight as an example, he seemed to capitalize after his commas, but suddenly stopped for no reason at all). Inconsistency such as that reeks of little to no effort at all.

I've seen ESL students use inconsistent errors, I've also seen them do what you example DarkKnight did. Perhaps they realize it later on and do not go back and fix it all in the previous sentences. I do not know exactly of what DarkKnight did since I myself have not seen the thread (maybe a link would help).

Level 24
If they defend themselves, then yes, they are doing it on purpose. They are also not understanding the language sufficiently. Apologizing just means they know their English is bad, and wish to alert the reader to it or let them know afterwards and perhaps give the location of their original origin

I see past the world i live in, and I'm only 15. Perhaps you do not count that as a teenager age, but i have no control over your thoughts on that.
Average... anyways sorry, average American teenager. Don't yell at me for that, I have plenty of experience with average American teenagers.

Never said he was.
Which is why I said he wasn't.

Inconsistent ones happen, perhaps the user thinks differently, is bipolar, or another mental illness that would cause it, or as it could be. They are just being lazy.
Most often, laziness is the cause.

If you can catch them before it happens, your preventing it. If you catch them after it happens, then thats when your amending it.
Everything you said was only possible after the trolling happened, and therefore would be amending, not preventing.

halp, is a normal typo in my opinion, I've done it myself a few times on a few places where i am really tired or i just woke up. "Ignorant" typo's are yes, should be used for being silly. Regular use of using at typo i do not find stupid unless they are trying to push back on that is the correct way to spell the word. Perhaps they do not understand the correct spelling of the word. Perhaps that is how they spell is in the language that originally know.
It's at least a centimetre away... and it's not an error ESLs make, it's one that internet hippies make. Like on MySpace or something "omg guyz halp, this guy totally..."

I've seen ESL students use inconsistent errors, I've also seen them do what you example DarkKnight did. Perhaps they realize it later on and do not go back and fix it all in the previous sentences. I do not know exactly of what DarkKnight did since I myself have not seen the thread (maybe a link would help).

It's at a forum, it isn't that hard to go back and fix it. If they did, it again means laziness, and they deserve whatever crap they get about it.

Level 7
Average... anyways sorry, average American teenager. Don't yell at me for that, I have plenty of experience with average American teenagers.
Just because you do does not mean they are all the same.

Most often, laziness is the cause.
Can you prove this?

Everything you said was only possible after the trolling happened, and therefore would be amending, not preventing.
Incorrect, you can check other forums see if the member name comes up. If it does do a little research. This would take time of course but would help prevent against the trolling and flaming to begin with, hence preventing it. What i said could also be used to catch it before hand, such as signs that it may occur.

It's at least a centimetre away... and it's not an error ESLs make, it's one that internet hippies make. Like on MySpace or something "omg guyz halp, this guy totally..."
Internet hippie? Hadnt known hippies would invade the internet to the point of you only noticing them. MySpace btw, is a bad example.

It's at a forum, it isn't that hard to go back and fix it. If they did, it again means laziness, and they deserve whatever crap they get about it.
I give you "its at a forum, it isnt that hard to go back and fix it" .. however, not everyone wishes to spend more time on a simple post just to make it godly perfect just for everyone to read its amazing grammar and spelling.

Level 21
Kalbintion are you saying you want to ban me? :-(
How kind of you

1. Banning the troll
  3. Closing the thread
  4. Deleting the thread

Banning the troll? I'm a troll sometimes, but not a very mean hearted one (erm... kind of)
Even though not directed at me, still...

I must run for me life!

Level 21
Why would I need to read your silly little lessons?

I don't need to learn how to structure an argument. I just say something people will most likely object to when I feel like it and it carries on from there

I don't need to improve my practical point of view

dance.gif

Last edited:
Level 26
Why would I need to read your silly little lessons?
Because you obviously are in some need of learning.
I don't need to learn how to structure an argument. I just say something people will most likely object to when I feel like it and it carries on from there
thank you for proving how much of a troll you are.
I don't need to improve my practical point of view
... words escape me...

Level 15
I'd rather not. Anyone can see for themself by reading your tragic attempt to prove otherwise in this very thread.

Now, if you want to take matters further, try to prove to us how you are not an idiot.

You can't actually judge if someone's an idiot through an online thread

So, this is an admission that you are a troll. As proven by the way you communicate online and try to suggest that you're something else in the 'real world'.

Level 26
It's amazing how you think I'm an idiot when you have no actual proof of me being one. You can't actually judge if someone's an idiot through an online thread.

So Whitehorn, please explain how I'm an idiot
We see from you what you let us see from you. You have explained that you are a troll and are making no effort to change your ways, i.e. satisfied with being a troll. To associate the term "troll" with "idiot" is not a long stretch.

Level 26
I'm actually only a troll in this thread. But really, the credit for this little argument doesn't go to me. It goes to you and whoever else started it after I revved it. I said something that would make you react, but it's your choice to react. You yourself are a troll
Of all the things you say..
A troll is a person deliberately posting controversial words in an attempt to instigate flaming. That is what you do, not me. I argue in a civilized manner, with no attempt to provoke flamers. You, on the other hand, are an entirely different story. You are simply being stubborn and pretending to read between the lines in an attempt to provoke.

Now, does anyone have an argument as to why constant spelling and grammatical errors are of no importance, or has this debate already chosen a winner?

Level 21
I wasn't trying to make you flame. I just like arguing/debating with people. You think you were being civilized? Look back and you'll see over half the time I was, and some of the times you weren't. We're basically equaled out

I didn't say they were of no importance. I said minor grammar errors on this site are of about no importance and aren't a big deal. But that's my opinion. You can keep yours

Status
Not open for further replies.