• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Silent Night - [Puzzle/Horror]

Status
Not open for further replies.
178091-albums2336-picture45931.jpg

PROGRESS

60/100%

FEATURES

*Twisted Plot
*Full of Custom Sound Effects
*Puzzles
*Numerous Cutscenes
*No combat

ARCHIVE

TESTING

Version 1

Feedback (Ideas, ...) is appreciated

Last edited:
Yeah I know, I'm lazy.
Edit:
Alright so I decided to implement an arrow key movement system and it has been implemented, but the camera is a small problem now... I may have to make it first person instead of third person.
I have never made a first person view camera system, I am going to play around a little, but if anyone knows how to do it easily so that I won't have to break my head for it, please do tell me.

Last edited:
Level 16
Amnesia is an awesome game and it's made by the best programer team. But Penumbra is much more scarier.

Now the terrain is really bad. I recommend you to use this model pack. It's full of high quality and unique doodoads and with these you can make this old school terrain scary. And that UI .... It really don't fit with that theme.

Hmm nice choice of sound and hmm the wolf sound from penumbra :)

Edit:
Alright so I decided to implement an arrow key movement system and it has been implemented, but the camera is a small problem now... I may have to make it first person instead of third person.
I have never made a first person view camera system, I am going to play around a little, but if anyone knows how to do it easily so that I won't have to break my head for it, please do tell me.
Um, isn't 3rd-person easier to make? Plus, it is easier to control your character with arrow keys when it's 3rd-person.
Otherwise, you can take a look at this.

EDIT: Let's stay on-topic about this, not Amnesia (which I think is shit and boring anyways).

Also, Marsal2000 linked a model pack, however those are modern. You could use this if you are using a medieval theme.

178091-albums2336-picture46169.png

178091-albums2336-picture46171.png
Silent Night - The Storyline
"I see death in my eyes, the stench of vile creatures and the presence of evil... There is no going back, I must finish this"

Hevar, a married man who helps other people with their personal struggles, must now go to a dark and forgotten place, to meet a man whose past has hurt him too much...
But this time, it is not the usual work, he must go through a haunted forest and find his way to the man's mansion, which is supposedly the place where many have lost their soul. Many warned him not to go, even his wife wanted him to stay, but he never believed in haunted forests or people who can rip a man's soul out of his body.
And so he sets foot in the forest...

Alright you betches, I'm gonna start a mapping spree.
I'll be working on the map for like 2 hours straight and will be updating this post with every change.

CHANGES/WORKING ON:

*Changed Armor Type Icon
*Changed Hevar's name color
*Changed Commandbutton icons
*Changed Skill Icons
*Changed Skill Tooltips
*Changed Item Tooltips
**Working on a new cutscene
*Finished Cutscene
*Fixing the tps system

Last edited:
Alright you betches, I'm gonna start a mapping spree.
I'll be working on the map for like 2 hours straight and will be updating this post with every change.

CHANGES/WORKING ON:

*Changed Armor Type Icon
*Changed Hevar's name color
*Changed Commandbutton icons
*Changed Skill Icons
*Changed Skill Tooltips
*Changed Item Tooltips
**Working on a new cutscene
*Finished Cutscene
*Fixing the tps system

Screenshots (trolol, random)

Attachments

• spirit1.PNG
    spirit1.PNG
    1.9 MB · Views: 101
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    1.7 MB · Views: 101
  • spirit3.PNG
    spirit3.PNG
    1.8 MB · Views: 88
  • spirit4.PNG
    spirit4.PNG
    1.9 MB · Views: 59
178091-albums2336-picture46473.png

Silent Night Demo Version 1 Is Now Available!
The first puzzles are available, along with a lot of cutscenes!

Warning: Some features are not yet functional and voice acting is not available in the demo. There may also be some issues, so please post a comment with any suggestion/bug report you have!

REMEMBER TO SAVE THE GAME ONCE IN A WHILE! DEATH IS PERMANENT!

[Download]

Also, if anyone would like to help me with the terrain, please, do post a comment.

Attachments

• SilentNight1.PNG
    SilentNight1.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,451
  • SilentNight2.PNG
    SilentNight2.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 101
  • SilentNight3.PNG
    SilentNight3.PNG
    2.2 MB · Views: 90
  • SilentNight4.PNG
    SilentNight4.PNG
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,429
  • SilentNight5.PNG
    SilentNight5.PNG
    2.1 MB · Views: 1,434
This is single-player and you have to constantly save the game, because if you die, then the game is over for you.

It's gettin bigger, the bass is gettin bigger . . .

Anyways, I've been playing around with a platform puzzle for 2 weeks now and I'm hoping that I will be finally finished working on it this weekend.
:ogre_kawaii:

Attachments

• puzzle2.PNG
    puzzle2.PNG
    2.2 MB · Views: 86
Status
Not open for further replies.