1. The contestants were to create water structures for the 20th Terraining Contest. Choose one in the public poll!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Join other hivers in a friendly concept-art contest. The contestants have to create a genie coming out of its container. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Melee Mapping Contest #4: 2v2 - Results are out! Step by to congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We're hosting the 15th Mini-Mapping Contest with YouTuber Abelhawk! The contestants are to create a custom map that uses the hidden content within Warcraft 3 or is inspired by any of the many secrets within the game.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Codename: The Shawshank Redemption

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by KelThuzad, Dec 1, 2009.

1. KelThuzad

KelThuzad

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]

Welcome to the thread to the project in development by the codename of The Shawshank Redemption!

Basics:
    • Alot of games were lost due to the new patch. Alot of ideas, alot of fun gameplay was lost, and I have decided to combine a few gameplays into 1 game.
    • This game consist of the: Warchasers, Escape, Puzzles, RPG and TD gameplay. TD gameplay will be in some puzzles, about that later.
    • Game holds up to 6 players. Choose 1 of 7 heroes and start escaping from prison.
    • You have 5 lifes. If you will fail a puzzle, 1 life will burn, but you can continue your way to the escape. Once all lifes are burnt - Game Over.

Proper Information:
    • At the moment there are 5 heroes of 7: Enchanter (Heal and Buff), Admiral (Damage), Engineer (Damage and Buff), Champion (Damage) and Sage (Damage).
    • In order to begin the Challenge (Puzzle or Boss) you have to step on the Orange Circle. Sometimes, if there is disbalance in the game (only 2 of 6 players, for example) some challenges are nerfed (Bosses' level is lower, less damage is done or there is less tasks to go through).
    • Right now there are 4 puzzle challenges and 4 bosses. Look at screenshots for more information about that (I'm not gonna spoil your fun)!

The game is under development. To release fully functionable version, I need from 3 to 5 good and stable testers, who are able to stab into their hearts a shitload of bugs, nerves and fun. If you're interested - PM me, and I'll give you more information.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2009
  2. Billy the Cat

Billy the Cat

Resources:
    Resources:
    Why name it after one of my favourite movies? :O

3. KelThuzad

KelThuzad

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    That's the only name that I came up with the "Prison Escape" theme.

P.S. - One of mine too ^.^

4. Dark Soul

Dark Soul

Resources:
    Resources:
    Very nice idea, I love playing this sort of map, its just soooo fun. Isnt the fire runner from pyramid escape? Anyway good luck with your map and cheers! :)

5. KelThuzad

KelThuzad

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    "Alot of games were lost due to the new patch. Alot of ideas, alot of fun gameplay was lost, and I have decided to combine a few gameplays into 1 game."

Yes, mate. I know that this is some sort of stealing, but I loooooove(d) pyramid escape. I think that I'll get some ideas from it, but I'll try to make this fun as much as it is possible.

6. Dark Soul

Dark Soul

Resources:
    Resources:
    Haha, pyramid escape is awesome.. >.< lookin forward to this!

7. X-OMG-X

X-OMG-X

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Looks nice so far. Good luck.

8. KelThuzad