• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Abilities on Mirror Images?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
There was someone who noticed the problem apparently of mirror images doing feedback on other units and hurting their mana and hp. His solution which he was trying to figure out was to remove the feedback from the mirror images.

While i made a trigger to get rid of the feedback skill for him I noticed a couple different things. One is just some stuff about feedback which I forgot about since it's not really very interesting.

Another thing I noticed is that it doesn't seem like you can add abilities to mirror images, and you can't seem to let mirror images have any abilities but passives. Normally they wouldn't be able to have an aura, but you can go into gameplay constants and let illusions bestow auras and then they can have those too. Since they are also passives. But you can't give an ability to one of these images with that add ability action, whether it's a passive or not. The only way you can give abilities to images is if the original of the copies has the abilities, and then only if it's a passive.

You see I wanted to have mirror images that were more realistic. Like for example, having a mirror image be able to windwalk would be fun. But I can't figure out how to do it. I wish there were a gameplay constant that you could toggle on to allow illusions to use spells or something like that. But there isn't one.

Does anyone know or can figure out how to make it so an illusion, preferably from the mirror image spell can use spells? Or should we give up and make a unit that acts like it is an image/illusion? I'm guessing that would be the best solution. And if we're going to do that, any ideas on how to make the modified mirror image spell? My first guess would be to replace the images with the new units, and then put a remove timer thing on them, instead of their typical duration.

Level 13
oh...are you talking about ways to make images look more like the original? yeah that's something to consider, for sure. actually i don't think you'd need to make berserk do nothing because the image doesn't do damage anyway. or do you mean letting an image cast a spell being berserk without doing actual berserk? hmm. i don't know that we have to take the spell casting for images that far exactly. next thing you know we'll be throwing in thunderclaps that aren't doing damage or slowing...and who knows what next. but that's not really bad ideas i guess.

oh yeah you might've been referring to the size change that happens with berserk. oh yeah that's definitely something to think about. at any rate you can also toggle on the autocast on illusions in the gameplay constants although it's not really a big deal, it's worth noting for sure.

Level 13
oh right, of course. you were referring to another way to make them take extra damage. actually the problem with your suggestion is that the clones would have to be forced to cast it and then that would give away who the clones are. or maybe not. still, it would be alot of editing. definitely worth it to check it out though.

Status
Not open for further replies.