• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Show Image Over Units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Hi guys.

I have read a few tutorials about images but they are not exacly whay I want.
The images are shown below the units and flat on the terrain.
I want a floating image that is displayed over everything else.

I know that not everything is possible with the WE but I have seen it in ToB (Tides of Blood)

Every hero in Tides of Blood has an ability "Bloodbath". That ability uses blood gained by killing, casting, etc.
The point is that under the hero, there is a bar which displays the percentage of blood you have.

I want to know how to get something work like that.
Here is an image of the hero and his bloodbar.

I have tried deprotecting the map but I cannot see the triggers.
(With all respect, I will never USE someone else's map or anything for bad reasons.)

Can anyone enlighten me with any information?

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 33
I have tried deprotecting the map but I cannot see the triggers.
By all means, it's illegal. What do you think if the author accidentally comes here and read your post? Protecting map means the author indirectly has and wants a copyright of his/her resource, you have no right to break through and steal even the cheapest thing.

This time I will let it go and try to help you instead.

Link to the image above is broken. But I assume they are not using floating images but bar models. But they need special trigger to handle (try this one).

Always remember about copyright. I can't prohibit you to do it after all. It's just a matter of personality.

Level 24
Link to the image above is broken.
... I am sorry but for me it is perfectly working.
But in fact, they actually use that one.
Is there any way to have it without vJASS?
I some kind of cannot install vJASS in my editor or the tutorial that shows how to "install" it, doesn't show how to install it.

About the copyright thing... I do understand your point of view but if you read rules about copyright, I can use something that someone uses in his project that is copyright protected, but the maker, who is someone else, does allow other people to use it.

Therefor deprotecting is in law allowed. I know it sounds weird but it is true.

By all means, it's illegal. you have no right to break through and steal even the cheapest thing.
So it is not stealing because it isn't his and the one who made it, does allow others to use it. It is just a matter of how good we are able to find what it is and what it is called.

Level 23
instal JNGP 2.0, it has newest JassHelper made by both Vexorian and Cohadar, so you can compile any vJass code that is valid(all libraries on hive should be valid, if they are not, report the compilation problem to the owner)

Level 24
I did everything that this said. (with exception of cJASS)
But whenever I make some vJASS code, the game won't start and tells me that I have a syntax error.

Also opening a map (that someone else made in vJASS) and even only placing a single unit in it (which tells the editor to recompile the map) will crash the game when I press test.

Conclusion: vJASS is NOT installed!

Level 24
This is all I can do with JassHelper:
uAnsDtZ.jpg

Level 24
Then there is something wrong. Read this + next posts: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...98/war-1-road-system-help-258912/#post2608929

He had the same problem- Then he reinstalled JNGP, and it worked for him. Maybe you can also ask him.

I guess that "this" should be a link... the road system thread had the same problem but when he reinstalled JNGP, it was fixed... I did that 6 times now -_-
Every time I do that, I do have a problem with wehack.lua
This seems a very commong problem but as a solution, I replace some files and that might be the problem I have.
I dont think so though, because there are so many that had problems with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.