1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Shards of Resistance: The Raiders

Submitted by Lord Soze, Med. MapGuy
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
[​IMG]

Shards of Resistance PLATINUM Edition

After more than a decade of its release, the acclaimed Shards of Resistance: The Raiders campaign
by Lord Soze and Med. MapGuy has been updated to Version 1.01, featuring minor bug fixes, including
the notorious lag from Warchief Kobayashi's Fireball spell. The difficulty has been re-balanced slightly
in later levels, including the dreaded Into the Frying Pan and Journey in the Dark II. The script also
received minor rewrites as I wasn't originally happy with how certain characters turned out. Further
updates will be made available when the need arises.

Shards of Resistance: The Raiders is a custom single-player campaign where you play as the Blackrock
Orcs as you battle it out with the forces of the Undead. Featuring new custom skins, abilities and
doodads, the goal is for players to be immersed in this sprawling storyline.

[​IMG]
In the waning days of the Third War, the backwater province known as the Dark Hills has
become one of the last vestiges of humanity in the Plaguelands. A safehaven for refugees from the Northlands, the
land has been contested for some time from the once proud and mighty Blackrock clan... now scattered and reduced
to minor warbands.

With the Vampire Lords of the Black Citadel, Khemri, claiming lordship over these territories, life has
become a continuing struggle between the living and the dead.

[​IMG]
- 8 playable missions
- Cinematic cutscenes
- Epic new Hero abilities
- Hours of gameplay
- A crossover for the ages

[​IMG]

Screenshots

[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Credits
Lord Soze (Original Creator)
Med. MapGuy (Co-Creator)

Sound and Music:
Blizzard Entertainment (WoW)
Monolith Productions (F.E.A.R.)
Bethesda Software (Fallout Tactics)
Creative Assembly (Rome: Total War)
Jedi Academy, Half-life: Counter-Strike

Models and Textures:
Dreacon (Tileset Artist)
Dimitry Rommel
Nasrudin
Kill4ster (Starcraft Models)
Whitehorn
Armel
Urkdrengi
!!GORO!!
Crazynutter
Pheonix-IV
Xaran Alamas
Lord_Soze
DP Clan

Contents

Shards of Resistance: The Raiders (Campaign)

Reviews
VGsatomi: Approved. This campaign was originally hosted on wc3search.
  1. AirshipCircus

AirshipCircus

Resources:
    Resources:
    Joined up just to post here! Better than average Warcraft Campaign!

The memory leak from that fireball spell is an absolute bint but everything else is fantastic, especially the cinematics! Rather unnecessarily difficult at times but that's just one person's opinion.

There could be better directions in many of the levels, like the one where you defend the canyon especially. I just kinda got dropped in with this huge base and map without a clue as to what I should be doing. I didn't know whether to erect towers or build units or what and it made everything very confusing.

That's just a fraction of my experience, though. I want to mention in closing that the terrain is incredibly designed, and it was enjoyable to explore every corner of the maps.

2. ZLeon1XF1re

ZLeon1XF1re

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ho to download the part 2

3. ShadowShaman.mn

ShadowShaman.mn

Resources:
    Resources:
    My favorite campaign together with the Dwarf campaign. I am sad that Blizzard's reckless updates are ruining these campaigns.

4. ShadowShaman.mn

ShadowShaman.mn

Resources:
    Resources:
    I like the part where the lady (main hero) dies.

5. Cioco

Cioco

Resources:
    Resources:
    At the first mission, the game is unplayable because after engaging the first "wave" of undead the fps drops down and the game is like I said, unplayable. Is it to you guys too or does it happen only to me? That's too bad. :( I really wanted to play this campaign because I heard it is the 4th from Joe's Chronicles.

EDIT: Oh, it seems the fireball spell is bugged, that's why it makes the game drop fps. I will come back with a review after finishing the campaign.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
  6. ShadowShaman.mn

ShadowShaman.mn

Resources:
    Resources:
    Again, Blizzard's reckless updates ruined this campaign. And no its' not in the Joe quest series, it is even better than that.

7. orl_fur

orl_fur

Resources:
    Resources:
    This campaign looks really good. I've played som missions and I'm loving it. But I have a problem that I wonder if someone else has had.
    When I play it at hard difficulty it reallys slows down even if I change resolution and other graphis stuffs. I have tried with very loooow resolution but nothing. I understand that quality of the campaign is high and sometimes the number of the enemies is elevate but it is still very odd isnt't? Besides I have a very good laptop with a last-generation nvidia so... It's weird that warcraft3 is pushing it to the limit. I have no such problems with starcraft2... When I play the first mission at hard it starts slow down after some seconds but it doens't do it at normal even it the number of the enemies at the beginnig of the map it seems to be the same. Second mission: no problem but the third one start to slow down when you get to run the orcish base and take down the undead while taking the heroes to the oracle. Does the campaign-editor knows something about this?

8. orl_fur

orl_fur

Resources:
    Resources:
    I've read only now the previous comment about the blizzard updates as cause of it, isn't there something that can be done to avoid the problem?

9. orl_fur

orl_fur

Resources:
    Resources:
    Fps problem

Allright, I got it now. It's , ac Cioco said, the fireball thing. There is no such problem in the second mission because Kobayashi is not in it. Let's play it now :)

10. Cioco

Cioco

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm glad all's well now. ^^
    One month passed since I've started playing this campaign, and I didn't finish it. I was stuck half month at the 7th mission, and now I'm stuck at the last one. XD It is very hard.

EDIT:
    FINISHED IT!!! I've FINISHED IT!!! FINALLY!!!!
    Instead of writing the bugs I've found, and the bad things, I will just ignore them in this "review". Because, at the moment, I just don't care!!! After so much time being stuck at mission 7, then the last one, I just can't believe I'm done!
    It was an amazing experience. Great job, author! Mission 7 was indeed hard, but just because you need to use your brain a little for a sound strategy, but then the last one was just unnecessarily hard, but, as I said, I don't care! It was amazing! Once again, great job! ^^
    And, answering to the question at the end of the campaign (tho I know it will never happen), yea I'D LOVE TO SEE A SEQUEL! XD
    And DUDE, the last cinematic was so BADASS!!! Because of the little bugs found here and there, and for the last mission, I will rate 4/5. But man, if this would've had no technical issues or bugs, and if the last mission would have been a little easier, this would've been my favorite custom campaign ever!

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
  11. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I can see that quite some work was put into this one. However, there are some issues that do not let it be something to be praised.

prologue:
    -the units freeze after their spell animations

chap1:
    -who's the all knowing one?
    -how would the orc warriors know who's the lady is if they're going for a plundering mission?
    -let music play through its proper channel
    -the Battle Drums say they give Command Aura. In truth it is Endurance Aura
    -when reaching the bandits in the wheat field in the east and the undead comes and cast Cripple, the game starts lagging
    -Troll Priest looks like an undead warrior (skeleton to be precise)
    -hahaha; the score menu has part of the zerg score menu from the first StarCraft

chap2:
    -Bauer has a gero glow but is a unit; he is vulnerable to abilities like Cripple
    -some Skeletons were not in their death animation in the landing zone
    -the crater optional quest ends without all Skeletons being kiiled
    -what, they saw the footprints only after the quest was completed!?
    -Knights and Footmen have the same portrait
    -really? That lucky, he wasn't torn apart? The armour right?
    -Mephisto's Howl of Terror has Pit Lord in its description
    -Verbal's Cleaving Attack looks like a green square in the choose ability menu
    -Bloody Slash Combo costs mana; Whirling Force does not
    -once in the Way Gate, there's no turning back

chap3:
    -Bauer is still not a hero...
    -it seems Bandits are OK, the creatures didn't like playing with them too
    -Bauer was selected during the scene where one orc fell near a cavern
    -"nice skull, I better take it with me".....
    -the Siege Golem can be killed, easily, just waiting for it to die while Bauer hits it
    -the red Fountain of Health regenerates Bauer
    -flying sheep god, zerg (I mean aliens)... Is this a joke!?
    -how would they know where to exit from the caves? Wasn't returning from whence they came the best (known) option?
    -Bauer's sword is no more... not to mention the boots I've bought... or the amazing artifact from the Siege Golem...
    -the level is quite linear
    -can't use the Way Gate back to buy items from the Goblin
    -the turn of events... the orcs slaughtered a camp just to take a woman that would save the world...
    -the Ogre Magi came under the player's control after the scene with the events mentioned above; rogues reappeared in their camp
    -somehow now they've crossed the river without using the Gate...
    -Voodoo Rite is basically Holy Light... Its hotkey "R" does not work; however "T" works; the spells has no animation
    -the Orc Warlock has not "disabled" icon as it looks like a green square
    -orcs working with the undead?
    -the undead does not send troops to attack
    -they've got an Altar but no hero; techtree then
    -Tainted Fiend has a biased portrait
    -destroy the undead bases, not base
    -Karag is so weak...
    -so, every character is a good misunderstood person?
    -I've eliminated the rogues and their camp; how are they running now?
    -Kobayashi's Fireball lags the game permanently
    -the Allmighty Sheep God can be killed
    -nobody attacks the first five minutes during the woman's transformation process
    -but who sends those troops to the tranformation site?
    -Valery has the icon of Jaina instead of Sylvanas

chap4:
    -well, Fenster and Hockey died in the previous chapter (gameplay)
    -the woman suddenly knew how to be a fighter...
    -Peons don't have a "disabled" icon
    -after the cinematic scene about the goblin barrels, the one with the troll started immediately; during this time the base was almost destroyed
    -Mon'Tana has no hero glow
    -Mon'Tana's spells are wrongly placed
    -the Marketplace doesn't create any item
    -the Infested Terran are too powerful
    -Skyths have biasesd portraits
    -Troll Priests have an error with the aura ring showing overhead
    -the Goblin barrel producing building needs a select unit ability

chap5:
    -why change the icon of spells if they're the same as those of Warcraft III?
    -Valery even knows dwarvish!?
    -funny, one of the overraiders was dead but Kobayashi was talking to both
    -Troggs are named Gnolls and riders
    -Beast Whips's hotkey "B" doesn't work

chap6:
    -if the Ice Revenant is attacked it stops from patrolling
    -the camera is shaking...
    -if they see her, they should alert the others but it doesn't work that way; they can all be killed
    -Valery doesn't have an ultimate
    -after the Overseers die, the exclamation mark still remains on them
    -every time "s" is written in the chat box the hero becomes invisible and enemy units just forget about her...
    -the dwarf was all alone there and still alive. Right.

chap7:
    -undead talk to each other? I thought only important/powerful ones were aware of themselves
    -there's no way to ambush the caravan unless maybe make it somehow come when the barrels are still there; it's too well guarded; it even has a hero with it

chap8:
    -so, why not kill Bauer but freeze him?
    -the Marketplace creates items very late
    -nobody attacks the priests; actually that's not needed as how they constantly attack...
    -how the heck are they getting up through a river current/
    -a text message: Khemri navy dead
    -Jonas has no glow
    -if the player near the big iron gates while the enemy wants to get forces out, the gates are immediately locked and the troops remain behind them
    -the Overlord was undefended...

12. Horselord12

Horselord12

Resources:
    Resources:
    Very buggy, but alot of work was put into it.
    In chapter 3 the undead ai never attack.
    During chapter 8 first cinematic an imported sound or music file screwed up the whole warcraft 3 sound system.
    Fire bolt makes lag so it is forbidden to use, Mephisto's ultimate spawns and kill 3 Bauer dummy during the channeling time.
    The only audiable sound was an unbearable noise, because of that I had to mute my speakers.(chapter 8)
    Valery's condition was not clear(Mephisto was worried, Verbal said something calm stuff.) during the last interlude, I guess would have turned out in the sequel. Well not just this one, many other thread in the story remained open. (Some of the khemri 'officers' escaped succesfuly.)

Overall this is a good campaign(altough personally I did not like the idea putting into warcraft the zerg), alot of stuff was improved compared to the original campaign but many bugs left, were not fixed.
    To bad the sequel was never made. 4/5
    Worth to try out the campaign.

13. Alliance10

Alliance10

Resources:
    Resources:
    i could say that i'm impressed with the chapters but it just some maps are too laggy for overall rating its 2/5.

14. ShadowShaman.mn

ShadowShaman.mn

Resources:
    Resources:
    We need more campaigns like this one. And stop with the very buggy comments. Blizzard ruined the campaign with patches ffs.

15. ShadowShaman.mn

ShadowShaman.mn

Resources:
    Resources:
    1# Dwarf campaign
    2# Shards of resistance
    3# Joe's quest
    72388129# and below all the rest

16. MogulKahn

MogulKahn

Resources:
    Resources:
    Shaman, chill dude...

17. ShadowShaman.mn

ShadowShaman.mn

Resources:
    Resources:
    What's ur problem doggo?

18. MogulKahn

MogulKahn

Resources:
    Resources:
    Maybe we should count have many times you have mention in this thread that Blizzard ruined this campaign with their patches?

19. ShadowShaman.mn

ShadowShaman.mn

Resources:
    Resources:
    And yet people still complain that it is buggy.

20. Lord Siler

Lord Siler

Resources:
    Resources:
    Pretty awesome campaign, I didn't get a chance to discover this til last year...awesome stuff 5/5