• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Defense / Survival] SLENDER - The Dark Woods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
SLENDER- The Dark Woods
204016-albums6976-picture77165.png

Description:

SLENDER - The Dark Woods is a Horror Survival game based on the original Slender games.
Play with a group of maximum 12 people and let the horror begin! 11 Player are the Survivors and have to collect 12 pages, the other player
plays Slenderman himself, trying to kill the other people and respawn them as mind controlled "Chasers".

Features:

This map contains many features for a good atmosphere.

- Completeley dark Night
- Flashlight System (try not to waste your battery, otherwise you will die!)
- HQ models
- Abilities for Characters (mainly for Slenderman)
- Other dangerous NPC horror creatures
- Jumpscares!
- Enterable houses

Screenshots:

204016-albums6976-picture77164.png

204016-albums6976-picture77163.png

204016-albums6976-picture77162.png

204016-albums6976-picture77161.png

Level 30
Wow, awesome project here. I have been a fan of the game Slenderman.

Some suggestions, how about make some different modes in-game. Like:

Collecting Pages - collect 12 pages to win the game

Survival of the Fittest - Survive for a period of time and the last player standing wins the game.

and more... I do think players should have more modes and not just page collecting because it gets repetitive much in Slender games. Why not try something different, right? Also, if you have played the latest Slender game which is the Arrival. As far as I know, it features or has a new chaser and its not just Slenderman but I think it looks like a scary girl. You might also want to add that to the list of chasers if incase you'll add some extra enemies instead of Slenderman. It would be much more interesting if there are more enemies rather than Slenderman.

Overall, this looks like promising and I would like to see this on Map Section soon. Reps for the good work!

Level 17
thanks for your comments
@Hell_Master: read the description^^, i already implented chasers
if someone dies, slenderman can make a chaser out of him ( so you can go on playing as a chaser and youre not just dead :D)
about the modes, i have the same opinion, some variation couldnt hurt :)

EDIT: I got a problem. As you can see, i nulled the Day/Night Models so that everything is dark. (except of the lighter of course)
i got a torch model and it has a flame (of course xD) and the flame is not visible if i turn off the day/night models :/ i created a thread on the request forums, would be nice if someone can help me :)

Level 17
not bad. I wonder if it could get as scary as dualism
well the fact that i am not the best terrainer and the multiplayer feature makes it less scary. Dualism has a great terrain but i think the slenderman character is even more scary than everything else. Luckily theres a good model of him. It is also funny to play slenderman and scare the other players :p
also, dualism is much of an adventure/horror game, this game is supposed to be pure horror (of course it is survival). I try to get it as scary as possible, which wont be easy to do in wc3.

Level 30
Anyways, the house terrain could use some more indoor doodads/destructibles in it. Maybe put some carpets and rags. And because it is an abandoned house, try making the terrain there like in ruin such as putting broken pieces maybe at the grounds and such...

Status
Not open for further replies.