• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Modelpack] Skins and Models - Lighting and Modern Objects

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since many people requested this and it will most likely be a present for the terrainers, here it is, the Modern Model Pack, made by WindexIsBack and Frictional Games.

Original thread on TheHelper.net: http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=100074

The pack is made by WindexIsBack, not me. Since TheHelper.net doesn't have it uploaded anymore and it is very useful for both modding and terraining, I managed to do so.

Credits to WindexIsBack and Frictional Games (http://www.frictionalgames.com/).

Quote from WindexIsBack:
Sole credits go to Frictional Games for letting me use their textures in this package. I highly recommend everyone checking their horror genre "Penumbra" out. Well worth the money.
www.FrictionalGames.com

This model package is meant to supply a high quality, massive, collection of self-made models perfect for creating that eerie inside you’ve always dream of.
Best of all - this model package is only 2.4mb for over 1,000 models and textures.

To my knowledge, nothing like this exists in wc3. The sheer number, and quality of objects at your disposal is unheard of for a game that is playable on bnet. The lighting amplifies the packs quality by tenfold - easily amazing people who have never seen it before.

Here is a small example of what this model pack is capable of. Every picture was taken inside the world editor! And this is just a glimpse of what you get. Dozens of other wall types, objects, and floors await.

improved02ch3.jpg

improved04do3.jpg

improved01br3.jpg

improved05us7.jpg

improved06ir1.jpg

improved08wn2.jpg

improved10hv0.jpg

improved11gp8.jpg

pic07fl5.jpg

improved12ms9.jpg

If you aren’t wowed yet, here is a small list of features in this package..
-A map with all* imports already assigned and sized
-Over 1,000 imports*
-Textures in TGA format. Some not used
-Modified light environment - giving you pitch blackness’s in the world editor
-Custom script for disabling default lighting ingame

The model package can be used in a wide range of games - from action shooters, survivals, small scale rts, to even single player campaigns! I’ve seen this used as caves, as offices attached to the outside, to even a res-evil style game. Not sure what happened to those though..

FAQ
Alright, what’s the catch?
Nothing is animated. Beyond that, nothing.

So what exactly is in this?
Many, many things. 75+ different kinds of walls, wooden boards, floors, columns, refrigerators, appliances, beds, lights, cord, pipes, you name it. To be honest, I wish I had used less walls and made more objects, but the current list allows almost anything that comes to your head make able.

Do I have to give credit?
To me? No. But if you want, give credit to this model pack.
However, you MUST credit Frictional Games. The vast majority of their textures from Penumbra are in this - with their permission of course.
It is extremely illegal to claim you made this model package. But you don’t have to credit me.

2.4mb? You’re kidding?
Nope, not at all. Check yourself! (2.4mb did not exclude the map size, which probably adds 200kb to it)

So if you’ve ever had the nagging idea of a modern style game, here is your chance. With just a small amount of experience, you can absolutely stun bnetters. Run with it, show us what you can do.

*Map has 957 imports, folders have over 1,000. Oups!

I have performed no changed at the uploaded file; everything is just as pure as it was, when the file was downloaded.

Link:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=hs15g5
(link no longer valid, please use attachment)

Attachments

• Warcraft 3 Lighting and Modern-Objects Package.rar
    9.2 MB · Views: 353
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.