• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Single Player RPG Map (replayable Village-disaster game)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I have firsthand knowledge of how dead this forum is so if I tag people it's only for visibility.

Rather than getting half-way with a project and then writing down a ton of information like my last project recruitment attempt (btw it's more or less finished I just need to upload it here but I'm lazy)- I'd rather gage people's interest at the get-go for a project before embarking on it and doing all the work.

*** The Concept ***

Essentially- a 'Zelda Majora's Mask' inspired single player (single controllable hero) game. There is little to no combat- gameplay wise it's more of a mix of those point and click escape games only with RPG elements where decisions and npc interaction play a big part.
However it will NOT be a direct remake or even the same thing of MM but there will be a lot of refrencing and throw-back to that game, particularly in regard to style: heavy side-quests and a repeatable day theme.

Set in a medieval village, the player (human child) has to make decisions (with different outcomes) and interact with NPCs and complete their quests to be able to save the Town - there are multiple and varying disasters which effect the town each night (fire, plague, wolves, etc.) and only if you can sufficiently identify the warning signs early, convince the townspeople and prepare the town for these they will be able to survive. If the town survives long enough everyone will live to see the festival, where you can get an item (mask) based on how well you did which will bestow a positive effect on future replays and which will progress the overall story.

I have ideas for the plot, story, gameplay, and other details but I won't bore you.

Instead- I'll list what I'm good at and what I'm not so good at. I'll eventually get to everything if no one responds it'll just take me a year or two or so haha. You can do the same if you're interested or you can just specify which part you may want to help. Also, I will be moving on monday and to a place with no internet (I'll have phone and can use discord/trello for text) so this may not move too fast anyway (but if we can scrape something together before the impossible date of Nov 10 then we can submit it to Jay-am-borino's (I personally have no clue who this person is but it'd be fun) map contest.

I think I'm 'good' at:
-Storytelling / Concept Creation
-Project Management (?)

Things I can do and like:
-Sounds
-Model Edits
-GUI Triggers

Not terrible but not my favorite:
-Cinematics
-Terrain
-Object Editor

Things I hate or can't do well/at all:
-Jass / vJass and hashtables (I know- disgrace)
-heavy 2d artwork
-warcraft and rts (lol)

@BossGengar @The_Spellweaver @whoeverelse

If you want reference of what I can do just search 0.12 Desolate Survival on ENT

Level 11
Sweet!

But, unfortunately, I severely overestimated the amount of free time I'd be able to devote to such a project. In fact I came back and tried to delete this topic the other day but I couldn't figure it out. The plan is to put it off a few months and revisit it sometime in 2018, if you're still willing then I'll for sure let you know!

Status
Not open for further replies.