1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Shadows of Everwood - ORPG

Discussion in 'Project Recruitment' started by Wolfe, May 4, 2010.

1. Wolfe

Wolfe

Resources:
    Resources:
    Progress Report!

Oziris has finished the outline of St. Danuele's School of War, the first part of the Imperial Crown campaign. I am currently designing it's mechanics as a dungeon, where you will battle centaurs and rescue some of the students and teachers throughout the school.

xxdeathunter will start terraining as soon as I write him up a detailed review of the Temple of Eternity, the first part of the Northern Clans campaign.

On the coding front, we've completed our inventory and spell interface, which I will cover in detail in our Map Development thread, soon to be created, with terrain screenshots and more screenshots of our systems.

I am a little scattered at the moment. I've worked on dungeon mechanics, quests, heroes, items, all in an unstructured way. These will also be covered in the Shadows of Everwood thread.

For now, that is all I have, as you will find out a lot more in the upcoming thread!

2. thedeathunterxx

thedeathunterxx

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    cool i cant wait to start.

and i won 3rd place in the terrain contest 9 =D

3. Tukki

Tukki

Resources:
    Maps:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Just dropping by to say that the expression engine is done :D

Need to fix the ability module for the inventory to co-operate with it, though :>

4. Anachron

Anachron

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Good luck, any new updates?

5. Tukki

Tukki

Resources:
    Maps:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    ALRIGHT!

The ability module is now alive and running again!

A few steps to create the inventory/ability interface:
    • Base all your work on the existing inventories
    • Understand the code; you'll need to tweak it a bit
    • Play around with the Width/Height values of inventory windows
    • Get a stash of coffee: YOU'LL NEED IT!!
    • Prepare to sacrifice some nights of your life...
    • And now, if you've done all this, you are finally prepared!

Hope it helped x)

If anyone's really interested: PM me and maybe, with Wolfe's permission, you'll get your hands on that shiny, golden, yummy, system map :p

6. Anachron

Anachron

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I really hope you used CustomWindow. It makes much things easier.

7. thedeathunterxx

thedeathunterxx

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    k so i got the plans

heres some quick questions before i get started :

What can i use in the map ? UTM 3.0 or UTM 4.0V or High rez pack ?

and as for the map files i need to use UMSWE ? is that all compatable with your stuff ?

and lastly some of the things you stated in the terrain details can be tricky and might have to be trigger operated (?). Also all the details you described i am fitting into a 256 x 256 area.

As for the last last question =p, you need an empty space near the top for entering buildings ?

8. Wolfe

Wolfe

Resources:
    Resources:
    You know, you can always PM or VM me with these questions. =P

I'd appreciate it if you just used a standard UMSWE map and then import from there, but if using the UTM helps, than just remember to delete the models you don't need (just copy the map, delete the imports in one, and we'll use that as the proper map). If you feel that you need high resolution models look good with WC3 models, then sure.

If you can do the terrain first, then save the terrain-coding for after. Also, how do you mean 256x256 area? The temple is only the first part of the map out of five.

For buildings that you can enter, you pretty much walk in, rather than being teleported halfway across the map.

9. thedeathunterxx

thedeathunterxx

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    ahh okay got it.

and let me rephrase what i meant, you want me to put all the terrain you said into a 480 x 480 map ? or since u said in the email : "Attached is a document outlining the details for the terrain in the top-left corner of a 480x480 map " which i think means only fill in 256 x 256 of the map (which is 1/4 the total size) ?

sorry if i dont make much sence cause im really really blazed right now sorry lol

10. Wolfe

Wolfe

Resources:
    Resources:
    Blazed? =P

I was going to let you determine how big the temple and village is ON a 480x480.

11. thedeathunterxx

thedeathunterxx

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    ahh okay cool =) thanks im starting immidiatly

and ya blazed = high lol

12. Wolfe

Wolfe

Resources:
    Resources:
    The Rogue
    Rogues exist only to disrupt the tranquility so loosely held by the emperor and the upper echelons of his court. While most enjoy their days in the bustling markets thieving and manipulating lowly farmers, some use their uncanny guile to make quick use of their enemies and rob the homes of nobles. Though these legerdemainists are cowardly in their work, they have still immersed themselves in swordsmanship and other arts practiced in antiquity.

Blood Specialization
    Rogues that specialize in this mastery tree embrace their knowledge of weaponry to combat the foes they encounter. Quite often, you will find one of these murderous charlatans dancing across the battlefield in a storm of blades, leaving behind a trail of blood and misery.

Shadow Specialization
    Rogues that specialize in this mastery tree are malicious, calculating and selfish in their actions. Adept at fading into the shadow realm, finding traps and then disarming them, these common criminals are almost always tricking local guards and framing others for their deeds.

Faction Imperial Crown
    Race Human
    Role Melee Damage
    Primary Stats Agility, Strength
    Weapon Proficiencies
    Armour Type
    Swords, Daggers, Katars
    Leather

Shadow Pace
    Rogues are able to enter the shadow realm from any location and disguise themselves from mortal eyes. This is the Shadow Pace, and unlike other games, it is completely different to the stealth you all know and love.

When Rogues enter the shadow realm, you see the world through the eyes of your character, and slowly move through the world. In the shadow realm, you can spot traps and pick pocket your foes. Enemies can spot you if you pick pocket too close to a target, or even bump into a target.

Dance of Blades
    Rogues are able to dance across the battlefield in a storm of blades, leaving behind only blood and misery. Players initiate a sequence of events called a dance, in which all abilities used acts as a step. As you execute a step, your next ability will deal more damage, until you unleash a devastating finale upon your foes.

If you exceed the limit, you become exhausted, decreasing your movement and attack speed significantly.

I present to you all the Rogue, the Imperial Crown's melee damage dealer.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2010
  13. Anachron

Anachron

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I don't know what to post except I like the updates.
    Any chance for a beta (testplay)?

14. Tukki

Tukki

Resources:
    Maps:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I'm currently working on the needed systems for a demo; two of them are already finished. I expect it to be around a total of (1+1+1+1+1?) 4 or 5 systems that needs to be coded. [highlight]So statistically speaking, I'm ~45% done.[/highlight]

Unfortunately I will not have Internet access during the next three weeks due to my three-weeks long sailing course. But if I find the time, I'll hopefully manage another system by the time I get back.

[highlight]I do not expect a demo to be released before July.[/highlight] But we're working hard to manage a release before summer's end.

15. Marsal

Marsal

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
    vJASS

* Create quests.

lolz? you can make any quest easily with gui....

16. Tukki

Tukki

Resources:
    Maps:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I can't deny that it's easy; point-and-click isn't hard...

But are you sure the words [highlight]any[/highlight] and [highlight]easily[/highlight] belong in the same sentence here? It's true that it's really easy to make a "kill 10 wolves"-esque quest. But how easy is it to create more interesting ones?

Furthermore we have a quest system that requires the user to code in vJass, and as far as I know heavy usage of custom script is not considered GUI. Thus we'd lose the advantage of using our quest system if we were to code in GUI.

Not to degrade GUI or anything, but we want to keep the code & triggers clean and organized, which is really hard to achieve if one must create a minimum of 2 triggers per quest.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2010
  17. thedeathunterxx

thedeathunterxx

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    is anyone doing terrain other then me ?

18. Marsal

Marsal

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    easy to make a killing quest just need 3 trigger one for accept quest one for count kills and one for the quest reward, okay you don't want that number of triggers i just sad you can make everything in gui~.~

19. Tukki

Tukki

Resources:
    Maps:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    A quick update before I return to my sailing course :p

Changes
    Added: Damage Engine, Heal Engine, Spell Engine, Threat Engine + Threat Bars, Texttag
    Updates: Inventory interface has received a facelift (icon-wise)

To be done
    Code: Encode/Decode module (save/load), Interface for mastery-selection, quests, loads of spells.
    Implement: Quest system, NPC system, Condition system, functional sell button for the inventory (atm it doesn't do anything...)

So there are still some things left to implement and code before I can start to implement the code the real maps.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2010
  20. Oziris

Oziris

Resources:
    Icons:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yes, I am doing the terrain. I have almost finished the demo area. No worries.