• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Setting up things properly, and importing multiple things at once. Need an expert's help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
hi everyone, I've actually used this site quite a lot but I'm new to the forms.
I'm having a terrible time getting Warcraft 3 and it's world editor properly set up. I can run it yeah, but it's not at it's fullest potential.
It's extremely difficult for me to express what's wrong by typing so I was wondering if anyone would have the time to talk to me over skype or something, talking in real time should solve it so much faster.

But of course I'll give the gist of what's going on and feel free to leave suggestions in the comments.

*note: I am not asking for game keys I already have them.

Background:
1. I bought wc3 reign of chaos(physical copy) in China. The game works fine and I even uploaded its game key on Blizzard's website so it must not of been a bootleg.

2. I then must of bought the Frozen Throne (digital copy) from an online resource(the game key egnimatically came in the form of an image) this game key however could not be uploaded to blizzard's site. It says my key is already in use...by whom?

3. Things worked ok for me but I didn't play around with it too much, I did manage to connect to battle net and make a battle net account with my copies.
But then my hard-drive started dying

4. Got a new computer with new hard drive.

5. Copy pasted wc3's folder from my old hard drive to my new one. The game surprisingly works.

The problems:
1.Ok so time for me to make my dream custom map, all I want to do is open up this custom ability map so I can add special custom abilities to my map. Then bam. It said it couldn't open that map in my version of world editor.

2. So I download an update for wc3, it says my version is zh.cn meaning Chinese...so I try running frozen throne as administrator, connect to battle net, then restart.
Scary Chinese screen pops up that should translated to updating the game I guess(I was afraid to update it because I believe my English version of the frozen throne prevented it from being in Chinese but maybe the update would revert it to RoC's Chinese text). Stops at either 65% or 85% then proceeds to update at a sludgey crawl. Gets to 100% then nothing happens I can't even click finish. Try again same thing happens.

3. Try to bypass everything just use the game keys I have download the downloaders for RoC and tFF run RoC first but when it comes time to punch in my cd keys it says the game key is invalid. Closed it but I noticed everything is there in the folder anyway. I open up the editor in my newest wc3 folder and it asked for the game keys, which I then provide it with both RoC and TFT's keys and wowowow it actually works and behold I can actually access that map that was previously unable to. Checked TFT In the new wc3 folder and it works connect to battle net and oh that part doesn't work. I heard I should connect to the router or something but instead I figured an update may just fix it.

4.So I should of been satified but I got greedy. Thought to myself of trying out that Jass thing I've been hearing about, gave it a shot and wow looks likes it opens this time (previously it wouldn't) buuuuuut it's in RoC mode and doesn't recognize TFT of some reason. Maybe the reason was because I never punched in the game keys officially or something?
Tried clicking on the Jass TFT logo and it said it couldn't hack a dll or something.

5. This brings me to the update I tried I thought i could fix all aforementioned problems if I applied the latest wc3 update. I applied it then it tells me it can not find that blasted Warcraft 3 game key. No problem I guess, I just won't update it now. Buuuut it now says the same thing if I try to open any of my Warcraft applications.
Good God somebody help me I think I'm going to go mad.

So right now I'm downloading all the Warcraft stuff into my old folder which was the one I copy pasted from my hard drive. Maybe this will have the best of both worlds. I have a back up copy of my Warcraft 3 folder in case anything goes wrong.

So what I want is this:

1. My CD keys to work and be recognized, I bought them fair and square...still don't recall where I bought tft from though.

2. Latest updates, compatible with other people's custom maps.

3. My game to be in English.

4. Jass world editor to work and be frozen throne compatible

5. Battle net accessible

6. Play Warcraft like a normal human being again.

What I want to do when all of this mess is dealt with:

1. I want to make a map to play just between me and friends I send the map to. In my custom map I have downloaded a lot of custom content(I don't want to upload the map online because then I'm assuming I'd have to do hours of tracking down who to credit and other permissions I'm sure).
So basically play with custom content(models textures spells) with just my friends, how can I do that?

2. Import spells and units from TTOR without replacing spells and units I've edited already.

3. Create additional races (like different variants of human teams)

4. Have an option to select copy and paste multiple units in the editor from one map to another.

5. I would like to request some custom models, where is the best place to do that?

Thanks so much to anyone who can help me. If you can help me through instant messaging you can send me a pm and I can give you my skype, wechat, or QQ or email.

Last edited:
Level 21
Hm, if you registered the keys on b.net you should be able to download the roc and tft client in several languages respectively - english us and english eu at least!

To make the tft key work with JNGP, consult Self-fix for JNGP on Patch 1.28.

1. Just do it?
2. Create new spells and units.
3. Best to trigger race selection ingame.
4. Sounds like more trigger work with -save and -load function. There should be some systems available.
But! if you want to keep it simple, you might make this on your own, by using unit-type array variables on all your maps.
5. There is a request forum here -> Requests. It's mostly used for simple requests mind you.

Level 2
Hm, if you registered the keys on b.net you should be able to download the roc and tft client in several languages respectively - english us and english eu at least!

To make the tft key work with JNGP, consult Self-fix for JNGP on Patch 1.28.

1. Just do it?
2. Create new spells and units.
3. Best to trigger race selection ingame.
4. Sounds like more trigger work with -save and -load function. There should be some systems available.
But! if you want to keep it simple, you might make this on your own, by using unit-type array variables on all your maps.
5. There is a request forum here -> Requests. It's mostly used for simple requests mind you.

roc's key has been uploaded to b.net but tft's key couldn't for some reason...perhaps I downloaded it from them originally? I do hope I don't have another account with them.
I did download the clients however, but when roc finished it's download I guess, I clicked play Warcraft III then it told me it was unable to find the Warcraft III CD key and I should use the CD to install the game. I have the CD case and it looks like there is supposed to be two CDs in there but I just have one that I beleive says "zhongwen" meaning "Mandarin Chinese" on the top of the CD. If I install it with the CD I think I'm going to run in the exact same updating obstacle I began with and possibly more. I thought downloading the client would come with the CD key since I already uploaded the CD key.
I don't know why using the game client is different this time, maybe it was because I was trying to merge it with the other folder. I tried running the editor like last time but it won't open this time, it'll just crash.

Thanks for the other suggestions they help in general.

Level 2
I also tried the installer but it just says no CD key found when I click play warcraft, if I click uninstall it won't install either.
EDIT: I may of found the problem, but I don't know how to fix the problem. I figured out the downloaders made an installer (duh) but but but, the if I open the installer it tells me to "PLAY" Warcraft III instead of installing it. I can't click uninstall because all that does is refresh the installer and nothing else. It doesn't begin an unistallation process at all. So I guess all I need is to get these installers to say install instead of play. Tried remove or change programs, their is a chinese worded program with the Frozen thrones logo in it but I can't seem to remove it.

Last edited:
Level 21
That's mostly the case when you have residues of older installations in your registry.
So you might fix it with deleting all Wc3 relevant keys in regedit: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Blizzard Entertainment.

If you still have problems, contact the official classic games department of blizzard, or/and respond again, you never know who is watching these forums.
They are very active these days (patching and fixing wc3).

Level 2
That's mostly the case when you have residues of older installations in your registry.
So you might fix it with deleting all Wc3 relevant keys in regedit: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Blizzard Entertainment.

If you still have problems, contact the official classic games department of blizzard, or/and respond again, you never know who is watching these forums.
Thank you so much this may do the trick. I'll have to try tomorrow night. If it works I'll personally sketch you a monster of your choice in a form of payment for your help.
After it's all fixed I'll probably have some more questions as I'm trying to create a DnD style RTS hybrid map.

Level 2

Unfortunately it did not fix the problem. I'm trying to do that Chinese update thing but it's stuck at 85%...I could wait if it wasn't for the fact the update was burning a hole through my table by making my laptop so hot. I tried the loggoblin fix and the deleting logs technique but it didn't fix anything...I'm feeling a bit down about it now.
But for your kind help I will still provide you the picture I promised.

Level 2
Update: I got that update to apply, clicked into it and it was the latest version of it and kept it in English. I was so happy, closed the application. Opened it again....and it went back to the previous version. The editor didn't update too. How is this even possible? It updated it proved to me it updated and it takes it all away. If I begin the update process again it begins at 64% then jumps to 85% then back to the slow slow process of updating. Maybe I just need to restart my computer...I hope that will fix it but I doubt it.

Level 21
Yes the installation will create new registry entries.
Well if it's still not working your best bet would be to contact Blizzard, seems like such a niche problem.

Level 2
Apparently I got it all fixed, it's the latest version too. I'm very happy. But it's saying it can't find the battle net server so I guess that's a problem

Level 21
Is there a "Battle.net Gateways" in your wc3 registry (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Blizzard Entertainment\Warcraft III)?

If not, create a new multi string and name it as following with those values
uswest.battle.net
Lordaeron (U.S. West)
useast.battle.net
Azeroth (U.S. East)
asia.battle.net
Kalimdor (Asia)
europe.battle.net
Northrend (Europe)

Level 2
Is there a "Battle.net Gateways" in your wc3 registry (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Blizzard Entertainment\Warcraft III)?

uswest.battle.net
Lordaeron (U.S. West)
useast.battle.net
Azeroth (U.S. East)
asia.battle.net
Kalimdor (Asia)
europe.battle.net
Northrend (Europe)
I have one but mine says

uswest.battle.net
Lordaeron (U.S. West)
useast.battle.net
Azeroth (U.S. East)
asia.battle.net
Kalimdor (Asia)
europe.battle.net
Northrend (Europe)

Level 2

uswest.battle.net
Lordaeron (U.S. West)
useast.battle.net
Azeroth (U.S. East)
asia.battle.net
Kalimdor (Asia)
europe.battle.net
Northrend (Europe)
Thanks again for being patient enough to help me out, I created a separate thread for my TTOR troubles [Import] - Merging TTOR resources(units/abilities) with the latest version of Wc3 World Editor I was gonna contact the creator of the mod then I realized he was last active in 2005...still I may just find a way to send an email or something to the guy

Status
Not open for further replies.