• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Calling Triggerers/Custom Spell Makers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello, I'm Adamperkins.

This topic's purpose is to find a dedicated, committed triggerer with some experience in spells for an upcoming project which I have conceptualized. Ideally they would be fairly experienced with JASS, but if the applicant proves they are more than competent without JASS this will be easily overlooked.
The map will be a Footman Wars-style map, but I cannot stress enough how different it will be from current Footman Frenzys and Ultimate Footmen.
The gameplay will center more around unit control micro, strategy and skill; I have a clear vision for this game. It will bring out the Footmen in Footmen Wars.
It will include heroes however (with fully custom abilities), and that is why I need a competent spellmaker. Here are the heroes I have conjured so far:

Heroes and Abilities for <Name Pending Footman Wars>
Text in (here) signifies details of the spell’s stats for all levels (regular spells level to 5, ultimates to 3). Fourth hero skills in this list are the ultimates (Ex: Dynamistic Transportion)
Hero 1: Aspectalist
Base Attribute: Intelligence
Names: Shmelzen, Fengamaz, Alchas, Singeslayer, Larnan
Unit: Greenish Bluish tinted Firelord
Description: Mystical hero, uses elemental mixing to maximize magical capabilities. Can learn Exhilirate, Jumping Flame, Profound Prescence, and Dynamistic Transportion.

Exhilirate: Invigorates the unit with mending magic, increasing its hitpoint regeneration by per second and quickening attack speed for 25 sec. However, to retain this effect the unit’s move speed is slowed by 10%. 2/4/6/8/10 hitpoints per sec and 15/25/30/30/40 % attack speed increase, 35 mana)

Jumping Flame: Broils the target in scalding fire, dealing splash damage to it and nearby enemies. The Aspectalist’s mastery of lightning augury allows the original effect to leap to a nearby enemy up to four times, dealing less damage each jump. Damage, splash area and number of possible jumps increase with level.
(Think of this as an AoE chain lightning, but with fire instead.) deals 60/80/90/100/110 damage and jumps 4/4/5/5/5 times. Does ¾ of original damage on first jump, then 2/4 etc. splash area of effect is 40/60/80/100/100 on level and does same amount of splash each jump. Use any fire animation you find fitting. I realize this may be a very complicated and possibly impossible spell. 150 mana)

Profound Prescence:
The Aspectalist’s excess magical energy radiates into the air nearby, saturating it with power. The activity dissolves into the oxygen when it drifts too far from the source. Increases all friendly unit’s damage in the immediate area of the Aspectalist, but the Aspectalist himself is not affected.
(25/35/43/49/55 % damage increase in a 200 radius. Passive)

Dynamistic Transportion: The Aspectalist’s prowess allows him to break parapsychological barriers and force possession of magical energy that brews in every hero’s interior. When the Aspectalist attacks a friendly hero, a percentage of his attack damage is transferred to the friendly hero as mana. The Aspectalist does no damage to the friendly hero when he attacks. Also passively increases the Aspectalist’s mana regeneration.(Passive ability, gives 50/75/100 % of attack damage as mana with 30/45/60% mana regen bonus for Aspectalist..)

Hero 2: Colossal Pit Lord

Base Attribute: Strength
Names: Zeransk, Razmenar, Scekun, Qualm
Unit: Mannoroth
Description: Gigantic hero, relies on imaginable brawn to defeat his foes. Can learn Daunting Stomp, Galvanizing Aura, Pummel, and Unhallowed Vigor.

Daunting Stomp: The pit lord clobbers the ground, dealing damage to nearby enemy units. These foes cower after the display of the pit lord’s strength, dealing less damage for 15 secs. Enemy attack reduction, damage, and area of affect increase with each level. (similar to thunder clap, 95 mana cost, 60/80/90/100/110 damage with 25/30/35/40/45% damage reduction, and 110/120/130/140/150 area of affect.)

Galvanizing Aura: The Hero is a daunting foe, and your forces are more confident and energetic in combat because of him and his intimidating size. Increases nearby units’ attack damage and attack speed. (3/7/11/15/15% attack damage and 3/6/7/9/11% attack speed. 800 radius)

Pummel: The pit lord strikes with such force that he gains a chance to do damage in an area of effect. Damage and area increase with level. (constant 19% chance, 30/50/60/70/80 damage, 100/120/130/140/150 AoE.)

Unhallowed Vigor:
The pit lord calls for power from the depths of Outland, toughening his skin and increasing durability and strength. While in this form, he towers even higher above any opposition, instilling fear into both his enemies and his allies, increasing all nearby unit speed to 120% of normal. The demonic sinew cannot be channeled for long, and he soon returns to his normal state of being. Increases health, armor, and damage for 40 secs. (300/600/800 health, 5/10/15 armor, 5/10/15 damage. Literally grows to a larger size in a manner similar to bloodlust’s growth effect)

Hero 3: Chaos Killer
Base Attribute: Strength
Names: Murdan, Exefo, Sarnik, Analek
Unit: Chaos Blademaster :)O! Blademaster being used and he’s not agi!)
Description: Warrior Hero; a relentless demonic warrior that strikes slowly but surely. Can Learn Whirlwind, Determined Charge, Disperse Defense, and Remorseless Murder.

Whirlwind: The Hero performs a spinning attack, dealing a percentage of his melee damage to all units around him. Damage and radius increases with level.
(80/130/180/230/250 of melee damage in a 100/130/150/170/200 AoE. Bladestorm icon and attack effect, lasts for only one strike (short), 110 mana, 16 sec cooldown)

Determined Charge: The Hero roars with fury and rushes forward, pushing any ally and enemy units in the way. Nearby allies take spirit for 15 secs, moving quicker at the sight. (Knockback charge, increases nearby unit movement speed by 10/15/20/25/30% and attack speed by 2/4/6/8/10%. Make sure the hero is NOT affected by the buff, buff affects units in a 250 radius of the hero while charging. Target ground --> Charge to selected ground, 600 distance (constant))

Disperse Defense: The Chaos Killer is a master of combat, and his attacks are so powerful that they slice through a target’s armor, rendering a portion of the enemy’s armor useless for 6 seconds.
(Reduces 2/3/4/5/6 armor, single target, Drunken Brawler icon, passive)

Remorseless Murder: The Chaos Killer unleashes all of his rage on a target enemy hero, striking them repeatedly with unimaginable ferocity. Kills a target enemy hero. The Chaos Killer is invulnerable for the duration of the attack.
(Only one level of this skill, 6 min cooldown. I have the spell download here so just import it and change description and icon: http://hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/spells/446/ )

Hero 4: Vindictive Cutthroat
Base Attribute: Agility
Names: Antajon Bloodkick, Kirak Grueslice, Rakzin Velocirush, Charn Snapjab, Zunra Gutspiller
Unit: Satyr Shadowdancer, but enlarged.
Description: Sly Hero; lets no honor or rules of conduct affect his style of combat. Can learn Villainous Backstab, Throw Knife, Vanish, and Sacrificial Hurl.

Villainous Backstab: Strikes an unsuspecting allied unit mercilessly, dealing three times normal damage and denying the enemy experience. The Cutthroat’s attack afflicts the spirit of the innocent victim, forcing the spirit to materialize and fight again for a short time. The accuracy of the hero’s forced brutal resurrection increases with level, making spirits progressively stronger and more resourceful. Does not affect Heroes. (base spirit is 200 health, 1 armor, 12-14 ranged piercing damage at 1.5 cooldown. Use the shade model. Increase health by 100 each level, armor by 1, and damage by 2. At level 3, the spirit gains Disembodied Elusion, which grants a 15% dodge rate. This dodge rate increases again at level 5 for 25% dodge.)

Throw Knife: The Hero tactfully launches a knife at a target enemy, dealing extra damage from a range. Bonus damage and range increase with level, and cooldown decreases with level. (10/20/30/40/50 bonus damage, 20 mana (constant), 400/500/600/700/800 range, 7/6/5/4/4 cooldown. This should be a MANUAL ability, as in the ability must be clicked and then the unit must be selected EACH time.

Vanish: The Cutthroat is agile and cunning, and oftentimes has an opening to slash the target quickly and then disappear into invisibility for a short time. Should he make an attack to break the effect, bonus damage will be dealt to the unsuspecting target. Percent chance and bonus damage increase with level.
(5/9/13/17/21%, 60/80/100/110/120 bonus damage.)

Sacrificial Hurl: The Cutthroat is an enthusiastic, bloodthirsty killer and will stop at nothing to cease his enemies’ breath. With malice-driven strength he picks up a friendly non-Hero unit, dismembers it, and propels its limbs and organs at any nearby enemies. Damage increases with level, while cooldown decreases with level.
(The player picks a unit, then have a sort of blood-fan-of-knives effect, dealing damage in a similar manner to fan of knives. Would be cool if the death sound of the selected unit was played during the spell. Damage is 150/200/250, cooldown is 30 secs.

Hero 5: Orcish Warlock
Base Attribute: Intelligence
Description: Magic Hero; incredibly proficient in fire and darkness-based magic. Can learn Unholy Frenzy, Malignant Flameshot, Life Tap, and Burning Meteor.

Unholy Frenzy: Greatly increases attack speed of a target unit, but drains hitpoints. The Hero’s magic is so strong that units near the target may be decently effected as well. Lasts 30 seconds on the primary target, and 15 seconds on nearby units. Attack speed and hitpoint loss increase with level.
(Should have a splash effect similar to dryad’s abolish magic spell, or lich’s frost nova (but not as big as lich frost nova). Increase attack speed by 50/60/70/80/90%, hitpoints lost 3/4/5/6/7 per sec. Nearby effected units receive exactly ½ of both effects.100 mana cost 12 sec cooldown)

Malignant Flameshot: Lets loose a large fiery projectile at a target unit, dealing damage. If the spell kills its target, the Warlock will benefit spiritual recoil, resulting in health gained equal to the damage dealt. (cooldown 10 secs, 100/150/200/230/270 damage. Try to avoid the typical firebolt projectile if possible)

Life Tap:
The Warlock sacrifices his health to partially replenish his mana pool. Health lost and mana gained increase with level. (50 health / 30 mana, 60/50, 90/80, 110/100, 130/130. Cooldown is constant 3 secs.)

Burning Meteor: The Hero calls down a massive ignited boulder, inflicting great damage to all units in a target area. Units affected will be set aflame and will take periodic damage for 15 secs. (100 dmg, 3 dmg every 3 sec for 15 secs, 140dmg/4 every 3 secs, 170/5. Cooldown constant at 1 min 10 secs, cost 200 mana.)

Unit Abilities
Frenzy: Already implemented
Cannibalize: Self explanatory, regular 15 hp / sec
Caliginous Discharge: Unleashes a missile of hellish energy in a random direction from the unit, dealing twice the unit's average physical damage. (Projectile shoots away from unit in random direction, deals 2x (max dmg – min dmg) to 1 unit. 1 min cooldown )
Heroic Charge: The Champion charges with Orcish rage to a target unit, stunning it for one second. If an enemy unit is charged twice within 5 seconds it will be fully prepared for the attack, negating the stun effect and dazing the Champion to 50% of its move and attack speed for 5 seconds. (Charge effect (runs untargetably to target unit) stuns for 1 sec, stunned unit gains “Retrospection” buff (no buff art) for 5 sec. If this unit is charged again while having the buff, it will NOT be stunned and the charging unit will be dazed, reducing move and attack speed to 50% for 5 sec. 1 min cooldown)
Seductive Demeanor: The Temptress is visually distracting and enemy units have a slightly more difficult time concentrating on attacks, giving the Temptress a five percent chance to avoid a physical strike.
Demonic Resurgence: The unit draws demonic energy from the nether to quicken health recovery, granting 3% of its total hit points regenerated per second. This magic is nearly uncontrollable, and any attack taken while under the spell’s effect will cease it and inflict damage equal to 55% of the unit’s total hitpoints.
Critical Hit: Grants a five percent chance of dealing two times normal damage on an attack.
Sprint: The unit accelerates his or her running speed to 130% of normal at the cost of Mana loss every second. (5 mana lost every second of sprinting, will cancel when mana is empty OR deactivated)
Malicious Cleave: Commands the unit to strike with a broad slice, hitting up to two units on its next attack. (Self explanatory, 1 min cooldown)
Block: The unit readies its shield for 4 seconds, preparing to negate the next hit it takes. If the first attack encountered is by Piercing damage it will be reflected back at the opposer, while if the first attack is from Normal damage it will be absorbed and counterattacked, enduring the protecting unit’s average damage. During the 4 seconds the unit will move slower to ensure blocking effectiveness.

Thank you for your time, I hope someone will answer this call.

Last edited:

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Welcome to the Hive Workshop, Adamperkins. If you want to introduce yourself to the Community, you may do so here. If not, you should at least read the important Site Rules, to make sure you won't run in trouble.

Hello, I'm Adamperkins.

This topic's purpose is to find a dedicated, committed triggerer with some experience in spells for an upcoming project which I have conceptualized. Ideally they would be fairly experienced with JASS, but if the applicant proves they are more than competent without JASS this will be easily overlooked.
The map will be a Footman Wars-style map, but I cannot stress enough how different it will be from current Footman Frenzys and Ultimate Footmen. The gameplay will center more around unit control micro, strategy and skill; I have a clear vision for this game. I cannot more divulge details on the map so publicly, so please email me at [email protected] (don't ask >.>) if you are interested in contributing. I can assure you the map will be of Blizzard-level quality.

Thank you for your time.
This does not belong here, but in Project Recruitment. I also advice giving more information about your project, you won't go far with only the vision.

Good luck nonetheless.

~Thread Moved

Level 2
Welcome to the Hive Workshop, Adamperkins. If you want to introduce yourself to the Community, you may do so here. If not, you should at least read the important Site Rules, to make sure you won't run in trouble.

This does not belong here, but in Project Recruitment. I also advice giving more information about your project, you won't go far with only the vision.

Good luck nonetheless.

~Thread Moved

No need to mock my project, Moderator.

Level 2
I'm not volunteering, but incase you haven't found a triggerer yet i thought I'd write one for you ^^

Make an ability based on some instant cast no target ability (I used beserk)

Set all the appropriate fields to 0 (mana cost, bonuses, duration, ect). Change the skill name and buffs to whatever you want. Then put this trigger in your map.
Then put in this trigger

• Life Tap
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
      • Conditions
        • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Blood Mage
        • (Ability being cast) Equal to Life tap
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Level of Life tap for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Set life of (Triggering unit) to ((Life of (Triggering unit)) - 50.00)
          • Unit - Set mana of (Triggering unit) to ((Mana of (Triggering unit)) + 30.00)
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Level of Life tap for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 2
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Set life of (Triggering unit) to ((Life of (Triggering unit)) - 60.00)
              • Unit - Set mana of (Triggering unit) to ((Mana of (Triggering unit)) + 50.00)
            • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Level of Life tap for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 3
                • Then - Actions
                  • Unit - Set life of (Triggering unit) to ((Life of (Triggering unit)) - 90.00)
                  • Unit - Set mana of (Triggering unit) to ((Mana of (Triggering unit)) + 80.00)
                • Else - Actions
                  • Ect

Level 2
Much appreciated, thanks. I personally have no problem with double posts but some people around here are different so watch out <.<

Level 2
Oops *deletes*. Anyway message me if you need help on any of these triggers (since it looks like you may have to be doing them yourself :(

Level 2
I'm interested by the "bring out the Footmen in Footmen Wars". What kind of plans do you have for those? I've always seen Footmen Wars maps as simple arenas of sheer numbers and overwhelming heroes, which is why I never play 'em. If there actually was some of the 'Footmen' (other than a simple count), and some of the 'Wars' (other than seeing lots of units die), it might start actually being fun.

So, if this turns out to be as interesting as you're letting me believe, I'll consider working with you on the map. There doesn't seem to be that much difficulty in what you're suggesting, at least not trigger-wise. I'm pretty sure I could handle it even only with GUI (*shivers*). If all else fails, vJass will save the day (as usual).

Level 2
I'm interested by the "bring out the Footmen in Footmen Wars". What kind of plans do you have for those? I've always seen Footmen Wars maps as simple arenas of sheer numbers and overwhelming heroes, which is why I never play 'em. If there actually was some of the 'Footmen' (other than a simple count), and some of the 'Wars' (other than seeing lots of units die), it might start actually being fun.

So, if this turns out to be as interesting as you're letting me believe, I'll consider working with you on the map. There doesn't seem to be that much difficulty in what you're suggesting, at least not trigger-wise. I'm pretty sure I could handle it even only with GUI (*shivers*). If all else fails, vJass will save the day (as usual).

Sent you an email.

Level 1
Hey adam its me from the WB :p!
OT: YOu could do the Life Tap very easy so I reccomend trying some of your spells it yourself >_<*.

Level 2
Hey adam its me from the WB :p!
OT: YOu could do the Life Tap very easy so I reccomend trying some of your spells it yourself >_<*.

Late bump I know. Almost all of the spells listed here are done and then some. We could still use another helping hand or two to speed things up. As of now the production is mostly of heroes, not to mention some alpha testing of unit balance. So, bump

Status
Not open for further replies.