• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Minigame] Escape the Ritual Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Map Description:

Escape the Ritual is a puzzle game that is inspired by "The Impossible Map". This game is made with the purpose of driving players insane. Players must have patience in order to win the game.
The gameplay is adapted from the puzzle platformer game "Mr. Karoshi", but with a change in storyline. Unlike most games, the objective of this game is to kill yourself.

Introduction:

You are about to be sacrificed in a ritual without a choice, and you hate rituals. So you decided to suicide in order to escape the ritual...

Gameplay:

The objective of this game is to escape the ritual by killing yourself. However, it isn't that easy.
There is a necromancer who will revive you each time you die. The only way to successfully escape the ritual is to die multiple times so that the necromancer runs out of mana to revive you.
In each stage, there is only one way to kill yourself, which you have to find. Once you have completed a stage, you will proceed to the next stage, often with a higher difficulty.
Note that the only way to lose the game is by quitting.

Features:

- 8 awesome stages (Beta version)
- Gameplay of approximately 45 minutes. Shorter if you are smart :D

Some other stuffs:

If you are stuck at a certain stage, do not give up yet. You can type "-hint" and help will come.

Screenshots:

236901-albums8598-picture104431.jpg
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/236901-albums8598-picture104431.jpg

236901-albums8598-picture104430.jpg
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/236901-albums8598-picture104430.jpg

236901-albums8598-picture104432.jpg
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/236901-albums8598-picture104432.jpg

Credits:

Gameplay adapted from the puzzle platformer game "Mr. Karoshi", with a change in storyline.
Others: Main Character's name and ability adapted from DotA.
Map made by N0t 4 No_Ob

Changelog v1.0
- Released in map development.
Changelog v1.1
- Added 2 new stages.
- Minor sound and text message changes.
- Varied terrain height.
- Reduced Pudge's inventory slot to 1.
- Made Dune Worm selectable.
- Added a text message and ping action when levers are activated.
- Changed the model of moonstone.
- Changed moonstone to automatically used when acquired.
- Changed the name of the lever in stage 5.
- Edited the hint provided in stage 5.
Changelog v1.2
- Added a new stage.
- Added a few sound effects.
- Added item drops for some destructibles.
- Added some doodads and made some terrain changes.
- Replaced dune worms with rats.
- Changed the model of the rune in stage 1.
- Edited the position of ghouls in stage 6.
- Edited the hint provided in stage 6.

Author's notes:
- The map has a small file size as there are no imports and Map is optimized.
- The map is protected to prevent people from copying my work or add cheats to my map.
- If you want to look for solutions to a certain stage, leave a comment using Spoiler Tags.
- As this is a Beta version, there are limited stages. I will add more in my later versions. So if you have any suggestions, feel free to pm me. I'll credit you of course.
- If there are any bugs, please let me know so i can fix it.
Thank You and have fun.

Yours,
N0t 4 No_Ob

Attachments

• Escape the Ritual Beta v1.2.w3x
    38.7 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Level 3
Sounds really funny but you should work on the terrain. It looks kind of bad. I can' test the map az the moment but is there any replay value? Or will the ways to die always stay tricky?
I guess the terrain is not that important since the gameplay is of focus. I'm actually very bad at making terrain by the way. Would be really grateful if someone could help me...
The ways to die are completely different for every stage and of course, interesting and difficult at the same time.
Have updated the map! Added 2 new stages.

Level 3
Hmm...
Sounds interesting.

P.S. The third scenario is very hard... help...

I don't know how to solve it, even with the hint...
I tried to find the answers by looking into your map in WE but you protected it :( So sad

HEHE... This is the response I wanted xD. Anyways, since you are only at the third stage and is stuck, let me help you so that you can play the other stages.

There are four sections of the code. Read the code backwards for the first section, then the next, till the last, in one shot. Then just put a space in between words, and you can get your answer.
Updated!

Level 3
The fourth stage...

I don't get the hint! Help!
I have attacked the Teal-colored skeleton and the other one facing east a lot of times, but still, nothing happens!

Odd one out as in the one that is not even a skeletal mage. He is the frog!! :D Hiding at the top left corner of the map. Just left-click on him multiple times to irritate him, then see what happens.

Edit: You seem to be stuck at many stages. Is the hint too useless perhaps?

Odd one out as in the one that is not even a skeletal mage. He is the frog!! :D Hiding at the top left corner of the map. Just left-click on him multiple times to irritate him, then see what happens.

Edit: You seem to be stuck at many stages. Is the hint too useless perhaps?

Oh, I see!

Yep, the hints aren't too helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.