• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Chanelling Mirror Image Ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I would like to make a spell that creates mirror images of the caster, and is chanelling, and when the chaneller stop casting the images die. The current problem I'm having is that I don't know how to store mirror images as variables. Are they considered summoned units? Anyway, how do you store mirror images as variables if you can.

Level 6
Well what I'm asking is how you set a mirror immage to a variable so you're really just restating my question as an answer, so how do u set a mirror image to a variable, set MIRRORUNIT = (Summoned Unit) or what?

Level 40
Allright, this solution assumes that Mirror Images are the same unit type as their caster

Assuming this is true, pick every unit withing 500 of Position of Triggering Unit (<-- clean up this leak) Matching Matching Unit not equal to Triggering Unit

If you ONLY will have your hero [plus images] (eg, for some AoS games) then you can just pick all non-triggering unit Units for Owner of Triggering Unit.

Level 6
K thx, I didn't know that mirror images had a unit type so that was my problem :p, btw is it laggier in game if u put (units in playable map area mathcing condition) than (units within 500 range of POINT)?

Level 11
Mirror images count as ILLUSIONS.
Make a trigger with the event Unit enters Playable map area.
Cond:
Unit-type of TriggeringUnit == Hero
Triggering Unit is an Illusion == true
Action:
Add TriggeringUnit to MI_Group_var

You could have an other trigger that registers spellcasts, store the caster to a variable, then turn on the first trigger. Wait 1 sec, then turn it off.

I think this should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.