• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Signatures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Anyways, please refrain from the silly incendiary remarks all of you, they help no one and only hurt the readability and primary discussion of the topic.

jesus fucking christ people it's a damn signature

and no I won't make a greasemonkey script for it. Go make your own.

Capture-62.png

Although I agree that sigs should have a max-height instead of a fixed height.

Level 11
I guess I won't bother replying to your second statement, I'd probably lower myself to a level where you have more experience.

It's not an incendiary statement. You should look up the definition of the phrase first before commenting. Here, I'll do it for you;

shit bricks/a brick
To become extremely worried or frightened.

That's a real flame isn't it?

Anyways, please refrain from the silly incendiary remarks all of you, they help no one and only hurt the readability and primary discussion of the topic.

See above. Sadly, I don't see the serious discussion that you do. It boils down to you bringing up valid points which no one bothers to really refute (with an exception here or there), and people saying "it's fine who cares."

Level 17
Wow.

You people are getting way too serious over something as insignificant as signatures. Some users use them as useful links to their resources, some users use them meaninglessly to diversify themselves from other users. And signature image sizes are fine the way they are. Karawasa, you seem to be the only one troubled by the image sizes. No one really cares, lol.

Level 14
Steel_Stallion said:
You people are getting way too serious over something as insignificant as signatures.
Here are some other things that are 'insignificant': reputation, the icon next to your name for banned users, and the site style. Guess what? All of those things get discussed regularly on the basis of aesthetics. Do you know what that makes them to people who like sites looking pretty? Significant.
Karawasa said:
See above.
Saying something benign in a way so that its connotation is just as negative as that of name-calling is in essence as bad as name-calling. Either way, though, enough.

Anyways, with the capacity for users to hide signatures in their profile, there remains even less of a reason to not increase the maximum signature size by roughly 10%.

Level 17
Wasn't this whole topic just stating that somewhere or another it claims you're allowed so many pixels, but in the end some of them get butchered off? I made an inquiry about that before when I actually gave a damn what filled the space between my post and the next guy.

But earning signatures is an excellent idea... 100 or 150 rep to have a signature sounds fair o_O Or at least earning the rights to have them by showing you're a good member... Which at that point you should have a decent amount of rep anywho so...

People with avatars manage to stretch their post to about 10 to 15 lines so...

Level 17
Here are some other things that are 'insignificant': reputation, the icon next to your name for banned users, and the site style. Guess what? All of those things get discussed regularly on the basis of aesthetics. Do you know what that makes them to people who like sites looking pretty? Significant.

See, you're just being aggressive towards other people for some reason. What's the point in quoting me and attacking something that doesn't really help the issue at hand in any way? You need to take a chill pill and relax. People like these aesthetics because we don't care about your "privilege" and "earn the right" bullshit, we like shiny colors and flashy signatures and most of the site is damn satisfied with them currently AFAIK.

Level 14
Steel_Stallion said:
What's the point in quoting me and attacking something that doesn't really help the issue at hand in any way?
Because you set up a straw man that the point I was making was insignificant and therefore should not be considered. Furthermore, you are currently employing an ad hominem argument to make the way I post appear as an attack upon you in order to discredit my stance on the matter.
Steel_Stallion said:
People like these aesthetics because we don't care about your "privilege" and "earn the right" bullshit, we like shiny colors and flashy signatures and most of the site is damn satisfied with them currently AFAIK.
Of course they are, but appealing to popularity does not make the conclusion that they could be improved false.

Now please, don't be so angry or frustrated, if you have a serious argument in opposition to my suggestion, I'm more than welcome to hear it.

Level 11
@Rising_Dusk: You're wasting your time. I came to this conclusion a bit ago, hence my blatant disregard for this thread that I started. At least we have a place where logic comes first (Wc3C). I appreciate your valiant effort in this thread, but you're against unspeakable odds (odds is an euphemism).

Level 14
I love WC3C and it's my home and all, but I wouldn't be posting here if I didn't feel that I could seriously improve the website. I need only for the people in charge to listen to me and for the others that aren't to understand me.

Level 11
I love WC3C and it's my home and all, but I wouldn't be posting here if I didn't feel that I could seriously improve the website. I need only for the people in charge to listen to me and for the others that aren't to understand me.

I edited my post to heap on a little more praise for you. At any rate, that isn't happening. The people in charge who have shown themselves consider anything over 32x32 large, and the people who aren't simply think improvements can't be made.

Level 14
This is driving slightly off-topic. Regardless, I feel that I've made my case as effectively as possible and don't particularly want to have to repeatedly explain my points again and again. Please, staff, consider the presented arguments and base your decision on sound logic. That's the last I'll say on the matter.

Level 27
and no I won't make a greasemonkey script for it. Go make your own.
I just now noticed your signature is juuust cut off.
I need only for the people in charge to listen to me and for the others that aren't to understand me.
I only need a sane development environment to work in.
"How is this possible?"
You may want to ask.
I'll give you a hint:
It is not my position.
It is not my privilege.
Anyone can do it.
They need only realize,
It is merely a signature.

Sincerely,
Hakeem​

Level 11
Kaitech, a rep-to-signature system would be a horrible idea as it is unfair to both those with low rep (low rep does not mean stupid) and not representative of those with high rep (high rep does not mean even half intelligent).

Ok, then simply have a more strict policy regarding signatures. Increase the size a little as has been asked, and then disable signatures for those who do stupid shit (like the guy advertising $5 surveys).

I just made my sig, and I had to resize it, took, 2 minutes?

Just resize them and get on with life, it REALLY doesn't matter.

Way to miss the point.

Level 11
I don't see anything other that someone being unhappy because and image they want is 20 pixels to tall.

Just seems like complaining for no reason to me.

Can you admit that your previous response contributed nothing productive to this thread?

The image being cut-off is what prompted this, yes. However, it goes beyond that. I don't see a reason for signatures to be capped at such a small height, unless the administration simply doesn't trust the user-base (which would be reasonable). If that is the case, there are better ways of dealing with this distrust.

Level 10
If enough crazy posts go by, maybe they will close the thread, :thumbs_up:

But really, what is the point of complaining about the signiture size being to small. There is no reason to complain... Just a waste of time.

It is their site, if you want it different, make your own.

Case closed.

Level 11
If enough crazy posts go by, maybe they will close the thread, :thumbs_up:

But really, what is the point of complaining about the signiture size being to small. There is no reason to complain... Just a waste of time.

It is their site, if you want it different, make your own.

Case closed.

I have made my own site, thank you very much. You're right, it is their site but that doesn't stop one from trying to suggest improvements. If they decide against it, that is absolutely their right. You seem to be of the type that just likes to preserve the status quo for no apparent reason.

Level 10
I have made my own site, thank you very much. You're right, it is their site but that doesn't stop one from trying to suggest improvements. If they decide against it, that is absolutely their right. You seem to be of the type that just likes to preserve the status quo for no apparent reason.

I just don't understand why people complain about things that are not bad/broken/hindering, or anything of the sort.

Level 12
I just don't understand why people complain about things that are not bad/broken/hindering, or anything of the sort.

I like the idea of complaining the site's authority on policies that we think does not rationally work.

And if you'd ask, I did complain in wc3c about their policy on overly excessive criticisms for map submission, and ask me what happened?

CG reported me to Vexorian for pollution and he ip banned me. Didn't even think he spend a minute on a map.

Well that was the case, I hope in THW they don't ban you ppls for pollution.

Level 20
DoOs_101 said:
I did complain in wc3c about their policy on overly excessive criticisms for map submission
lol

Anyway, I think this is such a ridiculous idea that it could be done, except it's so insignificant it wouldn't even make much of a difference. I for one think that signatures aren't really effective advertising methods. I mean, I've never actually clicked a map in someone's sig just to try it out, and if I felt like getting a specific map, I'd search for it specifically.

Whatever, I this issue is just so tiny that it wouldn't change anything if it were accepted or not. Disabled signatures <3

Level 3
I like the idea of complaining the site's authority on policies that we think does not rationally work.
And if the complaints held themselves to the same standard of rationality that you feel the policies lack then it would indeed be a wonderful idea. But this thread is full of question-begging and misguided references to informal fallacies, my favorite being the post where Dusk cites straw man, ad hominem and ad populum arguments and gets them all wrong. It's really quite laughable what was being passed off as "logic" here.

CG reported me to Vexorian for pollution and he ip banned me. Didn't even think he spend a minute on a map.
I doubt Vexorian banned you for something so innocuous. Either the ban came from someone else or you did a lot more than you're letting on.

Level 3
His uses were not correct. I've studied philosophy as a Ph.D. student. I've taught these same basic logical appeals and fallacies at the university level in courses with rhetoric, argumentation and critical thinking components for the last four years. I know what I'm talking about.

Level 12
And if the complaints held themselves to the same standard of rationality that you feel the policies lack then it would indeed be a wonderful idea. But this thread is full of question-begging and misguided references to informal fallacies, my favorite being the post where Dusk cites straw man, ad hominem and ad populum arguments and gets them all wrong. It's really quite laughable what was being passed off as "logic" here.

I doubt Vexorian banned you for something so innocuous. Either the ban came from someone else or you did a lot more than you're letting on.

Dude I was being sarcastic to anyone here whos a wc3c lover...

Status
Not open for further replies.