• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Luther's Adventures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Luther's Adventures

• Description
    Luther ('s team) go on an expedition solving the mystery of the temple that no one survived, discovering a lot of things, hard tests (puzzles), mini-games etc
  • Features

Basically, I have this:
    • Variant Puzzles (The same puzzle ideas but with some variant stuff) so you would probably replay the game, but it's a one time adventure, where you will need to see the beginning each time.
  • Progress

Terrain - 7%

210564-albums5671-picture59077.jpg

210564-albums5671-picture59074.jpg

210564-albums5671-picture59075.jpg

210564-albums5671-picture59076.jpg

Storyline - 4%
    I don't have a good idea about the storyline, it will be by completing chapters, and beating bosses​
    Puzzles - 1%
    vJass - 10%
    I am currently working on vJass systems of the map​
  • Ideas that needs your comments
    Gameplay
    1. The game contains regions that you go to through caves/gates.
      Each place is called "Area".
    2. In the whole game you go through these areas to do your objectives (like any RPG game for completing quests, you visit the areas more than once), the area may vary like something will become broken there (so it's not constant-environment)
    3. After you complete a set of objectives, you complete a chapter (Displaying your score in this chapter like the following) [Time elapsed, Secrets discovered, Total Score... etc]
    4. I don't know about this, but what should the map be a single player map, or multiplayer?
      There are puzzles and tests in my mind that requires teamwork..
      I was thinking that depending on the players playing, the puzzles are created (for example only one player is playing hence a puzzle that doesn't require teamwork appears)
    5. Some chapters are about killing a boss, I have some ideas! :D
      - A huge broodmother to fight in a cave
      - A huge Furbolg in a jungle at night
      The style of killing those bosses are by doing repeated stuff (e.g. You have to turn on three lights, then the boss takes 50 damage (presume his health is 150) then they turn off automatically, you will need to repeat it)
    6. Soundtracks, they are important, but I was thinking that they will take a huge size if they are imported, so is there a need for them, just make two versions one without 'em, or use them anyway?
    7. I don't have the slightest idea for the items/abilities/units in my map :O
    8. I have an idea, it's more like items you have but you always have them (like abilities)
      When you win a boss/chapter or finish an objective, you win these stuff to access other "Areas"
      (A torch! you collect a torch, to access dark caves!)
      (dynamite, you collect them, to break down blocked stuff or to kill enemies in AoE, you can break down rocks that blocks secret areas maybe :ogre_datass: )
    9. There are scenarios... or are there?
    10. there are times there will be lulz in the map :ogre_hurrhurr::ogre_hurrhurr: :eek:gre hur hurrrrrr:

Notes
    • Any contributor for this map will be given credit, that includes (Suggestions of ideas, Buttons/skins, Models, beta-testing)
    • Completion of this map is not assured but I will do my best to make it

Last edited:

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Don't double post.
Suggestions for the thread... Take most of the info out of the hidden tags because there isn't enough text for you to need to scroll down yet. Keep the pictures in hidden tags, add some of the story (just the basics or something); Take out the systems info since it serves no purpose atm.

The idea for the map seems decent, it would be a good idea to just make it singleplayer and then after you've finished a singleplayer versaion of the map create a multiplayer version.
If you want a good soundtrack without all of the bloated filesizes simply use MIDI music files (it is a bit tough to find); You can use the below tutorial to use MIDI music (everyone that plays the map will need to do what is in the tutorial to hear the music though) http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tutorial-submission-283/using-midi-music-wc3-217591/#post2165276 .

GL witht the map, if you remind me I'll play it when it is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.