• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Chanel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
hey guys, i need to know how to stop the effect of a trigger when the caster stops chaneling an ability...for example, lets say i based something off Death and decay, and it would create random frost novas in random spots in the area of effect, and this ability is a chanelling ability, so if they stop casting...the effect goes away, so basically if the caster stops castingn...the trigger turns off.

Level 11
Well, you need three triggers. Didn't you make channeling spells before? You can't really make the MUI because you need to keep the caster in a variable. Since the Basics of Trigger Enchancing tutorial is pretty long, I'll give a brief presentation.

Ok, the first trigger is the classic which activates when an unit starts casting the channeling, keep the casting unit in the varaible, and turns on the second trigger.

The second trigger is the effect itself. It is initially off, and it takes place every x seconds, doing the actions of the ability.

The third trigger activates when an unit stops casting the channeling ability, turns off the second trigger and sets the caster variable to (no unit).

~Daelin

Level 5
ok, first i need to understand something...when u say keep the caster in a variable...do u mean Caster = Casting Unit? thats all i need to know, but thx a lot for the info :)

Status
Not open for further replies.