• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Setting the cooldown of a spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Is there any way (preferably in JASS), to set the cooldown of a spell, not reset it, just specify an real, or something like that, which will then be used as the curretnly cooldown for the ability?
For an isntance, if i have a spell by the rawcode A001, on the unit o001 and i wan't the cooldown to be 30 seconds, i could write:
SetUnitAbilityCooldown(o001,A001,30.)

Thank you very much :p

Level 8
Is there a way to reset the cooldown of just 1 ability, instead of all the ones on the hero? If there is then you might be able to make a few versions of each ability with different cooldowns and substitute them in.

Level 5
it is not possible to reset one ability, but you could maybe remove all abilities, reset them and then readd the others? just a fast thought.

Level 3
Ur thoughts however, are indeed great, however, the idea was to have a skill, that would regenerate some mana, but however set all other skills to a 30 seconds cooldown, but it's okay, i just made it so it removes the double amount of life, of which u gain mana. But thanks for the help everyone, i just don't think it's possible to make the skill like i wanted to.

yes i thought about RtC, however, as some other said, i had heard it was broken with the newest patch, and the map is not single player.

Level 7
If you want to set an ability's cooldown with a trigger then add more levels to the ability but with the same stats and only change the cooldown. Then just use the trigger Set Ability Level, and change it to the level with the different cooldown.

I use this for my map where you have the option to turn cooldowns off for all players, and what it does is just sets everyone's abilities to a specific level that keeps everything the same but has zero cooldown, so it appears as though the cooldown changed via triggers.

Level 12
If you want to set an ability's cooldown with a trigger then add more levels to the ability but with the same stats and only change the cooldown. Then just use the trigger Set Ability Level, and change it to the level with the different cooldown.

I use this for my map where you have the option to turn cooldowns off for all players, and what it does is just sets everyone's abilities to a specific level that keeps everything the same but has zero cooldown, so it appears as though the cooldown changed via triggers.

You can always REMOVE ability then Re-add it to reset the cooldown.

Status
Not open for further replies.