• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

SharpCraft World Editor Extended Bundle

SharpCraft WEX Bundle v0.1.3.1
World Editor Extended is the successor to the Jass NewGen Pack. It is updated to work with the newest editor and includes the main features that JNGP had.

To use this, simply use the SharpCraft.Launcher and launch the "Warcraft III - World Editor (WEX)" profile or use the included "World Editor Extended.exe" to launch it directly.

Keep in mind that this is a work in progress. There are still several features missing. Features will be added in as time allows it and as they are requested. Some features might never return because the original developers are gone.

SharpCraft can be discussed in the hosted project subforum.

Semi-Complete Feature List
  • JassHelper, a vJASS compiler, that replaces the internal world editor compiler completely. No more crashes from bad code and many more features through vJASS.
  • Trigger Editor Syntax Highlight (TESH), a code syntax highlighter for the Trigger Editor, that makes coding in JASS/vJASS a breeze.
  • Grimoire Extensions (Grimex), a library of tools that extend the functionality of vJASS giving it the ability to create new objects(units, items, etc.) and more.
  • Increased/Removed various limits, like the number of doodads, destructables and more.
  • Object Id dialog, that allows you to manually set the object id when creating a new object. Want to make a hero peasent? Just copy the peasent, and when the dialog asks, just change the first letter to upper case, and he's ready.

Changelog
Code:
v0.1.3.1
* Updated to WE 1.29.0
* Updated TESH function database to have new natives ( thanks to @Abovegame )
* Fixed crash with ObjectDataExtractor when it couldn't locate Java, instead it will simply disable itself silently.
* Attempted to shorten paths, to avoid crash due to long path names.

v0.1.3.0
* Updated to WE 1.29.0 PTR - This is very experimental and have been done hastily. It should work with vJass/Wurst and TESH. Other features have been removed since they're now included in the vanilla editor.

v0.1.2.9
* Updated to WE 1.28.5

v0.1.2.8
* Updated TESH, to fix a rare bug where it would crash the editor.
* Added WurstScript experimentally, use at your own risk. WEX will not keep the same update cycle as WurstScript, so you will have to update it manually if you encounter bugs.

v0.1.2.7
* Added fix for the File Importer.

v0.1.2.6
* Updated to WE 1.28.4
* Fixed up SharpCraft to work with new editor executable name.
* Fixed up WEX to work with new editor executable name.

v0.1.2.5
* Improved extended settings with -window and -opengl options.
* Included the option to launch with a special WEX profile. This does nothing yet, but will in the future.

v0.1.2.4
* Fixed window names for TESH so it works on all languages automatically.
* Added more no-limits features, like steep cliffs and a wider range of terrain heights.

v0.1.2.3
* Updated to WE 1.28.2
* Added support for -loadfile and other parameters directly.
* Replaced TESH with TESH 2.0
* Fixed various issues across versions, should work perfectly for all supported versions now.

v0.1.1.2
* Fixed issues with enabling disabled triggers with vJASS code or missing init function.
* Added menu entries for JassHelper.

v0.1.1.1
* Updated with support for WE 1.26 and 1.27b. !!THIS IS EXPERIMENTAL!!
* Fixed a mistake introduced last update that might've made things unstable.

v0.1.1.0
* Added fix for Test Map. You can now get back to mapping!
* Updated Extended Editor Settings (allow local files)

v0.1.0.2
* Updated to WE 1.28.1 (still works for 1.27b, 1.28)
* Fixed Extended Editor Settings for Increased Map Dimensions, so 480x480 maps are back on the menu!

v0.1.0.1
* Updated to WE 1.28 (still works for 1.27b)
* Updated Extended Editor Settings (increased map dimensions)
* Fixed up Grimex(ObjectMerger, etc.)
* Improved menus a bit and removed some unused stuff.
* Removed various stuff like all the default profiles and some stuff that shouldn't have been included.

v0.1.0.0
* Initial release.
* * JassHelper
* * Trigger Editor Syntax Highlight
* * Extended Editor Settings (nolimits, custom object id, etc.)

Known Issues
Version Status
  • 1.28.5 - Tested and fully supported.
  • 1.28.4 - Tested and fully supported.
  • 1.28.3 - Skipped!
  • 1.28.2 - Tested and fully supported.
  • 1.28.1 - Tested and fully supported.
  • 1.28.0 - Tested and fully supported.
  • 1.27.1 - Tested and fully supported.
  • 1.27.0 - Tested and fully supported.
  • 1.26.0 - Tested and fully supported.
Test Instructions (for those interested in helping)
  1. Start the Editor
  2. Create a new 480x480 map
  3. Test the map to make sure test map works
  4. Open the Trigger Editor, make sure TESH is present, and add the following custom script somewhere
    1. Script to add: //! external ObjectMerger
    2. Save the map and make sure it comes up with an error about ObjectMerger arguments
  5. Open the Object Editor and create an object, making sure the object id dialog pops up.
The SharpCraft WEX Bundle should not be redistributed! The Hive Workshop is the only official source for the SharpCraft WEX Bundle!
Contents

SharpCraft WEX Bundle (0.1.3.1) (Binary)

Reviews
StoPCampinGn00b
Approved. One of the best and most essential tools a Warcraft 3 modder can have. 5/5!
Level 25
It still crashes on Windows 7 and there is still no apply/close button for a profile in the GUI which is confusing (I have to close it on the X button). Here are the log files:
Code:
2017-09-18 12:38:27.329 +02:00 [SharpCraft.CLILauncher][0.1.0.1][Information] Loaded Profile { Name: "Warcraft III - The Frozen Throne (WEX)", Root: "E:\wc3tools\SharpCraft World Editor Extended Bundle\profiles\Warcraft III - The Frozen Throne (WEX)", PluginsDirectory: "E:\wc3tools\SharpCraft World Editor Extended Bundle\profiles\Warcraft III - The Frozen Throne (WEX)\plugins", TypeValue: "Blizzard.WarcraftIII.Game", Type: ProfileType { Name: "Blizzard.WarcraftIII.Game", FriendlyName: "Blizzard.WarcraftIII.Game" }, EnableSharpCraft: True, EnableDebug: False, EnableDiagnosticsDebug: False, FileName: "", Arguments: "", WorkingDirectory: "" }!
2017-09-18 12:38:27.417 +02:00 [SharpCraft.CLILauncher][0.1.0.1][Information] Loaded Profile { Name: "Warcraft III - World Editor (WEX)", Root: "E:\wc3tools\SharpCraft World Editor Extended Bundle\profiles\Warcraft III - World Editor (WEX)", PluginsDirectory: "E:\wc3tools\SharpCraft World Editor Extended Bundle\profiles\Warcraft III - World Editor (WEX)\plugins", TypeValue: "Blizzard.WarcraftIII.Editor", Type: ProfileType { Name: "Blizzard.WarcraftIII.Editor", FriendlyName: "Blizzard.WarcraftIII.Editor" }, EnableSharpCraft: True, EnableDebug: False, EnableDiagnosticsDebug: False, FileName: "E:\Warcraft III\World Editor.exe", Arguments: "", WorkingDirectory: "E:\Warcraft III" }!
2017-09-18 12:41:03.559 +02:00 [SharpCraft.CLILauncher][0.1.0.1][Information] Loaded Profile { Name: "Warcraft III - The Frozen Throne (WEX)", Root: "E:\wc3tools\SharpCraft World Editor Extended Bundle\profiles\Warcraft III - The Frozen Throne (WEX)", PluginsDirectory: "E:\wc3tools\SharpCraft World Editor Extended Bundle\profiles\Warcraft III - The Frozen Throne (WEX)\plugins", TypeValue: "Blizzard.WarcraftIII.Game", Type: ProfileType { Name: "Blizzard.WarcraftIII.Game", FriendlyName: "Blizzard.WarcraftIII.Game" }, EnableSharpCraft: True, EnableDebug: False, EnableDiagnosticsDebug: False, FileName: "", Arguments: "", WorkingDirectory: "" }!
2017-09-18 12:41:03.650 +02:00 [SharpCraft.CLILauncher][0.1.0.1][Information] Loaded Profile { Name: "Warcraft III - World Editor (WEX)", Root: "E:\wc3tools\SharpCraft World Editor Extended Bundle\profiles\Warcraft III - World Editor (WEX)", PluginsDirectory: "E:\wc3tools\SharpCraft World Editor Extended Bundle\profiles\Warcraft III - World Editor (WEX)\plugins", TypeValue: "Blizzard.WarcraftIII.Editor", Type: ProfileType { Name: "Blizzard.WarcraftIII.Editor", FriendlyName: "Blizzard.WarcraftIII.Editor" }, EnableSharpCraft: True, EnableDebug: False, EnableDiagnosticsDebug: False, FileName: "E:\Warcraft III\World Editor.exe", Arguments: "", WorkingDirectory: "E:\Warcraft III" }!
2017-09-18 12:41:03.665 +02:00 [SharpCraft.CLILauncher][0.1.0.1][Error] Invalid arguments.
2017-09-18 12:41:03.672 +02:00 [SharpCraft.CLILauncher][0.1.0.1][Error] Usage: SharpCraft.CLILauncher.exe "<profile name>" <additional optional arguments>
2017-09-18 12:41:11.865 +02:00 [SharpCraft.Launcher][0.1.0.1][Information] Loaded Profile { Name: "Warcraft III - The Frozen Throne (WEX)", Root: "E:\wc3tools\SharpCraft World Editor Extended Bundle\profiles\Warcraft III - The Frozen Throne (WEX)", PluginsDirectory: "E:\wc3tools\SharpCraft World Editor Extended Bundle\profiles\Warcraft III - The Frozen Throne (WEX)\plugins", TypeValue: "Blizzard.WarcraftIII.Game", Type: ProfileType { Name: "Blizzard.WarcraftIII.Game", FriendlyName: "Blizzard.WarcraftIII.Game" }, EnableSharpCraft: True, EnableDebug: False, EnableDiagnosticsDebug: False, FileName: "", Arguments: "", WorkingDirectory: "" }!
2017-09-18 12:41:11.934 +02:00 [SharpCraft.Launcher][0.1.0.1][Information] Loaded Profile { Name: "Warcraft III - World Editor (WEX)", Root: "E:\wc3tools\SharpCraft World Editor Extended Bundle\profiles\Warcraft III - World Editor (WEX)", PluginsDirectory: "E:\wc3tools\SharpCraft World Editor Extended Bundle\profiles\Warcraft III - World Editor (WEX)\plugins", TypeValue: "Blizzard.WarcraftIII.Editor", Type: ProfileType { Name: "Blizzard.WarcraftIII.Editor", FriendlyName: "Blizzard.WarcraftIII.Editor" }, EnableSharpCraft: True, EnableDebug: False, EnableDiagnosticsDebug: False, FileName: "E:\Warcraft III\World Editor.exe", Arguments: "", WorkingDirectory: "E:\Warcraft III" }!
2017-09-18 12:41:11.935 +02:00 [SharpCraft.Launcher][0.1.0.1][Information] -------------------
2017-09-18 12:41:11.935 +02:00 [SharpCraft.Launcher][0.1.0.1][Information] Composing MEF Graph for MainWindowViewModel
2017-09-18 12:41:14.917 +02:00 [SharpCraft.Launcher][0.1.0.1][Information] -------------------
2017-09-18 12:41:14.917 +02:00 [SharpCraft.Launcher][0.1.0.1][Information] Composing MEF Graph for Services
These are the details (German):
Code:
Problemsignatur:
  Problemereignisname:    CLR20r3
  Problemsignatur 01:    SharpCraft.Launcher.exe
  Problemsignatur 02:    0.1.0.0
  Problemsignatur 03:    595280f4
  Problemsignatur 04:    EasyHook
  Problemsignatur 05:    2.7.6035.0
  Problemsignatur 06:    5781febd
  Problemsignatur 07:    b4
  Problemsignatur 08:    14d
  Problemsignatur 09:    System.ApplicationException
  Betriebsystemversion:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Gebietsschema-ID:    1031
  Zusatzinformation 1:    0a9e
  Zusatzinformation 2:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Zusatzinformation 3:    0a9e
  Zusatzinformation 4:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
I need to save my map with the JassHelper and especially need the Doodad limit removal.

Those with doubts about where to put the ObjectMerger command:

upload_2017-10-7_21-50-17.png

Ok, tested all of the above but the "Create new Object", shows this error message

upload_2017-10-7_21-42-28.png

Then shows:

upload_2017-10-7_21-43-59.png

Afterwards will create an object (chose Druid of the Talon):

upload_2017-10-7_21-46-30.png

The Object ID tiny window shows properly and successfully created the unit...

But the error message still shows:

upload_2017-10-7_21-49-3.png

idk if it solved the object merger stuff or not, yet, but on an additional note, you should say: At Trigger Editor, select the Map Name, the custom script window will show, then input the following command:

Code:
//! external ObjectMerger

Something like that

More specific, I'm using latest version of warcraft, and windows 10 pro x64 with more than decent resources to play starcraft 2 on it

Level 3
Hi, im using ver 1.28.5.7680

Whenever I start Sharcraft, it wont open. I can see it in taskmanager but nothing happens. I can click on it as many times as I want, can you tell me whats wrong?.

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

I don't know why so many complaints here about this program. It works perfectly on 1.28.5.

Level 3
appearently it doesn't. Its good that it works for you, but I have all the requirements and it still doesn't and I don't get any help at all. Im not complaining, neither are the others, we just want help but we don't get it.

Level 2
Hello there guys iam new on this site and i just want to learn what the jass script is what it has that classic we dont have and if it is hard to work with it or not. And also a little question offtopic can the original wc3 like from store can i edit the mpq how i like it or it will rewrite the changed data?

Level 4
Is it possible to test the maps as multiplayer maps. Did I just miss it i don't see any options to adjust the test map function.

I recall JNPG having some kind of multiplayer emulation function.

Level 4
yoosk said:
So, how can i launch game with -nopause switch? because that's possible through wex editor, but directly?

I guess you are talking about SinglePlayer?
Once I contacted MindWorX - it was in the year 2014 - because I needed -nopause for a SinglePlayer map. It worked with another tool called "Cheat Engine".

Here are some instructions MindWorX gave me, but I don't know if the address is still correct for current build of WC3 (in 2014 it should have been working for version 1.26a if i'm right, so no guarantee that it will work for any other version than that!):
- In Cheat Engine, hit the computer + magnifying glass in the top left and locate war3.exe
- Then hit "Add Address Manually" bottom right
- In Address write: "game.dll"+2FA82A (With the quotes)
- In type, select Array of Bytes
- Set lenght to 7, hit OK
- Right now, it should show the value: "8B BC 24 7C 01 00 00" - if it's "139 188 36 124 1 0 0": Right click the value, Show as hexadecimal
- Okay then, now you double-click the value, and set it to: 33 FF 90 90 90 90 90
- Bam, pause is disabled
- Btw, this only works for the latest version of WC3

If these informations contravene against any rules or MindWorX isn't happy about it, i'm sorry and i will remove them as soon as you remind me!

Level 12
Are there any updates regarding the Colorizer implementation into this editor? I've read recent comments regarding the issue with additional tile-sets, so I already waved that one good-bye personally. Not really a big loss, since I'll have to improvise on that matter. But when it comes to Colorizer, that's really the most used feature I had back in JNGP. Easy to use and enjoyable as well.

Also, an idea of having some sort of damage + armor calculator (I saw couple of those before on Hive) implemented would be awesome, if that is possible at all.

I really don't know jack sh*t about programming so don't judge me on this. I usually use the Editor for more simpler things rather than flashy codes, good scripting and so on. So yeah, features of my interest are displayed in this post.

Level 1
Can anyone please help me, when i load up the world editor extended i can't see the setting to disable doodad limit. Is there something i am doing wrong?

Level 6
I can't make this run.. it is really weird.

I installed it on my old PC. When I clicked, nothing happens. Now for christmas I got a new pc. Everything is different. W3 is on SSD, works perfectly.

Now it opens at least.When I click on SharpCraft it opens a window with 2 options. I look at WEX and click launch. Nothing happens. Path is configured, map editor works on it's own, it is newest version with Windows 10 freshly installed...everything is clean.

Yet, it Doesn't work.

Level 3
And tell me please, I'm using the JNGP for the time being, it has a library of ZINC's. It is convenient for me to write simple code with its means. In SharpCraft there is the same or if I decide to use it, I need to re-do the whole map?

Level 3
Jesus... for everyone who has the same problem with SharpCraft not starting, try this, it worked for me. First of all, rename your world editor.exe (in your Wc3 Folder) into "worldedit", then
delete the whole SharpCraft Folder and dl it again, so the "configure path" window pops up again. Then you should direct it to your wc3 folder where your renamed worldedit.exe is and you should be able to click it and it should work.

Level 2
Jesus... for everyone who has the same problem with SharpCraft not starting, try this, it worked for me. First of all, rename your world editor.exe (in your Wc3 Folder) into "worldedit", then
delete the whole SharpCraft Folder and dl it again, so the "configure path" window pops up again. Then you should direct it to your wc3 folder where your renamed worldedit.exe is and you should be able to click it and it should work.

What patch are you using? Latest?

Thought i'd give this a go again and still doesn't work after several months... either the tool is busted, or my computer sucks :p

That it just plainly "doesn't work" isn't helpful to say. Explaining why you think it doesn't work, and what it means that it doesn't work (how does "not working" look), can help both you (to make it work) and the developers (to fit some bugs that prevent it from working for you).

Level 13
That it just plainly "doesn't work" isn't helpful to say. Explaining why you think it doesn't work, and what it means that it doesn't work (how does "not working" look), can help both you (to make it work) and the developers (to fit some bugs that prevent it from working for you).

One could assume that i was experiencing the same problems as the most recent posters if i did not specify (since if you have been following this thread you'll know the issue has been claimed for months), but yes, if you need reminding it's the same issue that robizertul / apcrabnightlive / Wazz / Stormgodd / Wrda's encountered.

It worked earlier in 2017 so i can only assume it doesn't work because of either Windows or Warcraft 3 getting updated. I am pretty sure the developer has been made aware of the issue before, i was merely expressing my disappointment in a hosted project not being taken care of :p

One could assume that i was experiencing the same problems as the most recent posters if i did not specify (since if you have been following this thread you'll know the issue has been claimed for months), but yes, if you need reminding it's the same issue that robizertul / apcrabnightlive / Wazz / Stormgodd / Wrda's encountered.

It worked earlier in 2017 so i can only assume it doesn't work because of either Windows or Warcraft 3 getting updated. I am pretty sure the developer has been made aware of the issue before, i was merely expressing my disappointment in a hosted project not being taken care of :p
Alright, but it works for me without any issues, and I can't reproduce any problem that would make it not work.

Level 1
Question, so my WEX cant load properly anymore and I am running it through debug mode. What is s3base.dll and Vort_dls.dll errors and how would one go around to fixing their WEX?

Level 17
Hello I have a problem about JassHelper in sharpeditor

I've download the new Patch 1.29 PTR from blizzard offical website
I've installed it and everything works properly (It created a folder called "Warcraft III Public Test" in my folder ProgramFiles.
I've download SharpCraft and I copy/pasted the folder "SharpCraft WEX Bundle (0.1.3.0-FIX)" in my installation folder,
I launched sharpeditor and set the path of the "World Editor.exe".

So I can edit and run maps with the editor, but when I create trigger with Jass or vJass the JassHelper does not check anything and then I can test the map with the test button and manually with warccraft 3.

Here is the configuration I set :

upload_2018-2-27_15-19-10.png
upload_2018-2-27_15-19-46.png

Now I get a syntax error on a Scope... I think my editor hasn't load the vjass library so it doesn't know the scopes.

upload_2018-2-27_21-19-26.png

Is it a problem if i keep my old warcraft 3 folder with version 1.26 on my computer? The two folders are separated. And sharpcraft use the editor from the 1.29

How can I activate JassHelper, to make it check my script when I save the map?
Thanks

Last edited:
Level 6
so im getting the same Error Dark Zalor had Syntax Error everytime i try to save i deleted both wc3s reinstalled the new one still not working

Level 4
I get a PathTooLongException issue when I try to connect the 1.3.0-FIX to the public test editor. Except there's no way its actually to long.

tolong

MindWorX

Tool Moderator
Level 20
I get a PathTooLongException issue when I try to connect the 1.3.0-FIX to the public test editor. Except there's no way its actually to long.

tolong

I am currently getting that error now aswell the one waves posted.

Keep in mind that WEX has more folders inside it. Try and place it in a lower indented folder and see if it resolves it. You could test by placing it in C:, just to see if it fixes it.