1. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Reverting to the previous editor!

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by Superz_Ze_Man, May 29, 2019.

1. Superz_Ze_Man

Superz_Ze_Man

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey hive,

I too am very upset about the latest patch, however I was one of the lucky devs who backed up their game saves.

I'm also very lucky, in that wc3 is installed on both my laptop and desktop. By copying the entirety of the WarcraftIII program files folder from my laptop (not updated) to my desktop (updated), I am now able to use the 1.29 editor to update my maps and continue development!

If any of you have access to a non-updated client, you can copy the folders over to your current computer (do not overwrite the main wc3 folder, just paste it elsewhere like your desktop or something) and follow these steps:

Run the warcraftIII application (Not the launcher as that will update the game), it will prompt you for your CD keys

Enter your CD keys

Exit the application, and start world edit. You should now be able to continue editing your maps without issue.

If it were possible, I would provide my old copy of wc3 to you all, but that would likely be both illegal and far too difficult (1.11gb). Good luck to those of you who have access to an older version!

Note: I am not sure if maps work on battle.net custom games? I will find out soon...

2. elbesh2

elbesh2

Resources:
    Resources:
    I managed to make it Work by using the WorldEditor 1.31 Public Test Release.
    Try it out.

3. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Blizzard is working to fix the string corruption issue.