• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Should we petition Blizzard to push out a mini-patch increasing map size now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Blizzard is staying true to their soon™ policy of far release dates... should we run a petition to make Blizzard act on the filesize now™ instead of later™?

I mean, it's literally just changing a variable for them. No strings attached, And I'd say it's probably the most anticipated feature that Blizzard promised to us, so why keep us waiting on that?

So, yeah, maybe we can convince Blizzard to release a quick mini-patch, dealing with that issue asap?

Level 19
It is not as simple as changing a variable as they need to clone their last stable repository and modify the variable and set up a build process for that cloned repository and then make sure that the variable change makes it into the unstable branch.
god, I just imagine how many work that requires. Indeed, we have to wait another year to make it live.
seriously. it's not rocket science. code IS mess, but tweaking a freaking single var isn't big deal whatever the difference between branches are.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
[...] should we run a petition to make Blizzard act on the filesize now™ instead of later™?

imho, no.

[...] And I'd say it's probably the most anticipated feature that Blizzard promised to us, so why keep us waiting on that?

All good things will come in due time.

So, yeah, maybe we can convince Blizzard to release a quick mini-patch, dealing with that issue asap?

Does Blizzard consider it to be an issue in the first place ?

Level 14
It's not about the JNGP but a limit of Battle.net itself.
Right now you can go over the limit with a bypasser. Though, far from everyone is aware of it or is willing to install it.
Downloading the 8MB bypasser is actually extremely easy - it takes less than a minute.

Level 12
Imho no. We made proposals, even got their feedback that an increase is coming which is a rare thing, now we wait. Let them do it according to their release plans.

It's likely that the next big patch will contain it anyways.

Imho no. We made proposals, even got their feedback that an increase is coming which is a rare thing, now we wait. Let them do it according to their release plans.

It's likely that the next big patch will contain it anyways.
Not necessarily. They made it pretty clear that the next patch will be a balance patch for the chinese ladder community and that bugfixes will probably come later.

@Wareeditor: I know about the filesize mod; the problems with it are: everyone requires that mod, so it's not feasable if you care for bnet compat.

Status
Not open for further replies.