• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Set Ability Cooldown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
does anyone know of a way or can figure out how to set an ability cooldown without actually making the unit use the ability? also another thing is how can you reset ability cooldown rather than reset ability cooldowns? as i understand it you cannot do either of these things but can only do the reset ability cooldowns. if i had to guess i might say removing the ability and giving it back might reset it. but the main thing right now i want to figure out is how to set an ability cooldown without making the unit use the ability. i guess it's the same concept as MTG where you tap a card so it cannot be used that turn...normally the card is tapped after it's used...but certain cards can tap other cards so they can't do anything. it would be nice to have a hero that had an ability that could tap other heroes' abilities. of course there's mana burn, but that deals damage and isn't the same thing as setting the cooldown, it just removes mana.

Level 5
I do not think it is possible to set in ability in cooldown by using triggers, without ordering the unit to actually use it.

However, if you do not want some spells to be used, you can do something like this:
  • No Spell Casting
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Ability being cast) Equal to (Your Ability)
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Stop

Level 13
if he's already started the effect of an ability telling him to stop won't accomplish much...if it were windwalk i guess he'd stop moving or attack moving or whatever but most spells it wouldn't do anything except perhaps screw up his waypointed commands.

Level 13
hmm...well i feel like that would only work for channeling spells, but yeah it would work i guess for that just fine. i still feel like this would only let you do like a MTG counterspell...it wouldn't let you tap, but i guess counterspell would be better than nothing...i just feel like counterspell wouldn't be cool in war3 but tapping would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.