• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Shandris With "Immersive Bow" and upright stance

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
Hello!
This this the beta version of Shandris with proper night elf bow
Also the original model had issues with the cinematic animations (she was bitting her lip all the time)
Added two versions:
  • One is using the bow from Jennalla deemspring with the textures made by @liptonite
  • One is using the bow from Sylvanas Windrunner

Credits:
Thank you Retera for the beta model: Shandris Upright (Reforged Beta)
Thank you liptonite for the bow version: Shandris With "Immersive Bow" and Hero Glow

To set it as the default model in your game add to path:
  • \Warcraft III\_retail_\units\nightelf\shandris
Check out my other work here:
Hope you enjoy!
All feedback is welcomed.

Update:
  • Armor and animation fixes (the armor and weapon were colliding with the body and it was easy to spot)
  • Added cinematic walk animation with footprints
Previews
Contents

Shandris v1 (Model)

Shandris v1 portrait (Model)

Shandris v2 (Model)

Shandris v2 portrait (Model)

Level 35
don't forget to put liptonite in the author too
Thanx always forget to do that after I credit in the description :)). Hmm actually I should review my other posts as well to see if I missed on any of those as well :D
I will send you a private message I want to be sure I understand when I need to put another author and when I just credit them in the description

Last edited:
Level 6
How do I import the diffuse from the bow into my wc3 folder so it just uses this model as a base in all games? Sorry still new to this whole process.

Level 35
When you download any upload from hive you will get a readme which tells you where the .dds file go.
For my uploads can can copy & paste the .dds file into the Warcraft III\retail folder of the game
1653369880658.png

Not all are like this some might require you to add them to the same path where you add the .mdx file so it's best to check that readme which will tell you where they go ;)

Level 6
When you download any upload from hive you will get a readme which tells you where the .dds file go.
For my uploads can can copy & paste the .dds file into the Warcraft III\retail folder of the game
View attachment 400125
Not all are like this some might require you to add them to the same path where you add the .mdx file so it's best to check that readme which will tell you where they go ;)
You sir are a literal saviour. I will remember to check the readme's from now on 😅

Although when I paste it in just the retail folder it doesn't seem to reflect in my game. I feel like I am doing something wrong still :S I am very bad at this lol.
I also don't have any other .DDS files visible in that folder, and I'm not sure if I'm supposed to or not.

This is what it looks like in my folder but for some reason she still has that awful ugly bow. 😅😅😅

Attachments

• Confusion.png
    Confusion.png
    41.7 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Level 35
You sir are a literal saviour. I will remember to check the readme's from now on 😅

Although when I paste it in just the retail folder it doesn't seem to reflect in my game. I feel like I am doing something wrong still :S I am very bad at this lol.
I also don't have any other .DDS files visible in that folder, and I'm not sure if I'm supposed to or not.

This is what it looks like in my folder but for some reason she still has that awful ugly bow. 😅😅😅
So lest see if we missed something.
  • \Warcraft III\retail\units\nightelf\shandris -> you added here the .mdx file yes?
Then in the retail folder you added the .dds file?

Level 6
So lest see if we missed something.
  • \Warcraft III\retail\units\nightelf\shandris -> you added here the .mdx file yes?
Then in the retail folder you added the .dds file?
Yes, I believe I have it all in the right place. Am I supposed to put both v1 and v2 in there? I only put v1 because that's the one I had wanted.
Attached the screenshots of them in their respective folders below. Maybe I'm making a silly mistake again. I wouldn't be surprised. 😅

Attachments

• Otherone.png
    Otherone.png
    9.8 KB · Views: 21
  • Confusion.png
    Confusion.png
    41.7 KB · Views: 24
Level 35
Yes, I believe I have it all in the right place. Am I supposed to put both v1 and v2 in there? I only put v1 because that's the one I had wanted.
Attached the screenshots of them in their respective folders below. Maybe I'm making a silly mistake again. I wouldn't be surprised. 😅
Yea the mistake is simple. You pus shandris_v1. Like I explained in my previous comment the .mdx files must have the same name as the folder they are put into so just let shandris.mdx and shandris_portrait.mdx

Level 6
Yea the mistake is simple. You pus shandris_v1. Like I explained in my previous comment the .mdx files must have the same name as the folder they are put into so just let shandris.mdx and shandris_portrait.mdx
GAH! I am such a noob. LOL Didn't even catch that. Thanks so much. I know I can be a bit slow at this stuff 😅 😅 Your patience has been so appreciated! Everything is working perfectly!

Level 6
I'm having a problem with the bow's model's texture appearing white. What should I do?
Since the latest update of reforged I have had this problem with a few models in the editor, but when I launch the game itself it looks normal there. I'd suggest trying that first just so you can rule that possibility out :)

Level 2
Since the latest update of reforged I have had this problem with a few models in the editor, but when I launch the game itself it looks normal there. I'd suggest trying that first just so you can rule that possibility out :)

I checked the problem in game, but Shandris' bow is still white with all textures stripped except for the team color area. How to solve it?

Level 1
Very good model. It would be better to make another upright model of the night archer.

Level 6
It seems the latest version made all the texture broken/turned to white, so where i need to put the dds? on retail or inside the retail/units/nightelf/shandris folder?