• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Icy Resistance

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Icy Resistance
In an almost abandoned region of the Alterac Mountains ice trolls have slaughtered the remaining Lordaeron Alliance outposts and Frostwolf villages.
Survive the wavering nature and conquer this land once and for all.

End the suffering!

Icy Resistance is a Ladder suitable 1v1 Melee Map that enables you to clash your armies in the middle or to sneak behind enemy lines through the unforgiving wilderness.

Information

Screenshots

Changelog

Credits

Authors Notes

• 4 Gold Mines - 13500 Gold Base, 12500 Gold Orange, 10000 Gold Red
  • 8 Green Creep Camps
  • 10 Orange Creep Camps
  • 2 Red Creep Camps
  • 2 Goblin Laboratories
  • 2 Goblin Merchants
  • 2 Mercenary Camps
  • 1 Tavern
34jDsxw.png

Jv9csnU.png

jYwJQ4F.png

BfcaqnL.jpg

[2019-06-13] Uploaded Icy Resistance
[2019-06-13] Added in-game Map description
[2019-06-13] Fixed Creep Camp Drop Tables: Red Creep Camps now drop random Level 5 (permanent)
[2019-06-13] Changed Gold Mine Capacities
RocketBeans TV / CreepJack for the great show and for giving me the motivation to create my very first map ever.
I miss pure snowy ladder maps in the rotation at the moment. So I decided to create my own.
I learned how the Editor works for the first time and had real fun with it! That's the result of about 8 hours in total.
I really wish for feedback since its my first map I've done. After a bit of testing I must say despite that I guess I did a decent job overall.
Previews
Contents

Icy Resistance (Map)

Reviews
mafe
Hello fellow Creepjack fan! Always happy to see new people making melee maps. For a first melee map, this is really good. But I have to respectfully disagree with your opinion that it is "ladder suitable" in its current version, for the following...

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
Hello fellow Creepjack fan!
Always happy to see new people making melee maps. For a first melee map, this is really good. But I have to respectfully disagree with your opinion that it is "ladder suitable" in its current version, for the following reasons:

Technical issues:
-Lordaeron Winter merc camp: This is simply a no-go for 1v1 because of the ensnare troll. Check the guide in my signature for an analysis of merc camps.
-Trees are not dense: There are countless small paths leading into forest where (among other things) wisps can hide and never be found. Next to the right main base, there's even space for a peasant/peon to build a tower inside the forest in a place where an orc player with bm-grunt army should not even be able to attack it. Please place forests exclusively by using the size 2 tool, where you place at most 7 trees at once, so that the trees have absolutely no empty space between them. It is tedious and timeconsuming, but I assure you it is necessary to avoid problems.

Not outright bad, but likely to result in awkward/imbalanced gameplay:
-Some ramps are very hard to recognize.
-Many dead ends where it creepjacks are much more devastating than usual.
-Siege units can be dropped on highground near expansions and main bases.
-Many paths near the outside of the maps are very small, so melee units will be at a big disadvantage there.

And finally, while you might like pure snow maps, many wc3 players (including myself) find that their eyes literlly hurt after playing on a map that has too much snow. Sorry.

As you state that you are interested in feedback, maybe you can tell me if you (dis)agree with my opinion and intend to adress some of it. For now, I think that I have to set the map to "awaiting update", even though it's arguably not that far from being "approved"-worthy.

Level 2
Hello fellow Creepjack fan!
Always happy to see new people making melee maps. For a first melee map, this is really good. But I have to respectfully disagree with your opinion that it is "ladder suitable" in its current version, for the following reasons:

Technical issues:
-Lordaeron Winter merc camp: This is simply a no-go for 1v1 because of the ensnare troll. Check the guide in my signature for an analysis of merc camps.
-Trees are not dense: There are countless small paths leading into forest where (among other things) wisps can hide and never be found. Next to the right main base, there's even space for a peasant/peon to build a tower inside the forest in a place where an orc player with bm-grunt army should not even be able to attack it. Please place forests exclusively by using the size 2 tool, where you place at most 7 trees at once, so that the trees have absolutely no empty space between them. It is tedious and timeconsuming, but I assure you it is necessary to avoid problems.

Not outright bad, but likely to result in awkward/imbalanced gameplay:
-Some ramps are very hard to recognize.
-Many dead ends where it creepjacks are much more devastating than usual.
-Siege units can be dropped on highground near expansions and main bases.
-Many paths near the outside of the maps are very small, so melee units will be at a big disadvantage there.

And finally, while you might like pure snow maps, many wc3 players (including myself) find that their eyes literlly hurt after playing on a map that has too much snow. Sorry.

As you state that you are interested in feedback, maybe you can tell me if you (dis)agree with my opinion and intend to adress some of it. For now, I think that I have to set the map to "awaiting update", even though it's arguably not that far from being "approved"-worthy.

Sorry that I hadn't got the time to reply to you.

Thank you for your feedback, I really appreciate it.

I'll rework almost all of your points except the thing with the dead ends. I wanted it to be very dangerous to creep the building camps, so I'm actually very happy about it. Will rework it a bit though :)

Yea, the ramps are really hard to recognize because of the pure snowy map. I never liked the way official maps are textured tbh. Seemed always like a random flick carpet to me and since I wasn't very familiar with also the texturing it was win-win for me xD I'll work on it !

As I said, i hadn't got the time to reply and I still got a lot a stuff to do for about a month or so.
Please be patient, I'll look into it ASAP :)

Thank you!