• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Single Player RPG - Vengeancekael

SPRPG Name:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
R E Q U I E M
O F T H E
G U A R D I A N S

About
Requiem of the Guardians, is a Single Player RPG developed by Vengeancekael and the crew. It is to be released Summer 2010 (Q2), but an exact release date is not available right now!
Current ideas needed: (Will be updated frequently!)
What Options should be added to the Settings Window?
Spells list:(Quotes)

With each level it increases your attack by 4/8/12/16/20 %
also it gives you 2/4/6/8/10 % chance to do a quick strike and
deal bonus damage equal to your agility
Arrow Rain
The ranger loads 4/6/8 arrows and fires all the arrows at a target area, dealing heavy damage to all units in range. Units with less than 10% hitpoints left will die instantly.
Shiny Chains
The monk binds its target for 10/20/30 seconds and deals a small amount of damage to the target every second. If the monk stops channeling the chains will break and then target will be able to move again.
Shredder
Berserker gains 100% more attack speed and 5%/10%/15% bonus damage for the next 5 melee attacks. Buff lasts 10 secs if the melee attacks haven't been used.
Rain of Blood
Berserker makes his target bleed for 10 seconds dealing X/X/X damage. The blood that has been shed will heal the Berserker for 25% of the damage dealt.
The ranger attacks the target at melee range, knocks them back, and shoots an arrow for double damage, gives a 20% speed increase for 10 secs.
The Assasin will dodge out of the next melee ability cast on him, behind the enemy, stab with a poisoned weapon (doing full weapon damage ...), and kicking hks enemy, knocking them back, stunned for 1 sec and with a movement slowing poison that will last 7 secs.
Fulminator's Will:

The Wizard starts to channel his Will on a single target, each second he channels increases the final explosion by 10/15/20 damage, if the explosion kills the target it explodes and damages nearby enemies for 10% of the own max life. This is somekind of "cruel" Fire skill.
Idea for berserker. May it able to pull enemies to him)
Name: Holy Light
Description: "Monk" calls a beacon of light from the sky hitting a unti,with his ancient magic spelbook(or someting).If the unit is friendly it heals it by 40% and increases his ms,and if the unit is enemy then it gets blinded and disabled,stunning(or just slowing you choose :p) the enemy and making him miss by 40%(or in the next 10 hits) for 15 seconds.
Skewer Syndrome
Impales a unit against a boulder/tree using his sword, then proceeds to kick the sword through rock/tree killing the impaled unit instantly. The impaled units shrieks of pain cause nearby units to cower in fear reducing damage by 30%
Wrath of Elements
Wizard summon elements by his/her side. Cause of that, there will rain frost, fire and lightning around wizard. Frozen shards slows enemies, fiery meteorites will burn enemies with damage over time, and lightning make direct damage.
Assasin - Blind

the assasin throws dirt to up to 3 opponents in front of him for X distance which reduces their accuracy by X. Effect lasts 10 seconds
Close Combat
Warrior throws sword high in the air, distracting target unit(stun 4 seconds), he then rushes in unleashing a flurry of blows(like a 100 dmg) then finishes by catching sword and slashing(100 dmg) its basically a blink strike with a stun and some extra graphics
A spells for ranger:
-Cuz rangers are rangers and they are not so good at close combat, an arrow that knockback and deal damage will be usefull :) You can also mess up with damage calculation (damage from agility, standard damage, damage from speed and more).
Spell name Thunder Shot is ok I think.
-Rangers may know some huntink skillz. A net that cut your skill if you try to move is painfull :O I sugest you to use percentage damage from speed of traped enemy. Spell is usefull again if you dont want someone to get close to you. I dont know good name for this spell :S
-Rangers can hide near trees, cuz know hunting skillz. Hero meld near tree (only).
Shot without moving hero from meld position is very concetrating and deadly. If hero get damaged he must to show up coz someone blowed up his cover. Ambush is fine name.
Warrior
• Art of Combat - Active/Target Unit - Perform several attacks. All attacks deals more damages than previous one.
• Adrenalin - Passive/Self - Enabled when hit points are lower than 1/4. Gives x% chance to avoid an attack.

Berserker
• Rage - Passive/Self - Enabled when hit points are lower than 1/4. Increases attack speed by x%.
• Frenzy - Active/Self - When activated all damages taken got x% chance to increases attack speed.

Wizard
• Focus - Active/Self - Decreases casting time of the next spell.
• Brilliance - Active/Self - Restores Mana. Mana restored depends on number of nearby units.
• Magic Leech - Active/AoE - Drains mana of nearby ennemy units.

Monk
• Call upon the Goodness - Active/Target Unit - Gives a random buff from damages/armor/attack or movement speed etc... (you can also imagine other buff).

Ranger
• Arrow Master - Active/Self - Gives a percent chance to perform several consecutive attacks next time the hero attacks. Each attacks reduces percent chance of re-attack.
• Poisoned Arrow - Active/Target Unit - Deals instant damages and poisoned the target. As long as the unit is poisoned, it has x% of chance to die every x seconds.

Assassin
• Sudden Death - Passive/Self - Gives x% chance to instantly kills your target
• Shadow Projection - Active/Channelling - Creates a clone of the hero which is invisible. He can attacks. The hero cannot move and is also invisible during channelling. Player's Camera locked to the Illusion.
• Venom - Active/Target Unit - Gives a buff to the unit. As long as the buff remains the unit has x% of chance to die every x seconds.
• Critical Strike - Passive/Self - Every time the Assassin deals an amount of damages greater or equal to half of the target's hit points it has a chance to instantly kills the unit.
• Runaway - Active/Target Point - Makes the Assassin invisible and increases movement speed. Order the Assassin to move to targeted point. Cannot receive orders before he reach the point.
Jobs

• Map Producer => Vengeancekael

• Triggerer => Vengeancekael;Slaydon(unofficial triggerer)

• Modeler => Boneknight;Open

• Skinner =>Boneknight;Open

• Idea Generator => supertoinkz;Adiktuz;Nillere;Open

• Story Writer => Vengeancekael;addicted07

• Spells => Vengeancekael;naitsirk

• Loading Screen/Artist => MultiGod;Open

• Terrainer => L2love

• Icon Maker => supertoinkz;X.e.r.e.X

• Boss Fights => redscores
Models needed
• A male Human with a normal size
• A male Human with a big size
Systems
Systems in progress:
-Camera system.
-Quest system.
-Multiboard character system.
-Hero selection system.
-Custom attack system.
-Potion Mixture system.
-Settings Window system.

178091-albums2336-picture20549.jpg

178091-albums2336-picture20552.jpg

178091-albums2336-picture20551.jpg

178091-albums2336-picture20550.jpg

178091-albums2863-picture23786.jpg
Story
Comment by Addicted07
Here's my created story and I'll probably use yours as well

Story: (Cinematic if you want)
Beginning: An unknown warrior has come from the far reaches of the world, experienced in any kind of combat, from range mastery, melee combat and spell casting, he is uncomparable. The warrior was blessed with great power and fame, until one day...
The warrior learned that there was this mountain named "Arleas" where a huge source of eternal and limitless power, which is the "Book of Foretold", he journeyed... along the way he met a soothsayer, and said: "He who seek eternal power shall forget who he was and what he has".. He just passed by him never fearing what would come in his... He climbed the Mt. Arleas and discovered the book, upon opening the book a binding light came and tormented the warrior with pain... the book released all the power of the warrior and the book shut and a voice spoke: "Your powers are great and yet you seek more... You shall forget what you learned and forget who your were" Then the light made him unconscious and forget who he was and what he had just heard... the light took him away on a small village in a haystack... and in his dream the voice spoke once more: "you must seek the power you lost" (continued to Game Start:)

The Plot:
Kleyro seeks his scattered powers and somehow he learns some of it again. Queen Alanir, the ruler of Alanas kingdom, which reign over 4 villages: Nesara (village you start), Brahaea, Orande and Slenith. She hired Kleyro (not knowing he lost his powers), to know what the people are afraid off. Zelander, the leader of the Clerons, has already spread across the Kingdom of Selaj. Soon after, Zelander aims for Toriases, and Imperial race of Elves. Then lastly, The Alanas Kingdom... Zelander, meeting with a soothsayer (the one you met) said to him, "you are still weak and yet much to learn, a warrior named Kleyro had his powers scattered around the world by opening the Book of Foretold... Seek that power and you shall obtain victory" (The soothsayer has a neutral faction, he never sided with evil nor good, but helps both in most cases) Zelander, upon hearing the name Kleyro, he immediately seek his lost powers, while Kleyro seeks for it as well.

Kleyro must travel the 4 kingdoms and search for clues where his powers have gone to, unknowingly, before Zelander get's them...

Conclusions:
Unfortunately Zelander obtained them all first before Kleyro.. but then Alanir requested for Kleyro to go up Mt. Arleas to obtain he Book Of Foretold... as he goes after that book... he slowly remembers himself...

Game Starts:
He woke up and saw the people, they were astonished by him... His name is famous but he himself doesn't know who he was... the villagers called him... "Kleyro"

???
Rate it please? :)

Edit:
Q: It looks more like Linear RPG
A: My story is not that linear RPG... Well as i said it.. Zelander found the powers of Kleyro, but Kleyro learns his powers by learning them again and when he gets the Book Of Foretold.. He'll just receive new skills depending on what class he chooses.. that's just it... but some boss fights here are not linear as well, like for example: Guardian of the BOok of Foretold, King Zarconis (king of Selaj Kingdom) and etc... added boss fights...

Edit:
Q: Class Selection for only one character?
A: He can select a class and when he attains the book of foretold.. it can unlock a special ability for that class.. could you make it?
Classes
1) Ranger

2) Assassin

3) Warrior

4) Berserker

5) Monk

6) Wizard

More information to come soon!
Screenshots
178091-albums2863-picture23782.jpg

178091-albums2863-picture23783.jpg

178091-albums2863-picture23784.jpg

178091-albums2863-picture23785.jpg

Last edited:
Level 13
I'm wondering when will u have that story thing ready u posted in visitor message or is it already done.

Heres the strength heroes

Strength

Warrior - Uses sword, duh :D

Warriors are good for beginners cause of their ability synergies. They could be weak on the start but can be a powerful badass when used properly on the battlefield.

Berserker - Uses Hammer

Berserkers are slow-moving demolishers that can deal ridiculous damage to anyone they see :p. They are a bit hard to control because of their speed (hard to flee), but when supported by a Monk or a Warrior, it could be mean.

Agility

Assassin - Daggers and Killing weapons :C

Assassins are your nearby murderer. They have high critical hit ratio that can even topple a giant beast to its knees. They have little armor and hp but has wide range of speed. Also has evasion.

Ranger - Uses Bows and stuff

Rangers are long-ranged killing machines. They use their range for tactical purposes like their abilities. They also have higher critical hit ratio than Assassins. Maybe light and brittle, but it sends death from afar.

Inteligence

Monk - "The light shall bless you und..... I mean purge you!"

Monks are the party's healer and buffer. They're abilities compose of little damage but more support effects. Must be protected at all cost.

Wizard - Uses wands/rods and arcane magiks

Wizards are types of monks that uses arcane magics, meaning they do the opposite, damaging instead of supporting. They are still brittle otherwise >.>

well thats all, if you need more, tell me

maybe I can help part-time with something... maybe more ideas or spells(if you want vJASS then I'm out coz I still haven't learned it) or maybe testing. hehe...

Question:

will there be only six heroes up to the final version of this?
Sure ive added your name.And no, of course not, im sure there will be more heroes^^
Edit:The file has been updated.
Edit:Thread updated.
Edit:Alright heres the "story" so far:First you select your Hero and start in a human outpost, which is nearly destroyed. From there you enter a big forest, which leads to many dungeons, and each of them lead you to another way, but only 1 of them will lead you to your main quest. Then there is a LARGE city(human city) and after that one a big undead tower with alot of stages.
Now the STORY:The Queen Alanir has hired a mighty Hero(not you), who never arrives at the castle. Then some of the villagers of your hometown say, that you could go help her. The corruption of Zelander, the leader of the Zelens, has already spread across the world of Asgarn and the regions of Selaj. Everyone is busy defending their homeworld and thus, you are the only one left who can step on the darkness. But the queen first wants to see your talent. Then you can go to the Tower, where you have to defeat Zelander and destroy the orb of corruption.

Last edited:
Sure ive added your name.And no, of course not, im sure there will be more heroes^^
Edit:The file has been updated.
Edit:Alright heres the "story" so far:First you select your Hero and start in a human outpost, which is nearly destroyed. From there you enter a big forest, which leads to many dungeons, and each of them lead you to another way, but only 1 of them will lead you to your main quest. Then there is a LARGE city(human city) and after that one a big undead tower with alot of stages.
Now the STORY:The Queen Alanir has hired a mighty Hero(not you), who never arrives at the castle. Then some of the villagers of your hometown say, that you could go help her. The corruption of Zelander, the leader of the Zelens, has already spread across the world of Asgarn and the regions of Selaj. Everyone is busy defending their homeworld and thus, you are the only one left who can step on the darkness. But the queen first wants to see your talent. Then you can go to the Tower, where you have to defeat Zelander and destroy the orb of corruption.

thanks... I'm thinking of something maybe a hero proposal, I'll PM it when I'm finished.. btw, the monk model seems awesome.

ah.. okay... is the first one okay already or do I need to put more details?

so hero spell ideas for the existing heroes...

EDIT: checked out the hero descriptions and it looks like I might be able to produce some ideas during my time off except for the berserker because we think differently of a berserker and I cannot stop from thinking about a berserker that just rampages around.....

but maybe supertoinkz has ideas for those heroes already since he was the one that thought of them...

Alright good luck and yes the details are good enough:D
Edit:Instead of wood, will there be diamonds, which you can use to buy extreme items.
Edit:I have made a website for all my maps and etc. , yet i have just started to work on it, so yeah.....(And YES, my provider is Microsoft)
Link:vengeancekael.web.officelive.com ,yes i know the link is long, but if you load it once , then you can just bookmark it.
Edit:updated.

Last edited:
Level 6

Here's my created story and I'll probably use yours as well

Story: (Cinematic if you want)
Beginning: An unknown warrior has come from the far reaches of the world, experienced in any kind of combat, from range mastery, melee combat and spell casting, he is uncomparable. The warrior was blessed with great power and fame, until one day...
The warrior learned that there was this mountain named "Arleas" where a huge source of eternal and limitless power, which is the "Book of Foretold", he journeyed... along the way he met a soothsayer, and said: "He who seek eternal power shall forget who he was and what he has".. He just passed by him never fearing what would come in his... He climbed the Mt. Arleas and discovered the book, upon opening the book a binding light came and tormented the warrior with pain... the book released all the power of the warrior and the book shut and a voice spoke: "Your powers are great and yet you seek more... You shall forget what you learned and forget who your were" Then the light made him unconscious and forget who he was and what he had just heard... the light took him away on a small village in a haystack... and in his dream the voice spoke once more: "you must seek the power you lost" (continued to Game Start:)

The Plot:
Kleyro seeks his scattered powers and somehow he learns some of it again. Queen Alanir, the ruler of Alanas kingdom, which reign over 4 villages: Nesara (village you start), Brahaea, Orande and Slenith. She hired Kleyro (not knowing he lost his powers), to know what the people are afraid off. Zelander, the leader of the Clerons, has already spread across the Kingdom of Selaj. Soon after, Zelander aims for Toriases, and Imperial race of Elves. Then lastly, The Alanas Kingdom... Zelander, meeting with a soothsayer (the one you met) said to him, "you are still weak and yet much to learn, a warrior named Kleyro had his powers scattered around the world by opening the Book of Foretold... Seek that power and you shall obtain victory" (The soothsayer has a neutral faction, he never sided with evil nor good, but helps both in most cases) Zelander, upon hearing the name Kleyro, he immediately seek his lost powers, while Kleyro seeks for it as well.

Kleyro must travel the 4 kingdoms and search for clues where his powers have gone to, unknowingly, before Zelander get's them...

Conclusions:
Unfortunately Zelander obtained them all first before Kleyro.. but then Alanir requested for Kleyro to go up Mt. Arleas to obtain he Book Of Foretold... as he goes after that book... he slowly remembers himself...

Game Starts:
He woke up and saw the people, they were astonished by him... His name is famous but he himself doesn't know who he was... the villagers called him... "Kleyro"

???
Rate it please? :)

Edit:
Q: It looks more like Linear RPG
A: My story is not that linear RPG... Well as i said it.. Zelander found the powers of Kleyro, but Kleyro learns his powers by learning them again and when he gets the Book Of Foretold.. He'll just receive new skills depending on what class he chooses.. that's just it... but some boss fights here are not linear as well, like for example: Guardian of the BOok of Foretold, King Zarconis (king of Selaj Kingdom) and etc... added boss fights...

Edit:
Q: Class Selection for only one character?
A: He can select a class and when he attains the book of foretold.. it can unlock a special ability for that class.. could you make it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.