• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Reverting to the previous editor!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hey hive,

I too am very upset about the latest patch, however I was one of the lucky devs who backed up their game saves.

I'm also very lucky, in that wc3 is installed on both my laptop and desktop. By copying the entirety of the WarcraftIII program files folder from my laptop (not updated) to my desktop (updated), I am now able to use the 1.29 editor to update my maps and continue development!

If any of you have access to a non-updated client, you can copy the folders over to your current computer (do not overwrite the main wc3 folder, just paste it elsewhere like your desktop or something) and follow these steps:

Run the warcraftIII application (Not the launcher as that will update the game), it will prompt you for your CD keys

Enter your CD keys

Exit the application, and start world edit. You should now be able to continue editing your maps without issue.

If it were possible, I would provide my old copy of wc3 to you all, but that would likely be both illegal and far too difficult (1.11gb). Good luck to those of you who have access to an older version!

Note: I am not sure if maps work on battle.net custom games? I will find out soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.