• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mirror Images Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi everyone, first post in this forum!(u care, right?)

Anywayz, I am having problems with the mirror image spell in customizing it. I find it very restrictive a spell: I can't add abilities to mirror images and I can't figure out how to trigger events regarding mirror images(for e.x. mirror image dies or mirror images equal to 5).
Does anyone know a way around this? Or a way to emulate mirror image with triggers?

Level 11
To add abilities to mirror imaged units you would technically have to use the Storm Earth and Fire ability and have the casting unit as the unit type. Unfortunately this is not a very reliable way.

To check a mirror image dying you have to check if dying unit is an illusion... That again unfortunately, would affect units with Wand of Illusions too. Another way to do it would be to check if an unit is attacked, and that unit has Mirror Image buff, wait 3 seconds and check if that unit is dead. And if it, voila, you've done!

What do you mean by Mirror Images equal to 5? That's a thing you can't really get. Perhaps only by checking number of images every 0.01 seconds. Two units can't really Mirror Image EXACTLY at the same time.

~Daelin

Level 1
Thnx Daelin, that was very helpful.

I was thinking, conserning number of existing mirror images, of having a variable that equals to max number of mirror images everytime the caster uses the ability and be reduced by 1 everytime a mirror image dies.

I'd also like for my mirror image ability to NOT dispell any buffs from the caster, is that possible?

Thnx again..

Status
Not open for further replies.