• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Set ability cooldown - map won't load anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
So yeah I'm having this weird Issue, If I set a cooldown for a ability the game won't load the map after saving, it will just crash. I've searched online and couldn't really find anyone talking about it.
I'm using warcraft version 1.29.2.
Is it native to the version or am I missing something?
I'll attach a little example for a quick look. See if it loads for you.

Attachments

• cooldown crash.w3x
    19 KB · Views: 8
Level 2
Bump.
I'm really baffled by this. Am I doing something wrong? I've tried it with Variables/Direct Input and nothing. Is my wc3 version to blame?

Bump.
I'm really baffled by this. Am I doing something wrong? I've tried it with Variables/Direct Input and nothing. Is my wc3 version to blame?
I haven't run 1.29 in ages, but one strange thing about setting cooldown is that you usually need to "refresh" the ability for it to take effect.
By "refresh" I mean for example increase the level by 1, then decrease it by 1. This seems to be fine even if the ability only has 1 level or are at max level already.

If that doesn't work, maybe it didn't work until 1.31...?

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
From my experience, the cooldown functions have always worked as intended aside from the occasional UI glitch when using Start Unit Cooldown. Refreshing can be needed when using the Ability Real/Ability Integer/Ability Boolean Field functions added in 1.31.

Anyway, it doesn't crash for me on the latest patch. Honestly, I thought Set Ability Cooldown was added in 1.31.

Also, the Level field in the function is indexed starting at 0, in case you didn't know. Setting the Level to 1 changes the cooldown for ability level 2.

Level 2
From my experience, the cooldown functions have always worked as intended aside from the occasional UI glitch when using Start Unit Cooldown. Refreshing can be needed when using the Ability Real/Ability Integer/Ability Boolean Field functions added in 1.31.

Anyway, it doesn't crash for me on the latest patch. Honestly, I thought Set Ability Cooldown was added in 1.31.

Also, the Level field in the function is indexed starting at 0, in case you didn't know. Setting the Level to 1 changes the cooldown for ability level 2.
It doesn't even allow the ability to be set to 0 by default, if i do set it via variable it doesn't do anything (game even loads after a save). So this is probably a version problem. I was under the impression that the majority of people were using 1.29.2.

It doesn't even allow the ability to be set to 0 by default, if i do set it via variable it doesn't do anything (game even loads after a save). So this is probably a version problem. I was under the impression that the majority of people were using 1.29.2.
It depends on what you're after. 1.31 have many new natives that enables cool stuff, latest (reforged) fixes few issues and adds very few new additional things...
1.31 have issues when you save, then load, that "Unit Specific Events" seems to disappear. Also ofc, saving does not work in multiplayer at all.

I remember a poll a year ago or so and then it seemed like about 40% of people used latest, 30% 1.31.1, 30% any older version.

Status
Not open for further replies.