• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lighting and Modern objects [Model Package]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
modernlightinget9.jpg
Sole credits go to Frictional Games for letting me use their textures in this package. I highly recommend everyone checking their horror genre "Penumbra" out. Well worth the money.
www.FrictionalGames.com

This model package is meant to supply a high quality, massive, collection of self-made models perfect for creating that eerie inside you’ve always dream of.
Best of all - this model package is only 2.4mb for over 1,000 models and textures.

To my knowledge, nothing like this exists in wc3. The sheer number, and quality of objects at your disposal is unheard of for a game that is playable on bnet. The lighting amplifies the packs quality by tenfold - easily amazing people who have never seen it before.

Here is a small example of what this model pack is capable of. Every picture was taken inside the world editor! And this is just a glimpse of what you get. Dozens of other wall types, objects, and floors await.

Small Note: many images were run through photoshop ONLY to increase gamma. If they are too bright, contact me.

An overhead view of a map I made.
improved01br3.jpg

A room with emergency lighting - one of my favorite ones.
improved02ch3.jpg

A bedroom - The model pack also includes a small set of creepy pictures.
improved03cm2.jpg

A scene where survivors bravely fought before retreating up the ladder
improved04do3.jpg

A close-up of one of the pipes, and how well textured it can be.
improved05us7.jpg

A demo scene. You'll see an updated picture of it later.
improved06ir1.jpg

A bathroom - I wonder what kicked the door down..
improved07of3.jpg

A locker room of sorts. Looked like a struggle..
improved08wn2.jpg

One of the many offices. Still smells of burritos..
improved09jf4.jpg

A rotting, dank hallway in an underground mine.
improved10hv0.jpg

These next 3 show the major impact lighting has on the game.
improved11gp8.jpg

pic06tf2.jpg

pic07fl5.jpg

Another comparison picture.
improved12ms9.jpg

pic08bs3.jpg

If you aren’t wowed yet, here is a small list of features in this package..
-A map with all* imports already assigned and sized
-Over 1,000 imports*
-Textures in TGA format. Some not used
-Modified light environment - giving you pitch blackness’s in the world editor
-Custom script for disabling default lighting ingame

The model package can be used in a wide range of games - from action shooters, survivals, small scale rts, to even single player campaigns! I’ve seen this used as caves, as offices attached to the outside, to even a res-evil style game. Not sure what happened to those though..

FAQ
Alright, what’s the catch?
Nothing is animated. Beyond that, nothing.

So what exactly is in this?
Many, many things. 75+ different kinds of walls, wooden boards, floors, columns, refrigerators, appliances, beds, lights, cord, pipes, you name it. To be honest, I wish I had used less walls and made more objects, but the current list allows almost anything that comes to your head make able.

Do I have to give credit?
To me? No. But if you want, give credit to this model pack.
However, you MUST credit Frictional Games. The vast majority of their textures from Penumbra are in this - with their permission of course.
It is extremely illegal to claim you made this model package. But you don’t have to credit me.

2.4mb? You’re kidding?
Nope, not at all. Check yourself! (2.4mb did not exclude the map size, which probably adds 200kb to it)

So if you’ve ever had the nagging idea of a modern style game, here is your chance. With just a small amount of experience, you can absolutely stun bnetters. Run with it, show us what you can do.

*Map has 957 imports, folders have over 1,000. Oups!

MODS & READERS: HELP IMPROVE THIS THREAD. SUGGEST HOW THIS THREAD CAN BE IMPROVED
I also refuse to remove the extra readmes; it's just lonely.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 12
This is truly awesome, up there with...uhhh... that other really awesome model pack (Ive been away for too long >.<)

One problem, wrong section. Upload this in the model packs section and expect a mod to come delete/move this and at least two noobs to flame.

Level 6
One problem, wrong section. Upload this in the model packs section and expect a mod to come delete/move this and at least two noobs to flame.

I'm sorry, I was under the impression that this forum was for developing projects. This is a developing project; I plan to make more models for this and improve others.
Map Development Talk about your developing projects. Release beta tests and get useful feedback before the final release. Maps should be attached to your post.

Level 6
Both the links work for me... wierd.

If anyone else has tried these out, have you been able to get rid of the red thing around the light models? I tried what he said to do in the triggers but I still cant get it =/

Oups!! I forgot to add it! (The tga is there, just not hte blp)

let me make it!

And I can't attach it here because they don't allow uploads more than several mb big.

EDIT: Added the fully transparent light image.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=34291&stc=1&d=1217376682

Attachments

• LIGHT_Cover_Transparent.blp
    1.3 KB · Views: 635
Level 12
Hey I think that your blood models really need to be relooked at and changed to be more... bloody. Two of them have bright orange red in it, which looks bad, one (which I spam because its the best puddle of blood) is pink, which imo needs to be darkened up. The one that is like blood spatter is good. Also, the blood on the walls is black, or so it appears on my WE. Is that a bug or something?

Level 6
I know I know, I'm going to edit the blood tga in batch 2.5
The wall blood is black because somehow it's tinted to zero. Check the object editor to fix it.

You should be able to tint the blood to the level of black you need btw

Level 8
Everything sounded good, but 2 things bothered me.
A. Using Textures from the other games, I don't know if you got permission or not, but that bothers me.

B. TGA's? Those are unnecessarly Huge skin files, Optimize the files to 80% blps so theres not much quality loss, and we can use more of the models all in one playing Multiplayer map.

Great job tho, I Praise you on your efforts.
-Calvin

Level 6
A. Using Textures from the other games, I don't know if you got permission or not, but that bothers me.
I have full permission from the Frictional Games to use any content within their game in any other game engine as long as no profits are gained and credit is given.
http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/8451/creditsproofwk9.jpg

B. TGA's? Those are unnecessarly Huge skin files, Optimize the files to 80% blps so theres not much quality loss, and we can use more of the models all in one playing Multiplayer map.
The current size of the map with all imports is 2.1mb
That's not too bad considering there are over 800 files =/
The max resolution on any texture is 64x64 Nothing higher than that.

Level 8
I have full permission from the Frictional Games to use any content within their game in any other game engine as long as no profits are gained and credit is given.
http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/8451/creditsproofwk9.jpg

The current size of the map with all imports is 2.1mb
That's not too bad considering there are over 800 files =/
The max resolution on any texture is 64x64 Nothing higher than that.

I Just downloaded and Tried out,
the reason they are so small is because everything is already compressed [Passed 80% so they look somewhat bad] and are .blp's.
I Thought you had the models using the Tga's as there skins but I was wrong, anyways Great job.
-Calvin

Level 6
Due to concerns with my team, batch 2.5 will be kept private until all members on my mapping team can agree to release them.

However, models requested here will be made public once made instead of going through a waiting phrase.
Aka: Request some models!

Level 8
Lmao, xD
Your just begging to make some models, well, I do have a request,
Guns, Just, more gun types like the one Talon The Mage did, using the Marine skin, They could double as doodads and attachments.
You could do Maybe another sniper rifle, a P90, and a few other guns, at your discretion.
If I can come up with more, I'll Tell ya. =]

Level 6
Guns will be batch 4.0 (inventory items, fortifications, weapons, ect)
Batch 3.0 will be animations.
And batch 5.0 will be ingame-movie object items. An example would be the maps letters with a light going across, while tinting the letters to create a 'bloom' like effect.

Level 12
Hey WindexGlow, do you think you could obtain some textures for like dirt and sand and stuff from your source andimport them into your map? I was looking outside and I was just thinking of things I would like to do with your pack that would be cool to do that I cant. Just an idea.

Level 3
Great looking textures, even when used with ambient lighting in my opinion. Although that megadownload thing is such a hassle, but I guess there wasn't a way to post it here so w/e

+ rep for the awesome package

Level 6
Hey WindexGlow, do you think you could obtain some textures for like dirt and sand and stuff from your source andimport them into your map? I was looking outside and I was just thinking of things I would like to do with your pack that would be cool to do that I cant. Just an idea.

The package is meant for completely inside; however if you'll notice there are soem un-finished dust textures ;-)

I'm not allowed to say what Part Two of the map project will take place at.

Level 13
ok thats fine just tell me when you do it plz also do you have any puddles in the pack?

also alittle complaint some of the models arnt centered ( the couch sink counter) is what i saw so far just think u8 should know

Last edited:
Level 6
Bump; If I don't get called in for work after school I'll be able to get Batch 2.5 here.
However, after that this model package will no longer be in the works. There is something else, rather similar now in the works because of it ;)

Level 8
Bump; If I don't get called in for work after school I'll be able to get Batch 2.5 here.
However, after that this model package will no longer be in the works. There is something else, rather similar now in the works because of it ;)

Aww...
Was looking forward to the guns, =P
I Hope this similar thing will include them, Anyways Great Job, and Good to hear. =]

Level 6
The pack will have the same..motive as this one; allow users to create an environment with only custom objects, close to it.
I can't say much about the new package since last time I did, my team erupted in an orgasm of fury.

EDIT: Oh yes, I have 2.5 rarred and ready to go. Updated first post to include pictures.
At the moment I am waiting on TheHelper.net giving me more upload space to upload the package. However, if a mod here is willing to you can give me more upload space and I will give credit to this site for upload space.

Level 6
Updated first post.
Batch 2.5 is here! Among it is 150+ new models and textures (mostly the models) that further add to a scenes complexity.

But, comes the sad news. This model package is no longer in development so you will have to deal with some models being..amateurish.

However, as I said before there is a very similar package set in a different environment in the works.

Last edited:
Level 6
Bump.

You'll probably notice that batch 2.5 models are not in the bottom half of the map; but they are in the brush list. This is a minor issue so I won't devote an hour to 'fixing' it.
It will take several minutes of your time, not long.

Remember, the total map size is only 2.5mb!!

Level 6
Bump. If a mod would like to, he can move this to model packages if no other complaints are here.

Eventually I'll organize the front page..

Level 6
heh, I'm making a new model package already - much better than this. (while this will have it's advantages over the new one, the new one offers much more flexibility)

Status
Not open for further replies.