• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

SharpCraft: World Editor Extended

Status
Not open for further replies.

MindWorX

Tool Moderator
Level 20
hi how fix this error? ty
This isn't an error. You're using a version that doesn't need the Launch fixer. That's only for version 1.28 and 1.28.1. Send me the complete logs and I can try and help you.
i copy WE Extended in my war3 folder
WEX should not be placed inside your Warcraft III folder.

MindWorX

Tool Moderator
Level 20
it is my log help me ty .
Can you try right-clicking World Editor Extended.exe and select the option "Run as administrator".
The logs show it stopping around when it loads up DirectX 9, but it doesn't actually crash.
Also, try and use the Task Manager and make sure that worldedit.exe isn't running in the background already.

Level 9
What feature are you missing?
TESH doesn't work:

dsdsd-png.267342

EDIT: I'm using 1.28.1, previously I used the 1.27b.

Attachments

• dsdsd.png
    dsdsd.png
    56 KB · Views: 591
Level 9
This is a known problem because you are using non-english World Editor and TESH looks for the English "Trigger Editor" window. It will be fixed very soon, just need to put together a few things for the next update.
Maybe the problem is with your language, mine is working just fine.
I must clarify with the NewGen I did not have this issue.

Level 14
TESH doesn't work:

In both the old TESH and the new TESH you can configure the trigger editor search name (in your case Editor de detonadores): In the old TESH you can define that name in the TESH.conf file, in the new tesh in the trigger_editor_name.ini (located in tesh/config) file. For the new TESH put just your trigger editor name into that file (without any newlines).

If you use the new TESH just make sure that you use the latest version (which is 0.9.1) because Sharpcraft/WEX is supported only since this version.

Level 9
In both the old TESH and the new TESH you can configure the trigger editor search name (in your case Editor de detonadores): In the old TESH you can define that name in the TESH.conf file, in the new tesh in the trigger_editor_name.ini (located in tesh/config) file. For the new TESH put just your trigger editor name into that file (without any newlines).

If you use the new TESH just make sure that you use the latest version (which is 0.9.1) because Sharpcraft/WEX is supported only since this version.
Thank you, this new version is more efficient in every way; I thought you'd never update it lol

Couple of notes:
1. As of now, enabling wurst script just makes the map unsavelable. Any plans to make this fully functioning?
2. This is sort of just me being picky, but any chance this editor will support custom function completion?
ie, you have a function declared named test that takes an integer named i0,
when you type tes the popup suggests function test. When you click or press enter, the editor tells you about the paramter i0.

This might be the wrong place to post about this, because it is a TESH related issue...

Level 37
This is sort of just me being picky, but any chance this editor will support custom function completion?
ie, you have a function declared named test that takes an integer named i0,
when you type tes the popup suggests function test. When you click or press enter, the editor tells you about the paramter i0.
You will have to ask @looking_for_help for that feature as he is the one working on the TESH that comes with WEX. I believe people have brought it up in his development thread, and I recall him mentioning that it will be complicated to do.

Level 11
Hi,
I just found out about Sharpcraft WEX this week, and I was wondering if it would suit my needs as a non-confirmed map maker. Some features may be of interest for me, for example I would be happy to extend some limits such as doodads or tiles limits. However, I'm not an advanced user of WE (I know nothing about JASS for example), so here is my question: is WEX complicated to handle for a not-so-much-expert user like me? Will I still be able to use GUI triggers, campaign editor and some other vanilla WE standard functionalities? Is WEX quite the same than old WE but with more features, or is it a complete revamp designed only for very experienced badass map designers?
Thanks! :)

Level 11
That was a quick reply, thank you very much Chaosy!
Really looking forward to seeing the tiles limit changed though, since I can't make JNGP work even with a pre-1.28 update. Well, I'm already happy with the end of doodads limits. Anyway, WEX looks quite neat, perhaps it will be a good opportunity for me to start learning some JASS :p

Last edited:
Level 7
I have a problem, I've installed the last version of the 1,29 PATCH.

Now I've problems because the world editor doesn't recognize globals and structs

My code wasn't bugged before the installation, and then I got the followed error.

Same here, looks like WEX 0.1.3.0 is not yet fully compatible with Warcraft3 Patch 1.29.

Those are related to the addresses that weren’t updated to the lastest Warcraft build, please, check one of the latest posts of MindWorX on the thread to find the addresses.zip to get a the fix for those.

Level 7
Thank you for help. However, the solution should be pinned to the dl thread - any mod should be able to do it.
There are few threads related to both, WEX and patch 1.29. Don't expect every user to search for random zip file in order to get the tool work.
I asked MindWorX about that, see if he can put that in the download description.

Level 7
@Hotwer what but why? 1.29.1 isn't the current editor version or Battle.net version is it?
No, 1.29.1 is currently only in PTR (Play Test Realm - basically a beta version). I don't have the PTR version of the game, so I can't get the addresses working myself, that's why I'm waiting for 1.29.1 be official.

Status
Not open for further replies.