• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Shards of Resistance: The Raiders

mathiaslogo-png.353427

shabutton1-png.373332

A single-player campaign based on Lord Soze's classic campaign of the same name.
The story follows the conflict between the surviving Blackrock clan, the human kingdoms
of the Northlands and the Vampire Lords of Khemri.

The campaign was remade from the ground up, featuring high-definition models and some redone
cutscenes. I'm aware of issues with the finale, but alas, this is merely a remake. Anyway, enjoy!

matborder-png.373331

shardsprev-jpg.353429

newshards-jpg.399118

shabutton2-png.373333

wc3scrnshot_041420_042154_01-jpg.353426

wc3scrnshot_041420_042207_02-jpg.353425

wc3scrnshot_041420_042338_04-jpg.353424

wc3scrnshot_041420_044635_01-jpg.353423

wc3scrnshot_041420_044859_03-jpg.353422

wc3scrnshot_041420_044948_04-jpg.353421

wc3scrnshot_041420_051433_01-jpg.353420

wc3scrnshot_041420_051703_02-jpg.353419

wc3scrnshot_041420_054546_02-jpg.353417

wc3scrnshot_041420_060856_03-jpg.353416

wc3scrnshot_041420_060951_04-jpg.353415

wc3scrnshot_041420_061840_01-jpg.353413

wc3scrnshot_041420_061951_02-jpg.353412

shabutton3-png.373334

- Fixed some typos
- Added dozens of new models, both for units and decorative (thanks to Warcraft: Rebirth, YourArthas)
- Changed Kobayashi's model
- Fixed error where Kobayashi and Verbal do not appear in "The Remnants"

- Updated campaign's HIVE profile page

- Updated with new HD models
- Reworked some of Bauer's dialogue
- Replaced Kobayashi's bugged Firebolt spell
- Minor visual enhancements in the terrain and cutscenes

- Released

shabutton4-png.373335

This campaign was made with Warcraft III patch 1.27 and not Reforged.
Due to some players have different versions of the game, which may result in possible crashes,
I've decided to have all the levels unlocked.

matborder-png.373331

shabutton5-png.373336

Lord_Soze (Original Creator)
Med. MapGuy (Co-Creator)

Models:
Your Arthas
yonatanDS
Warcraft Rebirth
Tamplier777
Dreacon (Tileset Artist)
Dimitry Rommel
Nasrudin
Kill4ster (Starcraft Models)
Whitehorn
Armel
Urkdrengi
!!GORO!!
Crazynutter
Pheonix-IV
Xaran Alamas
Lord_Soze
DP Clan
tobyfat50

Promotional Art:
Wang Wei
Jeremy Chong

Sound and Music:
World of Warcraft
Blizzard Entertainment (WoW)
Monolith Productions (F.E.A.R.)
Bethesda Software (Fallout Tactics)
Creative Assembly (Rome: Total War)
Jedi Academy, Half-life: Counter-Strike

Special Thanks:
Lord_Soze
Dreacon
Your Arthas
Jayborino
Abishkar
诺森德的呜喵王
Otherknownoise
deepstrasz
Shar Dundred

Contents

Shards of Resistance: Classic (Campaign)

Shards of Resistance: The Raiders (Campaign)

Reviews
VGsatomi: Approved. This campaign was originally hosted on wc3search.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I can see that quite some work was put into this one. However, there are some issues that do not let it be something to be praised.

prologue:
-the units freeze after their spell animations

chap1:
-who's the all knowing one?
-how would the orc warriors know who's the lady is if they're going for a plundering mission?
-let music play through its proper channel
-the Battle Drums say they give Command Aura. In truth it is Endurance Aura
-when reaching the bandits in the wheat field in the east and the undead comes and cast Cripple, the game starts lagging
-Troll Priest looks like an undead warrior (skeleton to be precise)
-hahaha; the score menu has part of the zerg score menu from the first StarCraft

chap2:
-Bauer has a gero glow but is a unit; he is vulnerable to abilities like Cripple
-some Skeletons were not in their death animation in the landing zone
-the crater optional quest ends without all Skeletons being kiiled
-what, they saw the footprints only after the quest was completed!?
-Knights and Footmen have the same portrait
-really? That lucky, he wasn't torn apart? The armour right?
-Mephisto's Howl of Terror has Pit Lord in its description
-Verbal's Cleaving Attack looks like a green square in the choose ability menu
-Bloody Slash Combo costs mana; Whirling Force does not
-once in the Way Gate, there's no turning back

chap3:
-Bauer is still not a hero...
-it seems Bandits are OK, the creatures didn't like playing with them too
-Bauer was selected during the scene where one orc fell near a cavern
-"nice skull, I better take it with me".....
-the Siege Golem can be killed, easily, just waiting for it to die while Bauer hits it
-the red Fountain of Health regenerates Bauer
-flying sheep god, zerg (I mean aliens)... Is this a joke!?
-how would they know where to exit from the caves? Wasn't returning from whence they came the best (known) option?
-Bauer's sword is no more... not to mention the boots I've bought... or the amazing artifact from the Siege Golem...
-the level is quite linear
-can't use the Way Gate back to buy items from the Goblin
-the turn of events... the orcs slaughtered a camp just to take a woman that would save the world...
-the Ogre Magi came under the player's control after the scene with the events mentioned above; rogues reappeared in their camp
-somehow now they've crossed the river without using the Gate...
-Voodoo Rite is basically Holy Light... Its hotkey "R" does not work; however "T" works; the spells has no animation
-the Orc Warlock has not "disabled" icon as it looks like a green square
-orcs working with the undead?
-the undead does not send troops to attack
-they've got an Altar but no hero; techtree then
-Tainted Fiend has a biased portrait
-destroy the undead bases, not base
-Karag is so weak...
-so, every character is a good misunderstood person?
-I've eliminated the rogues and their camp; how are they running now?
-Kobayashi's Fireball lags the game permanently
-the Allmighty Sheep God can be killed
-nobody attacks the first five minutes during the woman's transformation process
-but who sends those troops to the tranformation site?
-Valery has the icon of Jaina instead of Sylvanas

chap4:
-well, Fenster and Hockey died in the previous chapter (gameplay)
-the woman suddenly knew how to be a fighter...
-Peons don't have a "disabled" icon
-after the cinematic scene about the goblin barrels, the one with the troll started immediately; during this time the base was almost destroyed
-Mon'Tana has no hero glow
-Mon'Tana's spells are wrongly placed
-the Marketplace doesn't create any item
-the Infested Terran are too powerful
-Skyths have biasesd portraits
-Troll Priests have an error with the aura ring showing overhead
-the Goblin barrel producing building needs a select unit ability

chap5:
-why change the icon of spells if they're the same as those of Warcraft III?
-Valery even knows dwarvish!?
-funny, one of the overraiders was dead but Kobayashi was talking to both
-Troggs are named Gnolls and riders
-Beast Whips's hotkey "B" doesn't work

chap6:
-if the Ice Revenant is attacked it stops from patrolling
-the camera is shaking...
-if they see her, they should alert the others but it doesn't work that way; they can all be killed
-Valery doesn't have an ultimate
-after the Overseers die, the exclamation mark still remains on them
-every time "s" is written in the chat box the hero becomes invisible and enemy units just forget about her...
-the dwarf was all alone there and still alive. Right.

chap7:
-undead talk to each other? I thought only important/powerful ones were aware of themselves
-there's no way to ambush the caravan unless maybe make it somehow come when the barrels are still there; it's too well guarded; it even has a hero with it

chap8:
-so, why not kill Bauer but freeze him?
-the Marketplace creates items very late
-nobody attacks the priests; actually that's not needed as how they constantly attack...
-how the heck are they getting up through a river current/
-a text message: Khemri navy dead
-Jonas has no glow
-if the player near the big iron gates while the enemy wants to get forces out, the gates are immediately locked and the troops remain behind them
-the Overlord was undefended...

Level 5
Very buggy, but alot of work was put into it.
In chapter 3 the undead ai never attack.
During chapter 8 first cinematic an imported sound or music file screwed up the whole warcraft 3 sound system.
Fire bolt makes lag so it is forbidden to use, Mephisto's ultimate spawns and kill 3 Bauer dummy during the channeling time.
The only audiable sound was an unbearable noise, because of that I had to mute my speakers.(chapter 8)
Valery's condition was not clear(Mephisto was worried, Verbal said something calm stuff.) during the last interlude, I guess would have turned out in the sequel. Well not just this one, many other thread in the story remained open. (Some of the khemri 'officers' escaped succesfuly.)

Overall this is a good campaign(altough personally I did not like the idea putting into warcraft the zerg), alot of stuff was improved compared to the original campaign but many bugs left, were not fixed.
To bad the sequel was never made. 4/5
Worth to try out the campaign.

Level 6
I can see that quite some work was put into this one. However, there are some issues that do not let it be something to be praised.

prologue:
-the units freeze after their spell animations

chap1:
-who's the all knowing one?
-how would the orc warriors know who's the lady is if they're going for a plundering mission?
-let music play through its proper channel
-the Battle Drums say they give Command Aura. In truth it is Endurance Aura
-when reaching the bandits in the wheat field in the east and the undead comes and cast Cripple, the game starts lagging
-Troll Priest looks like an undead warrior (skeleton to be precise)
-hahaha; the score menu has part of the zerg score menu from the first StarCraft

chap2:
-Bauer has a gero glow but is a unit; he is vulnerable to abilities like Cripple
-some Skeletons were not in their death animation in the landing zone
-the crater optional quest ends without all Skeletons being kiiled

-what, they saw the footprints only after the quest was completed!?
-Knights and Footmen have the same portrait
-really? That lucky, he wasn't torn apart? The armour right?
-Mephisto's Howl of Terror has Pit Lord in its description
-Verbal's Cleaving Attack looks like a green square in the choose ability menu

-Bloody Slash Combo costs mana; Whirling Force does not
-once in the Way Gate, there's no turning back

chap3:
-Bauer is still not a hero...
-it seems Bandits are OK, the creatures didn't like playing with them too
-Bauer was selected during the scene where one orc fell near a cavern
-"nice skull, I better take it with me".....
-the Siege Golem can be killed, easily, just waiting for it to die while Bauer hits it
-the red Fountain of Health regenerates Bauer
-flying sheep god, zerg (I mean aliens)... Is this a joke!?
-how would they know where to exit from the caves? Wasn't returning from whence they came the best (known) option?
-Bauer's sword is no more... not to mention the boots I've bought... or the amazing artifact from the Siege Golem...
-the level is quite linear
-can't use the Way Gate back to buy items from the Goblin
-the turn of events... the orcs slaughtered a camp just to take a woman that would save the world...
-the Ogre Magi came under the player's control after the scene with the events mentioned above; rogues reappeared in their camp
-somehow now they've crossed the river without using the Gate...
-Voodoo Rite is basically Holy Light... Its hotkey "R" does not work; however "T" works; the spells has no animation
-the Orc Warlock has not "disabled" icon as it looks like a green square
-orcs working with the undead?
-the undead does not send troops to attack
-they've got an Altar but no hero; techtree then
-Tainted Fiend has a biased portrait
-destroy the undead bases, not base
-Karag is so weak...
-so, every character is a good misunderstood person?
-I've eliminated the rogues and their camp; how are they running now?
-Kobayashi's Fireball lags the game permanently
-the Allmighty Sheep God can be killed
-nobody attacks the first five minutes during the woman's transformation process
-but who sends those troops to the tranformation site?
-Valery has the icon of Jaina instead of Sylvanas

chap4:
-well, Fenster and Hockey died in the previous chapter (gameplay)
-the woman suddenly knew how to be a fighter...
-Peons don't have a "disabled" icon
-after the cinematic scene about the goblin barrels, the one with the troll started immediately; during this time the base was almost destroyed
-Mon'Tana has no hero glow
-Mon'Tana's spells are wrongly placed
-the Marketplace doesn't create any item
-the Infested Terran are too powerful
-Skyths have biasesd portraits
-Troll Priests have an error with the aura ring showing overhead
-the Goblin barrel producing building needs a select unit ability

chap5:
-why change the icon of spells if they're the same as those of Warcraft III?
-Valery even knows dwarvish!?
-funny, one of the overraiders was dead but Kobayashi was talking to both
-Troggs are named Gnolls and riders
-Beast Whips's hotkey "B" doesn't work

chap6:
-if the Ice Revenant is attacked it stops from patrolling
-the camera is shaking...

-if they see her, they should alert the others but it doesn't work that way; they can all be killed
-Valery doesn't have an ultimate
-after the Overseers die, the exclamation mark still remains on them
-every time "s" is written in the chat box the hero becomes invisible and enemy units just forget about her...
-the dwarf was all alone there and still alive. Right.

chap7:
-undead talk to each other? I thought only important/powerful ones were aware of themselves
-there's no way to ambush the caravan unless maybe make it somehow come when the barrels are still there; it's too well guarded; it even has a hero with it

chap8:
-so, why not kill Bauer but freeze him?
-the Marketplace creates items very late
-nobody attacks the priests; actually that's not needed as how they constantly attack...
-how the heck are they getting up through a river current/
-a text message: Khemri navy dead
-Jonas has no glow
-if the player near the big iron gates while the enemy wants to get forces out, the gates are immediately locked and the troops remain behind them
-the Overlord was undefended...

Hey man i need some help in chapter 7 i couldn't find that last circle of powers i put a barrel in the gnoll camps and in the troll base but the last circle did not appear anywhere on the map for me i even try turning on cheats but that circle never appear

UPDATE: So i read that quest wrong i was suppose to add 3 barrel in each circle and i only add 1 i thought it said i have to add 1 barrel in 3 circle so i have to play that act all over again

Last edited:
Level 1
It's an amazing campaign, but there are minor mistakes in skills info and hero info. For example the Howl of Terror skill for Mephisto, it still read as Pit Lord's skill. And I do there's some improvements in units' icon image, cause some of them are actually different with the unit models. For the story, I actually don't like it. But overall it's a great campaign. Hope you make more of it with different races and factions.

Level 3
Hello, I really loved some wall models from this map. but I can't find them anywhere, can anyone help me? the guy that posted it seems to be last seen 3 years ago, I doubt he'll answer xd.
Thanks anyway :D.

Level 5
This "Med. MapGuy" knows for sure how to make awesome cinematics and alternative story lines to Warcraft.
The camera movement is unique, the character-names are fitting, dialogues are fun to read and the location is superb.
Everything is really well done!

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
How do I solve the sudden frame per second drop? This is the first time warcraft goes this slow so it must be an issue related with the campaign.
Can someone help me?
Would you please give us more details. I for one don't remember experiencing something like this.
What's the version you're playing it on? When does it happen (what map/level, moment etc.)? Are there a lot of units there? Do you think it might have started happening after using a certain spell too many times? Is the map big?

EDIT: Shards of Resistance: The Raiders
Actually, it seems I have encountered this too. I don't remember though. From what I wrote, it has something to do with the bandits and Cripple or at least with something in the zone the units are.

Level 10
It's the first skill "Firebolt" of the raider hero that causes frame per sec issues. In other words, the player shouldn't use that skill at all. Cripple isn't related.

Level 10
Amazing campaign. The cutscenes are exquisite and I can't imagine how good they'll be in Reforged if the creator is still alive... (you know what I mean)
As for the story, it was awesome in the beginning and introducing several stories that collided with each one. However, when the story reached the beginning of the conclusion, the story just suddenly went downhill and it was not satisfying as I wanted it to be. The creator just rushed it as it seems and the romance story between the paladin and the ranger was not concluded and was just left as an open ending. We don't know what happened to the paladin nor the ranger, and those two are major characters! If someone polishes this, it can be one of the best campaigns, but it would be better to wait for Reforged.
The gameplay is fine, and there are many custom units to play with, and lots of unique heroes and amazing skills. Items are more than enough to make your heroes op.
I'm just gonna kick this off with a 5/5 rating because I enjoyed it even though it's not that satisfying from a story standpoint.

Edit: sorry for the double posting, as I don't wanna include this with my previous post, and I don't wanna wait someone to post as I might forget what I want to say. Have a great day! (He knows himself).

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
the story just suddenly went downhill and it was not satisfying as I wanted it to be. The creator just rushed it as it seems and the romance story between the paladin and the ranger was not concluded and was just left as an open ending. We don't know what happened to the paladin nor the ranger, and those two are major characters!
Since the campaign was not just about two characters and their romance, I think that a conclusion to that would just have been filler content and should not be considered as bringing the story down.

Level 23
The updated map description looks great. It will be a lot easier for newer players to access the map now since they have a lot more information about it before downloading.

It is hilarious you fixed the fireball spell issue --- that violent lag almost became the symbol of this campaign to me.

Kasrkin

Hosted Project: LoA
Level 26
An update after all this time? Awesome, last time I played this was.... 2013 maybe? Well, when I got the time I'll have to play through it again.

Level 2
now this i did not expect. its been like a decade lol, more even. i think the community really needed some good news right now. an update to this old classic sure cheered me right up. get hype.

Level 23
FYI, the tweaks I've made for this version are relatively minor. Not sure I can do much with the (admittedly) confusing layout of certain base-building levels, but I hope the added gold and items make it a more pleasant experience. :peasant-confused:

Updating these classic campaigns can be tough! Wading through my old triggers is a real trip... but it's helping immensely in getting reacquainted with WorldEdit. Hopefully in time, I can work on something new and tie up loose ends... :peasant-thinking:

Level 10
FYI, the tweaks I've made for this version are relatively minor. Not sure I can do much with the (admittedly) confusing layout of certain base-building levels, but I hope the added gold and items make it a more pleasant experience. :peasant-confused:

Updating these classic campaigns can be tough! Wading through my old triggers is a real trip... but it's helping immensely in getting reacquainted with WorldEdit. Hopefully in time, I can work on something new and tie up loose ends... :peasant-thinking:

Dude your campaigns are probably the best thing I experienced in Warcraft 3 as a whole, kudos to you!

Level 2
It was a great experience, thank you for creating this amazing campaign. The story was good, the cutscenes, the models/skins. There was also a very great ambiance, the skyboxes during the cutscenes were a plus value.
All it miss to be perfect, is voice acting.
Bravo

PS: special mention for the peons doing a snowman )

Last edited:
Level 4
Review of the classic campaign (its still in the bundle)
I enjoyed the campaign. The humour, gameplay and Starcraft references make this campaign great.
I will soon be playing the remastered version and give a rating in stars based on that.