• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] shadow Falls

What camera and movement must it be

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
well.. you display the wrong kind of information.

You got a 'progress' tab containing number of items bosses etc. However that doesn't tell us anything other than the fact that you've got x number of y.

What you should be doing, is telling us what the map will focus on, what kind of systems it will have. For example if you got a super nice system for making fights vs random mobs interesting, you might want to tell us about that.

edit: also this:
Personally I think story should be written from a third-person perspective in present or past tense though. Like reading from a book.

Level 21
the fact that you've got x number of y.
Oh no!Not algebra!!!!
Jk

What you should be doing, is telling us what the map will focus on
I'm sorry but i'm not entirely sure what you mean.

what kind of systems it will have. For example if you got a super nice system for making fights vs random mobs interesting, you might want to tell us about that.
Well there isn't much yet.I'm mainly focusing on terrain now.Ill worry further about systems later

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
I'm sorry but i'm not entirely sure what you mean.
Well, now that you ask, I find it hard to describe. Pretty much explaining the gameplay idea. It kinda intersects into describing features.

My map "awesomeness overload RPG edition" will follow a long quest line which follows the main story. The quests will be auto generated and therefore allowing you to play it over and over and still feel that you're experiencing something new! In order to gain rare quality and higher items you will have to enter a dungeon there you'll have to complete a maze before facing a boss, this will also be randomly generated, both the maze and the boss and its mechanics. With other words my map will focus a lot on replay-ability but it'll be rather short!

Level 21
Well, now that you ask, I find it hard to describe. Pretty much explaining the gameplay idea. It kinda intersects into describing features.

My map "awesomeness overload RPG edition" will follow a long quest line which follows the main story. The quests will be auto generated and therefore allowing you to play it over and over and still feel that you're experiencing something new! In order to gain rare quality and higher items you will have to enter a dungeon there you'll have to complete a maze before facing a boss, this will also be randomly generated, both the maze and the boss and its mechanics. With other words my map will focus a lot on replay-ability but it'll be rather short!
Ah,ok.I think i understand what you mean.

Is it more informative now?

Level 21
Yeah,its hard to explain without spoiling everything but let's just say you will discover there is actually a bigger threat behind the threat you thought was the main threat.The plot thickens..

Also,does anybody have questions or ideas?Kinda need something right now.

Shadow Falls is a part of RACC.It will show some of what happens between RP #1 and #
Well, I wonder what's happening there.

Really? :ogre_hurrhurr: :grin: And, just an info of my project,
MegaCraft 1 is part of RACC too.
lol what? Okay, seriously. Mega craft is a prior RACC event right?

======================
Maybe I should make my own, the Joker thing.

Anyway, progress?

Level 21
Well,no progress because i'm trying to get my schoolwork on date so i haven't really worked on this for a while
I'm planning to improve some dungeons once i get back to work

Level 21
Hmmm....
I want another screenshots
Your wish is my command

2015-03-01%2018_24_33-Greenshot.jpg

@Everybody.NOTE:This is still WIP.I just basically created what i had in mind.I will improve and edit it later by scaling and moving doodads,adding or removing units and doodads etc.Keep this in mind before commenting

Edit:Worked a bit on it

2015-03-02%2013_42_50-Greenshot.jpg

Last edited:
Level 21
Yeah, Great Lord Archimonde Supreme the Ultimate Elves Destroyer will destroy all things related to elves.
Including: their ears, their pets, their relics, even their graves...

Hmm... Who is the main antagonist? Illidan?
Nope,Anu'shu-ra,a Skeleton God

Level 13
This looks promising can't wait to play, I loved the storyline too. I agree make a beautiful terrain then destroy it later when you battle with the bad guys there.

Level 21
@Fang.The invasion.

@Fade to black.Thanks!

Edit:I decided that if you want to help post here,ill except help...most of the time.
Note:You must have JNGP in order to help

Last edited:
Level 7
This looks promising can't wait to play, I loved the storyline too. I agree make a beautiful terrain then destroy it later when you battle with the bad guys there.

It was good idea for starred elves here.
Because this is one of map that you ca destroy elves as much you can and you like.

Level 7
We gonna make elves happy and proud in other ways!!

Don't worry, we won't destroys cakes...

We gonna eat them anyway....

Status
Not open for further replies.